Beware of ths new trick from cheap passengers:Destination change at the airport..

Inshur

Analyst83

Waited at Jfk for 2 hrs,went and picked up the passenger going to Soho..i was like ok lets make 30 bucks whatever

Pax:Wait why is it taking you to manhattan?
Me:Cus this adress is in manhattan,right?

Cheapo:Oh this picked up my old adress I only live like litterely 5 minutes away on lefferts blvd.

Me:
Drove back home and called it a night for $7.59..
Good luck with cheapos out there y'all..

unitxero

UBER Emp #2266971
It's not cheap pax that created that behavior. It's terrible drivers who have refused this person's shorty trip in the past. Blame that driver for that pax behavior.

Also, you waited at JFK for 2 hours... Even if you made 70 dollars in one trip, you could of done that working the city.

Analyst83

Trick cus pax told me that 3 people cancelled on her on lyft and she switched to uber.

Waited two hours cus it said only 95 cars without knowing it's gonna take two hours.

Driving all the way to soho is an invitation to deactivation..

Just sharing my experience so that it's not new to other drivers any more..

And yeah pax was uber VIP if you needed to know anything more

DJWolford

Trick cus pax told me that 3 people cancelled on her on lyft and she switched to uber.

Waited two hours cus it said only 95 cars without knowing it's gonna take two hours.

Driving all the way to soho is an invitation to deactivation..

Just sharing my experience so that it's not new to other drivers any more..

And yeah pax was uber VIP if you needed to know anything more

No dude, this not a pax trick.

This is the result of bunch of @@@@ driver's that screen all their rides and turn down all the bad one's

blows my mind

Uber Driver 007

I use TNC apps a lot as a rider (as in daily) - Average fare is ~$50ish. I also get the shithead drivers at JFK and LGA who call and screen for my destination. This happens almost every single time. Yeah it makes me mad ... there's no professionalism left in this business. And don't give me BS about "blame Uber for making us drive for pennies" - it's getting a little old. Where I come from...once you agree to do a job...you do it right and you do it well. Period. Believe it or not, a lot of these riders y'all call cheap on shorties are the same riders who take nice long rides which makes or breaks certain days. Keep treating everyone like shit and keep wondering why business has gone down the drain (aside from having an abundance of drivers, there are other factors, too)

Zubera

I use TNC apps a lot as a rider (as in daily) - Average fare is ~$50ish. I also get the shithead drivers at JFK and LGA who call and screen for my destination. This happens almost every single time. Yeah it makes me mad ... there's no professionalism left in this business. And don't give me BS about "blame Uber for making us drive for pennies" - it's getting a little old. Where I come from...once you agree to do a job...you do it right and you do it well. Period. Believe it or not, a lot of these riders y'all call cheap on shorties are the same riders who take nice long rides which makes or breaks certain days. Keep treating everyone like shit and keep wondering why business has gone down the drain (aside from having an abundance of drivers, there are other factors, too)
Same applies to you. This is what it is. Don't like it don't use uber as a rider then. Blame uber for it. Showing a destination address in the ping screen will solve this. Gett had it and it was much better then what uber has. Why hide a des address? Show it. If one driver doesn't accept the ping it goes to other driver then. Very simple.

Last edited:

Brooklyn

Exactly.
Same applies to you. This is what it is. Don't like it don't use uber as a rider then. Blame uber for it. Showing a destination address in the ping screen will solve this. Gett had it and it was much better then what uber has. Why hide a des address? Show it. If one driver doesn't accept the ping it goes to other driver then. Very simple.
Showing the destination would solve literally nothing. Then you'll just have drivers declining trips off the jump.

DJWolford

Same applies to you. This is what it is. Don't like it don't use uber as a rider then. Blame uber for it. Showing a destination address in the ping screen will solve this. Gett had it and it was much better then what uber has. Why hide a des address? Show it. If one driver don't accept the ping it goes to other driver then. Very simple.

Don't play dumb Zubera you know exactly why they don't show the destination and thats so you take every ride.

i guarantee uber never expected such a massively unprofessional practice of actually calling the rider's and asking where they are going to be such commonplace.

===========

Don't get me wrong we all can understand wanting only rides we deem 'Worthwhile'

But think about it, it's such a disgusting thing to accept a ride -- call the person -- ask where they're going and if it's just 5 minutes down the street u cancel.
then 2 more driver's after you.

meanwhile this nice rider just wants to go 7 minutes down the street.

it's a really scummy practice, done by way to many driver's.

The idea never even occurred to me of doing this ----- until a pax of mine told me 2 driver's cancelled before me

horrible

and no --- its not uber's fault

Zubera

Then you'll just have drivers declining trips off the jump.
Declining requests is not a problem, calling the pax is, blindly taking trips that you don't like is also a problem. Do you remember Gett? If you were too slow on accepting a request other driver could take it. Same problem with pool. A lot of drivers don't accept it. Why can't we opt out then? Pax still order pools even they know that most drivers will decline it. These apps need to be much flexible and need to have more filters. Drivers need to be able to filter the requests. This is the model of the perfect system. If apps still force the drivers to accept everything it won't work.

And remember, uber is not an employer and can't force the drivers anything. Apps are just middle persons that need to find a right driver for the pax and right pax for the drivers for a service fee. Everyone is independent here and it was the idea of the apps.

Last edited:

kimoyo

Exactly.

Showing the destination would solve literally nothing. Then you'll just have drivers declining trips off the jump.

So your point is the end justifies the means? Uber doesn't want an outcome so @@@@ doing what's right? Destination should be provided when the contract is accepted. We are not employess and we should be afforded the opportunity to choose to take profitable or non-profitable assignments. And yes it is Uber's fault because they cut rates so low and increased supply so much that rides can be unprofitable. Why should we pay Uber to drive passengers? Why drive 15 minutes for a 3 minute ride? No one should lose money on any ride, what's the point of working then.

Last edited:

bradleyf81

Exactly.

I also feel like allowing drivers to decline passengers based on destination would be the same as a yellow cab asking a passenger where they're going before they're seated in the cab and then telling them no and bolting. TLC will f*** you up for that.

DJWolford

Overcharging a pax by $10 can lose you your TLC license if I remember right. You better double check before doing something crazy.

Well Duh,

you're literally just stealing a lil extra on top. and nobody would ever do this just once ON PURPOSE.
anyone who did this on purpose would make a habit out of it, its like a lil cherry.

God i want to know if anyone attempted this, like on the regular

What about the nice driver who wants to keep his home? This isn't yellow, it's not even livery. Why shouldn't we know where a passenger is going before we accept a job, this isn't SHL?

Because Uber set's the rules and We accept them or we don't drive.

you're just all blaming uber, for the app, its the app's fault they don't show us where they are going.

***BTW, little side note, they just added a 45+ minute trip alert so they threw everyone a bone on that one***

its not uber's fault. it's the drivers fault wanting to game how they system works and flows.

its a really scummy, lowly tactic to to call the rider for the address

============================================================

I've taken An Uber less than 5 times in my life

But if i ordered a ride --- and immediately got a call asking about where i'm going i would be totally @@@@ing weirded out, just being a regular person

Uber_Yota_916

You want to catch the shitty drivers who are calling pax asking for their destination? Be the bait. Go order a ride from the curb to the car rental place. That should sufficiently piss off enough driver who would do such a shitty thing as call their passenger. When they cancel it is time to report that shit through the app. If pax are not willing to report this scandalous behavior then take it into your own hands. Seriously though, 20 mins a day of screwing with shitty drivers and the problem will eventually sort itself out.

Make sure to cancel on drivers who do not call before the timer runs out lol.

Inshur New York