Better Than Halloween??

Cou-ber

So I am getting text bombed by uber about the epic Saturday night and how all my colleagues are drowning in extra, record breaking, better than Halloween, record surge blanketing the entire metro Houston area and beyond cash but when I pull up the app there's nothing but a white Houston. And I am well aware that any night will easily rival this past Halloween night with ease but is there any truth to this propaganda? Do I need to give the kid shots of Benadryl and join you so more than ramen can find its way onto the table next week or no?? Talk to me.

James Lee

Drove through eado to downtown to montrose to heights. 0 ping within 30 mins. It sure was busy around 6-7

itsablackmarket

Yes there is a lot of demand tonight but there's a ton of drivers to fill it and yes expect to see more surges tonight reaching higher numbers. Maybe it'll go past 6x at 2 am. However for me it's still not worth it. Only suckers do these weekend rides. The risk surpasses the reward at a way higher rate than the stupid surge. Abusive entitled pax giving low ratings and damaging your car while you simultaneously dodge idiot drivers and drunks and pot holes. Totally not worth it. Those losers can drive themselves and get a DUI. So glad I disabled their stupid text propaganda.

Last edited:

Ramon

Haha then if you are correct maybe I'm a sucker for working weekends? I guess you are right cuz you are an uber driver, experienced uber driver. Yesterday was at 5.9x during the day but not at night.... Do you call risk driving around drunk people? Or is it annoying being around drunk nonsense people that cannot describe their pick up location?
I had expirience times when people from out of town would not be able to tell me where they at.... Without alcohol and during daylight.

Cou-ber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't do weekends for the surge. I can only do this, or could until recently, only do this on the weekends after the kid goes to sleep and time is mine to do as I please. Those types of hours are woefully few and when they sporadically appear I am finding it increasingly difficult to dust off the motivation to drive. Last night I was out until about 4 and the shite I see is frightening. Where are the cops??! Oh, yea, that's right, 3 of them at least were at Studemont and Washington watching a car get towed. I would have won the steak knives last night for DUI's had I been a cop. Back in my partying days, I wouldn't have pulled the crap I saw easily at least a dozen drivers pull last night. I told a pax last night that piggy backed on a friend's ride to get to his car that an uber was waaaayyy cheaper than a DUI but he'd hear none of it. So, yea, the weekends are stupid but they are my stupid unfortunately and I gotta do em.

Tonight should be interesting! The drinking started early. I stopped at 8 and my last 2 hours of driving were mostly intoxicated Pax :frown:. Thank God they had enough sense to take an Uber but there are many who will not. The last ride, the girl couldn't even walk. I was thankful we made it to the destination without a situation. Be safe out there.

bigprttygrlswag

Someone's gotta do the dirty work.
Someone's gotta take the drunk pax home.
Someone has got to clean the toilets.
Someone has to change the bedpans at the hospital.

Heck, when I'm tipsy or traveling I call an uber. But I'm not rude. It's just the nature of the business - customer service.

MBENZ_GUY

I did well tonight thanks to UberSelect and company Christmas parties. The western high dollar areas fed the Benz well. I had a surge Select ride that was $73 gross. It got slow around 8pm and picked up again around 10:30.

tripAces

I do like I normally do on Saturday night. End up across town for a good run. ($70 net tonight) Then work my way back home. Getting occasional hit and making money.
Net $150 with 6hrs online.

Yes the drunk driver's are up and out. And Texas has already set another record year for Highway Deaths.

Next wknd will be much the same with the drunk driver's.

itsablackmarket

Haha then if you are correct maybe I'm a sucker for working weekends? I guess you are right cuz you are an uber driver, experienced uber driver. Yesterday was at 5.9x during the day but not at night.... Do you call risk driving around drunk people? Or is it annoying being around drunk nonsense people that cannot describe their pick up location?
I had expirience times when people from out of town would not be able to tell me where they at.... Without alcohol and during daylight.
I call Uber one of the riskiest things you can do. Lowering those risks as much as possible is what I aim for, but Uber hates that. Then again, Uber isn't the one who's life is on the line.

Uber is your friend until something goes wrong. Then they'll say they never knew you.

elelegido

So I am getting text bombed by uber about the epic Saturday night and how all my colleagues are drowning in extra, record breaking, better than Halloween, record surge blanketing the entire metro Houston area and beyond cash but when I pull up the app there's nothing but a white Houston. And I am well aware that any night will easily rival this past Halloween night with ease but is there any truth to this propaganda? Do I need to give the kid shots of Benadryl and join you so more than ramen can find its way onto the table next week or no?? Talk to me.
Uber's messages to drivers on demand are in fact very useful. Read what they say, and do the opposite. "There will be high demand / demand will be off the charts / busiest ever", these all mean "expect less demand than usual and plan your working time outside these hours".

Richard Cranium

I call Uber one of the riskiest things you can do. Lowering those risks as much as possible is what I aim for, but Uber hates that. Then again, Uber isn't the one who's life is on the line.

Uber is your friend until something goes wrong. Then they'll say they never knew you.
Carry protection. There is no option.
Look into the Kimber Pepper Blaster II.

RC

itsablackmarket

RC
Can i use if they annoy me and act like they're better than me?? Or should i just go with my normal strategy of acting really paranoid and since fear is contagious they'll start praying nothing bad happens. Nope, just going to avoid the nights altogether. They're not for me.

Bukrub

RC
I really like the Kimber and see it being useful in several situations. The concern I have with it is the potential to miss. It doesn't spray it fires, and you only get 2 shots. In a panic situation the potential of it getting hit or pushed away before firing in a close combat situation are high. I think something that sprays is a better option for our situation.

tootsie

I've been sick and off the roads since Wednesday. I too was bombarded with messages. Doesn't look like I missed much.

Fuzzyelvis

I got a 4.3 surge last night. But he was going a short distance. Trip was $21 something. I got $15. Sad.

Richard Cranium

I really like the Kimber and see it being useful in several situations. The concern I have with it is the potential to miss. It doesn't spray it fires, and you only get 2 shots. In a panic situation the potential of it getting hit or pushed away before firing in a close combat situation are high. I think something that sprays is a better option for our situation.
I completely disagree. I have used one and been hit with one in a training scenario, and the best i can say is you have to see it fire, and better yet allow yourself to be hit with it. It DOES have a pattern and does not shoot from one hole, there are 6 if I remember and they all have different internal angles. I also will say it was NOT pleasant getting hit by one at 10' so I can only imagine in a closed quarters situation.

I would be more than happy to obtain one if you would be willing to be my test and you will clearly have to see it real time to understand it. I bet it would change even YOUR stubborn mind :smiles:

my 2nd choice would be The defender in a foam "flavor" that is also some NASTY stuff!!

RC