Besides Uber & Lyft...What other driving related jobs are out there?

Rah

Just wondering if you guys or gals are working other driving related jobs? If so, what are they and what's the pay and hours like?

Thanks

Danny3xd

pays less, but can subcontract with courior companies. Just google local companies. Same deal, subcontractor, etc.

Disgruntled

It depends on how much time you want to put into it. For full time you could hook up with a cab company. When I saw how pathetically bad Uber and Lyft are I looked into the local yellow cab company who happened to be looking for someone at the time. Their deal was you paid them $400 (but I can't remember if that was per week or month) and you kept all of what you made. Not a bad deal if I wanted to go full time but I don't. I would say trucker but there was a thread recently that didn't paint a rosy picture for that either but it still might be worth a look. Maybe a full blown limo service if you can qualify?

I worked at Pizza Hut as a delivery driver, made $4.25 + mile reimbursement + tips. It was alright but I think I made more money with rideshare. I'm also thinking about putting up on ad on Craigslist saying I will drive people to the airport at a lower rate than rideshare or for a flat fee.

Last edited:

Danny3xd

Cool SimplyOO. Interesting thought about the airport thing.

Pizza delivery is my go-to thing when in need of cash.

Never, ever work for large chains. They just don't pay well. Lil' privetly owned places pay $7 or so an hour +tips.

The trick here is lunch rush during the week. Normally 11-2 PM. Really does end up being $20 to 30 an hour. But can be stressful. "Why'd it take you 8 minutes when my 1997, un updated software says you should have been back twice by now!?"

It's not even worth it to do airport pickups for less than ride-share & have dead-mileage for 1/2 the trip. Rideshare means always driving with a psying passenger in the car to turn a profit. You also open yourself to big penalties if caught or in an accident. Losing insurance & hiked rates in the future also.

How the heck can they be paying $4.25 at pizza places?!

Trucks, Buses, UPS, Fedex, Airport & airport car rental shuttles are other options. The Airport shuttle drivers probably make just as much in tips as can drivers or more.

tohunt4me

Just wondering if you guys or gals are working other driving related jobs? If so, what are they and what's the pay and hours like?

Thanks
Automation will take ALL of them.
Forget boats,planes,trains ,trucks,& ships too.
Also forget warehouse,forklift & order picking also.
Forget farming and driving tractors,sprayers,Ditch cutters etc.
Learn how to clean toilets

Attachments

Last edited:

TWO2SEVEN

Cool. I was reading about that. But let me ask you this. Does it make a difference if you do both or one or the other? They pay pretty similar, right?
I have been making more with Door Dash and it allows me to do it earlier in the night and on week nights (slower times for Uber in my area).