1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Best vehicle for UberSUV? Best payment method for private clients?

Discussion in 'Licensed' started by timothyj, Apr 17, 2016.

1. UberBlackDriverLA

UberBlackDriverLA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    The Navigator if far superior to the Suburban in every aspect. Much smoother and quieter ride. 460 ft. lbs of torque make them quick. 3 to 4 more inches of legroom in the 3rd row making it comfortable for adults. Flat floor board in the 2nd row (no drivetrain hump like the GMs). Power running boards make for easier boarding. And I left the best for last... you dont have to replace the transmission every 100k miles like you do with the Suburban. FYI, GM lowered the powertrain warranty on the Suburban from 100k to 60k miles because they cannot build a reliable ******.

I just paid $57,000 plus tax, title, license for a 2017 (2WD) with 100k bumber to bumber warranty.

Literally no comparison.

For Uber yes, but for privates, my clients love my upgraded fleet.

2. Mole

Mole Well-Known Member

Stack them in there. 4mpg and no power.

3. Just for fun Detroit

Just for fun Detroit Active Member

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    I bought a 2013 Navigator L about 6 months ago. $34,000 out the door with 52,000 miles and a warranty up to 100,000 miles. Best investment I have made. Never even put it on Uber.. only private clients only and they love it.

4. UberBlackPr1nce

UberBlackPr1nce Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I have a 2014 Yukon XL my private clients love my car as well. I put 155,000 miles on it. No transmission work yet, and I didn't even do a transmission flush on it ever. To each his own.

5. UberBlackDriverLA

Driving:
    Livery
    It's a 2014. The 2015+ are the issue. My clients loved the 2015 Suburbans as well... until I picked them up in one of our Navigators.

Adieu likes this.

6. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Cheap out option: fire marshall surplus expy ssv retrofit
    Semi-cheapout option: tahoe ppv retrofit

GMs : a must, since third row is 1+1
    Ford/Lincoln : mistake, 3rd row seats 3 adults comfortably so a walkway aisle is preferred...fairly easily fixed cause pulling the midrow middle seat reveals that captain chairs are otherwise identical to "bench" sides except for a folding armrest addition..... 1+1 / 1+1 / 3 layout is SERIOUSLY cavernous compared to a GM with 1+1/ 3 / 1+1 layout.

Pax also dig the legroom and ability to interact freely between rows, most groups end up sitting half-turned in midrow seats on long runs

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  7. Could someone explain how you work with "private clients?" I've seen that mentioned several times in this thread. I'm thinking about giving Uber another chance but this time either BLACK or SUV. I was looking into buying a vehicle like that anyway so my only sacrifice will be the color (and the extra commercial paperwork and such). If you don't want to hijack the thread, please PM me or point me to a more appropriate one.

8. emdeplam

emdeplam Well-Known Member

Swallowing a 50-70K pill in year 7 of economic expansion. You got balls of steel or brains of mush. Employment Maxed, Stock Market Maxed, Interest rates Mega Lows, Cheap gas.

Ask your self, am I buying a McMansion in 2006/7?

We have NEVER seen rideshare in a recession, but there are going to be hordes of new ants and hordes of desperate ants.

Best of luck

9. UberBlackDriverLA

Driving:
    Livery
    How are the transmissions doing on your Suburbans? How about the A/C's? Trim pieces?