Best place to drop bees off at the comic con thing?

Padraig

$20 venmo/paypal and I'll tell you my super secret squirrel spot. Zero traffic, in and out quick, short walk for the passengers, great beer.

AKA Mission Brewery by Petco Park. Right off the 5S.

Last edited:

DriverX

Drop'em at the Hyatt they can walk from there. or at 4th and K. and GTFOffline before you get requests from the convention.

Padraig

Now that's a good trick! Doesn't mess with the current trip? Figuring you turn it back on real quick to end trip, then back off.

DriverX

Now that's a good trick! Doesn't mess with the current trip? Figuring you turn it back on real quick to end trip, then back off.
Exactly,

data on > end trip > offline

You can lose data for a long time without losing the trip and your miles will be correct.

Master these techniques and you'll increase your availability for surges. If youre dropping off in an area giving you stacked rides it might be ripe to surge there, so you need to quickly look at the rider app and see how many cars are in the area. if none are there, skip those stacked requests and wait for the surge to hit 2x. More often than not I get surges this way but I also drive whne its busy so I hedge my bets; always hedge toward the averages.

Here's a really hot tip:

If you're on a short ride that you took becasue it was 2.4x but while you are picking up the 2.4x shorty, you see on the rider app that its still surging even more now. You know its a quick trip that you're on and an easy $9 so you pick'em up, drive a mile and end the trip. Now your available to accept another surged trip while you are still dropping off your current pax.

People like me doing that ^ is how Uber figured out ride stacking. or you could drive like a drone and grind around for $15 an hour.... like some of these zombies.

Padraig

I wish more of that applied to me because it's great advice. I drive SUV/Black so surging is rare, and most people won't pay for a trip above 1.5x unless it is extraordinary circumstances. Like post-4th of July fireworks rush, etc.

NCRBILL

I wish more of that applied to me because it's great advice. I drive SUV/Black so surging is rare, and most people won't pay for a trip above 1.5x unless it is extraordinary circumstances. Like post-4th of July fireworks rush, etc.
But your base fare is a lot more.

From my house to the airport:
SUV - $94
X - $25
XL - $38

All it takes is a couple good rides per day and net $300

Padraig

SUV - $94
X - $25
XL - $38

Oh yeah I'm not complaining. Just interesting how there is definitely a limited amount of SUV surging. Probably because people refuse to pay SUV price if it raises any more than 2x. Rate gets out of hand fast with higher multipliers.

Ubernic

SUV - $94
X - $25
XL - $38

Rides in general are tougher to come by, let alone good ones. I have had too many times taking people 1 or 2 blocks then nothing for an hour+.