1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Beware of account name GoGo

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Alexxx_Uber, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Alexxx_Uber

Alexxx_Uber

This account is apparently for a company that gives service to old people with extreme disability, such as not even able to get in and out without help.
    All they do is booking uber and Lyft for them and leave all the burden on the drivers.
    My advice: cancel instantly in Uber, or decline in Lyft if see that account. It’s either GoGo or GoGoParents

2. Gilby

Gilby

Driving:
    UberX
    I had some of these for a blind passenger. Stopped accepting after he asked me several times to go through a drive through and carry his food into his apartment. Never tipped.

3. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

It’s GoGoGrandparent. Don’t do them unless you have a severe case of community service disorder.

4. Alexxx_Uber

Alexxx_Uber

yeah that’s the damn name. Thanks for correction. The mofos probably take a good money from those elderly people and instead of giving them proper service, put all the burden on drivers. Shame

5. DustyChode

DustyChode

NI get pings for “gogograndparent” sometimes. I’ve had no trouble so far. They are usually seniors not going very far.
    I believe the service allows riders to call the service and they put in the ride request for them.

6. Dan2miletripguy

Dan2miletripguy

Driving:
    UberX
    I have done those and I consider those to be community service.

7. Coachman

Coachman

Driving:
    UberX
    I picked up one of these rides once. It was a mentally challenged guy... not elderly. I've assisted disabled pax in the past and didn't find it too burdensome.

But yeah, my thought was... this service is probably making more on the ride than I am.

8. jgiun1jgiun1

Yup.
    If this company was smart to automatically add a $3 tip to every ride or something like that, it would be different.

I say we shuffle these.

9. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

Yeah start doing these and you’ll be hauling these folks to the ER soon. Another no win situation.

Grubhub513, Fostel, melusine3 and 3 others like this.
  10. jgiun1

jgiun1

Ohh yesssssss.....remember my only one and sent me to the wrong personal care home. About 15 minutes later I was arm and arm with the Pax to my car.....got tipped metallic bingo chips.

I came up with a catchy thread called GoGo to hell Lyft!!!!

Quest09, Fostel, drunkinUber and 3 others like this.
  11. Gogo rides are almost as bad as grocery store pickups

12. jgiun1

jgiun1

They make the walmart pickup feel like a X2 surge - 15 miles trip success.

13. Coachman

Coachman

Driving:
    UberX
    Too many drivers recycling all the time. Someone will always take the ride.

14. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow

they actually have the audacity to text us to not accept cash tips from the riders, ridiculous

15. May88

May88

I accepted a Go Go Granny request out of desperation during a slow day. En-route I received a text in 4 languages “please cancel this ride if you do not speak fluent English.” Of course, I cancelled the ride one block away from pick-up. Figured there’s nothing but trouble ahead with a elderly racist pax in my vehicle.

Umut, T&W, DownByTheRiver and 6 others like this.
  16. Well done

A good reason to shuffle

17. JimKE

JimKE

Exactly. It's for old folks who don't know how to use smart phones. I've had several of their rides and never had the slightest problem other than the fact that they take more time getting in and out of the car...which is trivial.

18. If you don’t expire from:
    • Disease
    • Accident
    • Violent crime
    • Suicide
    You too will be elderly some day

The good news is your uber ride with be autonomous. No judgmental self centered drivers

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  19. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow

ya ive never had an issue either, if youre really nice and conversate they tend to tip

Quest09 and MoreTips like this.
  20. Alexxx_Uber

Alexxx_Uber

No worries. I know I will be elderly some day too. And I will be definitely enough knowledgeable not to abuse other people. If I am going to put more than necessary burden on a service person, I will definitely have good understanding to make and keep him happy with tips, in advanced.