• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Below Minimum Wage

ebean617

I've driven for Uber in both Boston and now in San Diego. Lately the airport queue at all times of the day is over 80. On Friday night it was over 170! After expenses and taxes are taken out I have been making approximately $5/hour. I never see a surge. Even as late as 1:30 am last Friday/Saturday. Is anyone making decent money? Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I used to make 3x - 5x more.

UberEsq

I've driven for Uber in both Boston and now in San Diego. Lately the airport queue at all times of the day is over 80. On Friday night it was over 170! After expenses and taxes are taken out I have been making approximately $5/hour. I never see a surge. Even as late as 1:30 am last Friday/Saturday. Is anyone making decent money? Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I used to make 3x - 5x more.
Welcome to San Diego, driver.

2Peaks

50 is about right. Time to eat a snack and stretch.

Was down there Monday. First time I ever noticed the FIFO zone on my map app ....

Attachments

Last edited:

Xlady

Look around there are so many drivers everywhere . Uber even calls it like it is in their adds " Get your side hustle on "... so many people are doing just that here to make ends meet or have extra vaca money .I have talked to a few drivers that plan to sign up for additional income after work .I told them wait for summer it maybe worth it then.

Escoman

50 is about right. Time to eat a snack and stretch.

Was down there Monday. First time I ever noticed the FIFO zone on my map app ....
Used to be it had a timer would tell you how many minutes the expected wait was I liked it better if it said over 10 minutes would go elsewhere with a number it is hard to judge how long it will be,

Oscar Levant

It's slow this time a year. Picks up around March. Uber biz in SD rises and falls with hotels being booked solid, and that has a lot to do with conventions, so biz follows the convention season, which is March - November. Even if you work North Park or PB, it's still affected, because when downtown rocks (owing to convention full), airport rocks, people shift away from PB and North Park and work downtown, leaving more biz to PB and North Park drivers who dont' want to work downtown, or the airport. When its slow, more drivers hug the airport, cause it's something ( if you gonna a wait for a trip, might as wait for one at the airport, which is more likely to go long. I had three long ones today from the port, that's rare in the city ). The thing I really hate about the airport, like now, its slow, and you wait about an hour for a trip, and you are in a queue, so if you turn down two non-airport rides in a row, you're taken off line ( and thus put at the end of the line when you go back on line). So, you can turn down one, but the next one, no matter where it is, you have to take it. how many times have I turned down a run on Canon drive, only to have the second on on Truxten rd ( little old lady at Vons/liberty station, bless her heart ) going, not local like you'd hope ( since you'd go to the front of the line if it's within the zone ) but accross rosecrans, outside of the zone line, and you're back to the end of the line, waitng over an hour for a 4 buck ride. You can take it and cancel, but don't rack up too many cancels, you can get deactivated.

I live in north county, so sometimes I work San Marcos, which is pretty good, however, at the end of the day, traffic really sucks, so I just go to the port most of the time.

Last edited:

Oscar Levant

Used to be it had a timer would tell you how many minutes the expected wait was I liked it better if it said over 10 minutes would go elsewhere with a number it is hard to judge how long it will be,
there's a timer on pool rides, 2 minutes, that's nice.

Escoman

It's slow this time a year. Picks up around March. Uber biz in SD rises and falls with hotels being booked solid, and that has a lot to do with conventions, so biz follows the convention season, which is March - November. Even if you work North Park or PB, it's still affected, because when downtown rocks (owing to convention full), airport rocks, people shift away from PB and North Park and work downtown, leaving more biz to PB and North Park drivers who dont' want to work downtown, or the airport. When its slow, more drivers hug the airport, cause it's something ( if you gonna a wait for a trip, might as wait for one at the airport, which is more likely to go long. I had three long ones today from the port, that's rare in the city ). The thing I really hate about the airport, like now, its slow, and you wait about an hour for a trip, and you are in a queue, so if you turn down two non-airport rides in a row, you're taken off line ( and thus put at the end of the line when you go back on line). So, you can turn down one, but the next one, no matter where it is, you have to take it. how many times have I turned down a run on Canon drive, only to have the second on on Truxten rd ( little old lady at Vons/liberty station, bless her heart ) going, not local like you'd hope ( since you'd go to the front of the line if it's within the zone ) but accross rosecrans, outside of the zone line, and you're back to the end of the line, waitng over an hour for a 4 buck ride. You can take it and cancel, but don't rack up too many cancels, you can get deactivated.

I live in north county, so sometimes I work San Marcos, which is pretty good, however, at the end of the day, traffic really sucks, so I just go to the port most of the time.

johncarlsbad

Anyone doing 25 rides on uber for $50 bonus this weekend?
I'm not going for the bonus, they have got to be kidding. They cut it down to the rides have to be done in 20 hrs, and three of those hours are between midnight and 3 am Monday morning? In this driver flooded market it would be very difficult to get 25 rides in 20 hours and there is no way in hell in going to drive midnight to 3am, so it's really only 17 hours to get 25 rides? Those 25 rides are mostly going to be Pool crap. No way, I'm sitting this one out.

LuisEnrikee

This past week uber has been completely saturated . I've been chilling , working on other things . I'd rather work a little longer today and tomorrow and make decent cash (if any ) instead of sitting in my car 5 hours straight for 30$ net.