Beware of University Ave Red Light Cameras

UberTrader

Last night just got caught with a red light camera on University ave downtown core, it was the fastest amber light I have ever seen, it seems to me that it was designed that way, I am sure it was modified because I am familiar with most traffic lights in GTA and they rarely turn quickly to red after amber light, but this one was exception, so be careful out there in that street. my speed was less than 40 km when passing amber light but the cam activated when I was in the middle of intersection, that was odd though!

Uberactionmax

The flash is to catch you going through the intersection as proof.

You are talking about university going north in queen. That light does feel a second faster, but it could be because we are used to going 50, but is now going 40.

UberTrader

You are talking about university going north in queen. That light does feel a second faster, but it could be because we are used to going 50, but is now going 40.

No, it is University south bound before queen, there is another light before that and Waze does warn you for that but not the one before it which caught me, oh well!

Uber_5_star

At least Toronto doesn't have speed & red light camera like Calgary. No speeding up to cross the intersection before light change.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170904-153123.png
    Screenshot_20170904-153123.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 68

dmoney155

That sounds like Relativity problem lol.

ryan137

Always avoid it.
If you have a transponder then sure why not, but i dont see the point of paying for transponder just to accomodate 1/100 requests i receive that include 407.
If anyone will ever say that they want to take 407 ill tell them to give me $20 extra as i dont have a transponder.

I think you responded to wrong post lol