Best phone for GPS navigation?

Inshur

Zubera

Hi guys,
Please help, I'm in need to buy a new phone to use it for navigation and need your advice. Which phones do you recommend for it? Which ones do you use? Are they reliable and accurate while driving in Manhattan or they are having the same accuracy issues? Are the GPS devices much more accurate in the city like Manhattan? Do you use them as a backup device? Also which cellphone navigation apps do you recommend most? I use Google Map on a Galaxy S4 and just downloaded Waze and Here but haven't tried them yet. Your feedbacks will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance!

sphincter

An iPhone 6s/7 would be ideal...or you can get a note 7. Lol

It's not just the phone GPS. Make sure you have good LTE signal (either Verizon or T-Mobile is fine)

OC Lady Uber Driver

Both Google Maps and WAZE work well, but have their limitations. Google Maps confusing interchanges and WAZE doesn't provide any best lane suggestions which can create havoc during your trip. So knowing this, I'll use Google maps for local trips and WAZE for longer ones. Also, you should know tall buildings can block cell signals, so get used to that - a known hazard of GPS. I have a Samsung J7 from Virgin Mobile/sold at Best Buy. Also, you'll need at least a 5gig data plan.

staytune

check it out on the website and learn more before you invest big money on apple, the only draw back is the camera is not as good as apple 7. I use simple mobil and $60 unlimited data. simple mobile is using T-mobil network. I use to have 4G data but one time I found out I was in Jersey somewhere and the GPS is not working because I am out of data usuage.

Zubera

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It has both, I have the T-Mobile 6gb data plan on it
I have a Nexus 7 tablet (2013 model) which only has WiFi but I can tether data from my cellphone (Samsung Galaxy S4) if that works. I also have T-Mobile and I can just add more data if necessary.
Asus Zenfone 2 or newer (about $300)
I was thinking to buy a Moto G Plus 4th gen which is about $250-300 and has a large screen and plain software, similar to Nexus devices.
check it out on the website and learn more before you invest big money on apple, the only draw back is the camera is not as good as apple 7. I use simple mobil and $60 unlimited data. simple mobile is using T-mobil network. I use to have 4G data but one time I found out I was in Jersey somewhere and the GPS is not working because I am out of data usuage.
I have never been Apple's fan. I like Android phones better but new Android phones are as expensive as iPhones now. I just need less expensive new phone for my work and I think Moto has some good ones.
You can download offline maps of some areas in Google Map and use it whenever you don't have a data coverage. Also have some alternative offline maps like "HERE WeGo - City Navigation" and "MapFactor GPS Navigation Maps" but I think Google Map is the best and most accurate. Just make sure you have downloaded and stored its offline maps in your phone or tablet.

sphincter

I have a Nexus 7 tablet (2013 model) which only has WiFi but I can tether data from my cellphone (Samsung Galaxy S4) if that works. I also have T-Mobile and I can just add more data if necessary.

I was thinking to buy a Moto G Plus 4th gen which is about $250-300 and has a large screen and plain software, similar to Nexus devices.

I have never been Apple's fan. I like Android phones better but new Android phones are as expensive as iPhones now. I just need less expensive new phone for my work and I think Moto has some good ones.
You can download offline maps of some areas in Google Map and use it whenever you don't have a data coverage. Also have some alternative offline maps like "HERE WeGo - City Navigation" and "MapFactor GPS Navigation Maps" but I think Google Map is the best and most accurate. Just make sure you have downloaded and stored its offline maps in your phone or tablet.
Since you are using Tmobile, grab anything supports band 12 (700mhz). Just my 2 cents,

Last edited: