Beware: Lyft directly withdrawing money via Stripe

toiuber

I was shocked when I looked at my bank statement and found that earnings deposited 3 days ago was withdrawn directly through Stripe transfer.

I called Lyft and they claim it was to remove a duplicate deposit.

I even sent them a screenshot of my bank transactions showing only 1 deposit for the amount, they don't understand accounting and the last rep I talked to hunt up the phone on me.

So here's what you do:
1. Use Lyft help feature to send an email (don't use a phone, you want the evidence trail)
2. Report to your bank an unauthorized withdrawal transfer on your account. They'll open a claim investigation into the transaction.
3. Ask your bank to block outbound withdrawals coming from the unauthorized source.

If you want to take it further, Lyft may have committed banking and/or financial fraud as their transaction title was Business 2 Business transfer (of which I am aware that I'm not a business).

To my knowledge from their rep, they have done this to all their drivers (I'm thinking lusty the US maybe).

Samman

I was shocked when I looked at my bank statement and found that earnings deposited 3 days ago was withdrawn directly through Stripe transfer.

I called Lyft and they claim it was to remove a duplicate deposit.

I even sent them a screenshot of my bank transactions showing only 1 deposit for the amount, they don't understand accounting and the last rep I talked to hunt up the phone on me.

So here's what you do:
1. Use Lyft help feature to send an email (don't use a phone, you want the evidence trail)
2. Report to your bank an unauthorized withdrawal transfer on your account. They'll open a claim investigation into the transaction.
3. Ask your bank to block outbound withdrawals coming from the unauthorized source.

If you want to take it further, Lyft may have committed banking and/or financial fraud as their transaction title was Business 2 Business transfer (of which I am aware that I'm not a business).

To my knowledge from their rep, they have done this to all their drivers (I'm thinking lusty the US maybe).
confused?!?!?! who you banking with?

dimwit_driver

I suggest going into the hub. Something is amiss. It is possible you are being scammed. If they are clawing back a duplicate deposit demand to see evidence.

Cut

There are a few other threads about this. Apparently, people were using express pay and the system was saying it didn't go through, but it really did and were paid for express pay and the normal weekly deposit. It sounds like you somehow got mixed up on that fix.

Dennyjo2016

I'm glad you posted this. I just assumed my payment was deposited today, as every other deposit in the past 4 years I have received on Tuesdays. It was not deposited. I go to the app and there's a note on my screen."last payout Jan 7 (processed by Jan 9]. There certainly seems to be something going on. Feels like 20 years ago when it was always a crap shoot if my paycheck would actually clear, the year before the company closed shop.

K-pax

I suggest going into the hub. Something is amiss. It is possible you are being scammed. If they are clawing back a duplicate deposit demand to see evidence.
They actually let hub employees do anything to fix problems these days?

toiuber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep, check your bank statements. Calling or Emailing doesn't help. I doubt the Hub would understand either. Lyft doesn't seem to understand "debit" vs "credit", "Deposit" vs. "Withdrawal", or even what "Duplicate" means.

I'll try the Hub again, I suspect I would laugh until it tickles when I get the same response.

Net: there are people who got deposited twice, there are people who didn't.

Report it as Fraud, because that is what it is without your authorization. My banker could not find any mention of Lyft anywhere in the Strip transfer. It looks like a plane Jane hacked transaction. The bank will open a Fraud investigation. Hopefully that will tickle Lyft.

Cut

Everything seems to be normal on my account with the weekly deposit and no withdrawal. @Dennyjo2016 , I wouldn't be concerned unless it doesn't show up by tomorrow.

toiuber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep, I'm the one who they thought had been overpaid, which according to my bank statement was not.

They emailed me, I now have explained the way accounting works in the real world, included my bank statement along with boxes and arrows to highlight what is a deposit, what is a withdrawal. Even with such clear graphics, they haven't clued in.

Not a peep so far. It's late in the day so I'm not keen on driving the 40 mile roundtrip yet, maybe tomorrow.

K-pax

Yep, I'm the one who they thought had been overpaid, which according to my bank statement was not.

They emailed me, I now have explained the way accounting works in the real world, included my bank statement along with boxes and arrows to highlight what is a deposit, what is a withdrawal. Even with such clear graphics, they haven't clued in.

Not a peep so far. It's late in the day so I'm not keen on driving the 40 mile roundtrip yet, maybe tomorrow.
Lyft thinks all drivers are overpaid. You should pay them.