Beyonce equals more tips. Who knew?

ChiGal

So today I decided to go back to my regular routine of only doing Lyft after playing around with Uber's guarantees. It's no secret that Lyft has more women passengers than men.

Every single person that got in my car saw the "Lemonade" album on the face of my radio. Every one of them asked it I could play it loud. They all knew the words, sang along with it, asked to play their favorites, and all that. EVEN THE MEN.

Today was actually one of my most fun days driving in a while.

Sidenote: Lyft does prime time at the airports for anyone who didn't know. And the map wad pink today at Ohare. I got a ride into the city after waiting 10 mins that was $52 and some change.

Anywho when I cashed out today I saw that I had $47 in tips (I cash out everyday on both platforms). Not bad for 11 rides. I'm not sure if they all tipped yet. Hopefully not, and I will see the rest on my statement in 24 hours.

Either today was just lucky or Beyonce puts people in the mood to tip. I'm going to test this out tomorrow as well.

Also I'm sticking with Lyft. Between Prime Time and the tips I just make more than the uber guarantees. If Uber gives me the boost, I will test it. I doubt they will though.

Last edited:

beezlewaxin

I went into this thread thinking it was about a Beyonce concert, but this is so much better.. and I am looking forward to hearing your results..

HOOSIERGAL

Today was my first day driving for LYFT after a two month hiatus, after dipping my finger in the gUBER guarantees. First trip into downtown for $43 + $12 tip. Then picked up a matched Lyft Line: 2 $5 pax + $8 tip. Back to Midway for $37 and a $13 tip. Two hours, $60+/HR...home I went...So glad I'm done with gUBER

Szuras

Today was my first day driving for LYFT after a two month hiatus, after dipping my finger in the gUBER guarantees. First trip into downtown for $43 + $12 tip. Then picked up a matched Lyft Line: 2 $5 pax + $8 tip. Back to Midway for $37 and a $13 tip. Two hours, $60+/HR...home I went...So glad I'm done with gUBER
Nice, but yesterday uber also was good , i made over 400 ( -30 for gas ) for about 10 hours on road , maybe i will try lyft also ....( they have any promo for new drivers?)

AllenChicago

It appears that Lyft is better than UBER for Prime-Time/Surge compensation..especially so when the tips are factored in. Last week, I received TIP dollars that were greater than the 20% fee that Lyft took out of my pay.

What does Beyoncé have to do with Lyft passengers tipping? Do we need to join her fan club?

ChiGal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It appears that Lyft is better than UBER for Prime-Time/Surge compensation..especially so when the tips are factored in. Last week, I received TIP dollars that were greater than the 20% fee that Lyft took out of my pay.

What does Beyoncé have to do with Lyft passengers tipping? Do we need to join her fan club?
Lol...no I wasn't suggesting to join her fan club. Just noting how the passengers love her album and tip like they're drunk off her music.

ChiGal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I went into this thread thinking it was about a Beyonce concert, but this is so much better.. and I am looking forward to hearing your results..
I tested it again... This time I just had it playing and asked if the music bothered them. I heard them singing and humming it and again, got tips exceeding the normal amount. I was asked a couple of times if I went to her concert. I told them, no because I was driving the hive to and from it. They told me all about the show. They were actually really excited to tell me all about it. I even had a couple of ladies say they were happy I was their driver and asked if they could get my number and schedule rides in advance.

My take away is that Beyonce is good for business.