Beware! We will need to cough up $250.

muliono

Uber just asked me to contact the auto inspect company myself to find out how much they will charge for the "vehicle inspection renewal". We will need to pay roughly $250 out of our own pocket for that stupid 5 minutes vehicle inspection, in order to drive again. So, every year we will be requested to re-take that stupid vehicle inspection and pay by ourself. No more free from uber. Beware!

uberboy77

Uber just asked me to contact the auto inspect company myself to find out how much they will charge for the "vehicle inspection renewal". We will need to pay roughly $250 out of our own pocket for that stupid 5 minutes vehicle inspection, in order to drive again. So, every year we will be requested to re-take that stupid vehicle inspection and pay by ourself. No more free from uber. Beware!

That is outrageous. I'd expect a minor car service for that price

observer

Complain to Uber about the price. They should be able to negotiate a much lower price with a chain of shops.

observer

Not necessarily. Uber needs to fix this or a lot of drivers just won't sign up. They want thousands of drivers. A car inspection here in the states runs about 40 AUD.

UberDriverAU

Lol! An official Department of Transport vehicle examination here in WA has a price tag of $92.55, and is far more thorough than that conducted by Auto Inspect. Do you guys have something similar in NSW? I will be telling Uber to get effed if they require me to pay $250 for the minimal inspection that was conducted last time.

Icecool

Just curious where did you go to get an inspection mechanic shop .? I thought the renewals for a car or the pink slip is only about $33 a years

uberboy77

Why do we always hear about these things from drivers and NOT from Uber?

Uber prefers to keep partners (and I use that term loosely) in the dark to avoid a mass exodus. It prefers to deal with bad news stories where there can be no positive spin put on it on a case by case basis. They announced the fare cut in other states but put a positive spin on it for example. But with something like this, there is no positive spin so silent they will remain and it will be addressed with each driver as and when required.

If they could, they would love to shut down forums such as this where knowledge is shared.

hostertully

I got my second car inspected yesterday at Concord. I didn't book, just turned up later in the afternoon. Took about 15min total. Not a single cent charged.
Ive been on Uber since July 2015. I sold the car that I used for Uber and have activated another one. The inspection didn't cost anything. I hope I won't have to pay $250 next year.......