• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Being woken up by driver's poor taste in music

AveragePerson

Like everyone, after a long day, you just want to wind down, relax and catch some shut eyes. Doing so during fairly long uber rides allows me to get some rest but it's sometimes difficult to get some good quality sleep when in the middle of your nap, the driver starts playing some cursing rapping 'music'.

Is it fair to ask the driver to turn off the music while you nap until you reach destination? To avoid this, maybe I should request to put on some relaxing sleeping music or white noise next time so driver wont have chance to play some poor taste music...

tohunt4me

Like everyone, after a long day, you just want to wind down, relax and catch some shut eyes. Doing so during fairly long uber rides allows me to get some rest but it's sometimes difficult to get some good quality sleep when in the middle of your nap, the driver starts playing some cursing rapping 'music'.

Is it fair to ask the driver to turn off the music while you nap until you reach destination? To avoid this, maybe I should request to put on some relaxing sleeping music or white noise next time so driver wont have chance to play some poor taste music...
Bribes work well.

Try them.

When you are in someone elses car.

Ssgcraig

I wouldn't play anything loud if I noticed you were sleeping or on the phone.

njn

It's law that the pax has control over the radio in NYC. Everywhere else driver's choice.

bonum exactoris

I think people tend to forget. That they are one time recipients of a ride. In someone else's property.
Ask me nice or pay me a 10. But don't you bloody DARE TELL me what to do with the crap I pay for.
This is an example of the new service industry mentality towards paying customers.
Disposable nonemployees who blame all their problems, their low skill low pay, on uber and uber’s client passengers. Forever landing them behind the “wheel Of shame”.

👉🤣😂Let the predictable personal attacks commence 🤣😂👈

Last edited:

bonum exactoris

Idk if this is off the subject, but I get annoyed when the passenger doesn't use earbuds, either watching something or playing music...getting back on the subject, it sounds intentional, and how low the pay has become, it's only gonna get worse (service).
U have a criminally low threshold of Tolerance
How do u react when a passenger vomits 🤮?

AveragePerson

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Driver put on music so he doesn't fall asleep then crash the car.

Did op think about that?
He shouldn't be driving then and music is rarely a sleep suppressant. Biting your lip, drinking water, and actively thinking about something works much better in making the driver alert and supress sleeping urges.

Boca Ratman

I'm not a God damn bed and breakfast. Your job is to entertain me while I drive you to your location. If you cannot do this to my satisfaction, I am left to my own devices to entertain myself and I will.

deal with it.

Another Uber Driver

OMG, I would not live in that state. Really, the state controls your radio? Communism.
" NANNY STATE " NEW YORK
In the District of Columbia, in a taxicab, the driver must secure the passengers consent to "play any radio other than the one used for communications with his dispatcher". The regulators and adjudicators always have interpreted that as a requirement that the driver secure the passenger's active consent. A lack of objection has never been considered sufficient.........and yes, drivers have had to face the complaint process due to a passenger's complaining to the Regulatory Authority about a radio but never objected while in the cab.

This does not, however, apply to TNC drivers Y-E-T; not in the District of Columbia, at least..............

AveragePerson

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not a God damn bed and breakfast. Your job is to entertain me while I drive you to your location. If you cannot do this to my satisfaction, I am left to my own devices to entertain myself and I will.

deal with it.
You seem pleasant. When your rude and hostile like that, don't be surprise at all when people deal with it by getting you reported and deactivated.