Best SUV for Rideshare??

left_hook

This video very much related to OP and how he can get a good price on that new SUV.
There is actually independent, professionally made car reviews on every model mentioned here, I would place a lot more weight on that then any advice received from UP

Immoralized

but there is tons of independent reviews, they dont try to sell the car being reviewed
He wasn't reviewing a car in that video.

they all off a script provided by manufacturer. There is no independent car review from big channel.
Yes they all pander to the car makers for $$$ and ads.
That what a lot of people don't realize is that they are not reviewing things from the goodness of their heart.
They are all doing it for $$$.

D-River

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I drove a rental Santa Fe on holidays, very impressive comfortable ride, loved it but would be a crime to waste it on full time ridehsare
Would be a crime indeed!

I loved the passenger are and felt like I wanted to be the pax in the luxury!!
Post automatically merged:

doing uberPOOL

Ha
I do it as it takes a job from you, imbecile.
Post automatically merged:

He wasn't reviewing a car in that video.

Yes they all pander to the car makers for $$$ and ads.
That what a lot of people don't realize is that they are not reviewing things from the goodness of their heart.
They are all doing it for $$$.
Even CarSales?? 😳😳

Last edited:

Emil1959

I drove a rental Santa Fe on holidays, very impressive comfortable ride, loved it but would be a crime to waste it on full time ridehsare
Yes I agree Santa Fe is a great car but wasting on full time not so sure, if your leasing it with a balloon amount at four years you have a chance to get rid of it after four years but if you own it I would say maybe to much to spend , my limit would be 34000 max to own and try and limit it to 50000 km per year, at the moment I do about 1000km per week which is for three days work for Uber so I am in that range, my wife and I have two cars so we use our Mitsibishi exceed asx which I own for business in Uber and our Audi for personal use cheers

clmre

Would be a crime indeed!

I loved the passenger are and felt like I wanted to be the pax in the luxury!!
Maybe could work if you had a steady private clientele where wont get ripped off by uber's commission and be able to charge decent cash fares commensurate with the great service you provide

Boofhead

I was about to buy a Camry Atara non hybrid for $21k with 70k kms on it (leather seats) now reading all this I'm thinking SUV.

I've never entertained the idea of an ASX (maybe too small but seeing ex rentals with 60k kms for $16k) but Outlander be ok then I see an X-Trail?

Must have requirement is boot space.

And then I see a Cerato??? Lots of car for the coin?

Lots of advice above but if I said here, have $21k go buy a non hybrid car with a big boot for part time (20 hours pw) rideshare what would you go?

HomerPigeon

Yes I agree Santa Fe is a great car but wasting on full time
Agreed. Which is why I am seriously considering a near new one as my primary vehicle as both private and part-time ride-share (60/40 to ride-share). Can't afford to have 2 cars, one dedicated to ride share.

clmre

Agreed. Which is why I am seriously considering a near new one as my primary vehicle as both private and part-time ride-share (60/40 to ride-share). Can't afford to have 2 cars, one dedicated to ride share.
I drove a beautiful Santa Fe in Hungary leather everywhere, lots of space, one of the most comfortable cars i ever been in but seems suited more for private, family use, would never accept uber base fares in it

Royals

Agreed. Which is why I am seriously considering a near new one as my primary vehicle as both private and part-time ride-share (60/40 to ride-share).
Mate, all you need is, a couple of cheesy vomit throw ups, and you will drop it like it’s hot, that near new car idea of yours.

Just find some cheapest wreckage around 8years old to transport alive dead garbage cheaphole ZOMBIES!!

:eek:

HomerPigeon

Yep, as a matter a fact in a few weeks I'm going to rent a Kia Sorento for a couple weeks for comparison sake. Rental companies (at least the ones I've contacted) don't do diesel but it's more about the interior and design at this point.