• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Being out ridesharing late at night is one of the “rules of stupid”

Tr4vis Ka1anick

The Rules of Stupid state that you should never (1) go to Stupid places, (2) with Stupid people, (3) at Stupid times, and (4) do Stupid things. You can usually get away with breaking one of the Rules of Stupid, but two or more really increase the odds of bad things happening.

So being an Uber driver is basically a stupid idea?

Rakos

The Rules of Stupid state that you should never (1) go to Stupid places, (2) with Stupid people, (3) at Stupid times, and (4) do Stupid things. You can usually get away with breaking one of the Rules of Stupid, but two or more really increase the odds of bad things happening.

So being an Uber driver is basically a stupid idea?
Well... In a word YES...8>)

It's kinda like Mr. Trump...

When he gives away political capital...

Without concern...

of it's cost or damage to anyone else...8>O

Rakos
dd3db73eee3590ea0aa36caa33536e0b--funny-sports-pictures-hockey-pictures.jpg

JTTwentySeven

So everyone that works after midnight is stupid. That is a stupid thing to say. People get robbed during the day and early evening. Still was a good video. It makes you think. You could back up or crush the guy as he tries to exit his car. I keep a wallet with fake money in it.
May be stupid, but the surge is oh so sweet.
I take all my money out except $10.00 cash and my lowest credit card for emergencies if I'm driving late.

Uber Crack

Author
Being out ridesharing late at night is one of the rules of CLEVER. :biggrin:

1. Less traffic
2. More likely surges
3. It's dark so riders can't see you're one ugly @@@@.
4. Your car doesn't have to be as clean
5. Much less chance of errandy/ stressed people.
6. You learn all the good party spots and hear first hand how concerts/games went etc.
7. You're keeping drunks off the road
8. It's cooler in summer - less sweaty pax especially sweaty gym pax
9. Drunk pax don't notice if you speed
10. You don't have to listen to snoring at home.
:cool:

RoWode12

1. Less traffic
2. More likely surges
6. You learn all the good party spots and hear first hand how concerts/games went etc.
All this.

I love working nights. When the sun comes up, I go home.

I love having minimal: traffic, competition, stress, gas usage, needy pax. People aren’t going to 1-Star you at 3am because they’re late for work. Pax are more “fun” at night. There are way more deep, philosophical conversations too.

hanging in there

All this.

I love working nights. When the sun comes up, I go home.

I love having minimal: traffic, competition, stress, gas usage, needy pax. People aren’t going to 1-Star you at 3am because they’re late for work. Pax are more “fun” at night. There are way more deep, philosophical conversations too.
Do any of these deep conversations involve bigfoot, Area 51 or shadow people?

Christinebitg

Yeah, especially that number 10. I may have to start driving more at night.

Anyhow, my Significant Other is going on vacation in a week. I've been planning to try it out more then.

Also see a comment of mine in another thread where I said I love driving for gay men. Fortunately, we live close to that neighborhood.

Christine

BikingBob

1. Less traffic
2. More likely surges
Yeah, I echo this - especially 7.

Patrick R Oboyle

So everyone that works after midnight is stupid. That is a stupid thing to say. People get robbed during the day and early evening. Still was a good video. It makes you think. You could back up or crush the guy as he tries to exit his car. I keep a wallet with fake money in it.

That is a really good idea. Im going to start doing that. 20 bucks.. Theyll be happy and i get away with my life.

Better yet.. 20 dollars FAKE money. Theyll be in too much of a hurry to stop and check to see if its legit or movie/prop money :biggrin:

Maybe i could give out fake money to homeless people that also run up to my window begging? Or is that a little to mean?