Best place for uber vehicle inspection?

Hey guys, total newb here. Got approved by Uber a few months ago, still haven't taken my first trip. But yes, it's come to this and I'm going to have a go at it. I was wondering about the inspection and if anyone knows of places that do it cheaply and quickly. Is there anything I should know/do before going? I'm located in south Etobicoke.

Also, do I need to have the form with me printed or would these places have them?

Btw, I swear this forum is the only reason I haven't started driving yet.

Myxx

Hey guys, total newb here. Got approved by Uber a few months ago, still haven't taken my first trip. But yes, it's come to this and I'm going to have a go at it. I was wondering about the inspection and if anyone knows of places that do it cheaply and quickly. Is there anything I should know/do before going? I'm located in south Etobicoke.

Also, do I need to have the form with me printed or would these places have them?

Btw, I swear this forum is the only reason I haven't started driving yet.
Well, you obviously have not read the posts in this forum or you would have realized that Uber was offering free inspection @ Canadian Tire for the month of June.. Well, that ship has sailed, so what you need is a Province of Ontario Provincial safety inspection and certificate. This is the same inspection you do to certify a car when you sell it. Since the inspection standards became more stringent and comprehensive effective July 1st, be prepared to pay in excess of $100.00 plus any required repairs. DO NOT USE THE UBER INSPECTION FORM AS IT IS WORTHLESS!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, you obviously have not read the posts in this forum or you would have realized that Uber was offering free inspection @ Canadian Tire for the month of June.. Well, that ship has sailed, so what you need is a Province of Ontario Provincial safety inspection and certificate. This is the same inspection you do to certify a car when you sell it. Since the inspection standards became more stringent and comprehensive effective July 1st, be prepared to pay in excess of $100.00 plus any required repairs. DO NOT USE THE UBER INSPECTION FORM AS IT IS WORTHLESS!
Thank you for the quick reply. Ok, is there anything official from Uber regarding this? I go on their website and it just refers me to the form you mentioned as worthless. I also haven't received any email from them regarding a change. Admittedly, I haven't read the forum much in recent months as it was just a tad too depressing lol. I've never sold a car so I'm not sure how the process works.