• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Beware!!! Taxi police sting at LaGuardia! Do not pick up in NYC without proper licensing.

clover40

An undercover TLC agent solicited a ride from me after I dropped off at LaGuardia airport on 5/6/19. I thought I was helping a guy out, I didn't actually want to take him, but of course they busted me. I'm facing $2000 fine and revocation of my license. Do not pick up in NYC 5 boroughs if you don't have a TLC license!!!!

clover40

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
To be clear, I am a NYC suburbs/CT driver, where TLC is not required. I can drop off in the city but not pickup.

islanddriver

You knew law why did you do it. The tlc have been doing that long before Uber or Lyft. Back in the 80's when I drove limos they were doing that to us.law is only taxis can do Street hails TLC isn't really the problem with the without all unber or limos have to be called

Last edited:

Ridesharereload

I feel bad for you man. My neighbor who used to do taxi in the early 2000s picked up a ride from JFK going to Westchester and they impounded his car $2000 fine and $100 fine everyday he didn’t pay.