Behavior modification therapy, via a company that has its share of bad habits

VaVaUber

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...366104/uber-driver-rider-feedback-rating-pool
Screenshot_20170926-220420_1.jpg

Strange Fruit

The irony, of course, is that Uber is announcing this new feature at a time when its own reputation has suffered from series of damaging, self-inflicted controversies and scandals.

There's no irony. Drivers rating and advsing riders has nothing to do with the company's issues. It isn't the Uber personnel who affected that reputation that are rating riders. People who write articles should have superior critical thinking to the general public who often make this mistaken equivocation between the drivers and the company. :mad:

Strange Fruit

I want to opt out. It only takes a few seconds to tap a star and swipe, but it's still a hassle I could do without, especially when a ping comes in and I accidentally accept ir while trying to swipe stars and go offline, while in the middle of the street needing to drive away. Every little "improvement" is like a printed statement of "no, we still didn't raise the pay or stop recruiting new drivers. And no you are not getting yr pre Sept2014 status reinstated".

What bother me, is why only on pool?
It should apply to X and the rest.
By the way, there's so many tags missing.
Tags for what? To help u feel better cuz u got to judge someone with a button?

VaVaUber

I want to opt out. It only takes a few seconds to tap a star and swipe, but it's still a hassle I could do without, especially when a ping comes in and I accidentally accept ir while trying to swipe stars and go offline, while in the middle of the street needing to drive away. Every little "improvement" is like a printed statement of "no, we still didn't raise the pay or stop recruiting new drivers. And no you are not getting yr pre Sept2014 status reinstated".

Tags for what? To help u feel better cuz u got to judge someone with a button?
At least, isn't what riders been doing to us for a long long time?
Payback (when/if they deserve it)

Strange Fruit

Wuth the way yr avg person equates Uber with drivers, and so of course drivers with all other drivers, a rider finding put some drivers are @@@@@ing about their attitude will cause many of them to be resentful toward future drivers. Just like some of the cretinous drivers here do, when they hate all pax just cuz some humans are unpleasant. It's not like they'll get an attitude report and think "gee, I do have an attitude. I should go out and approach the world differently now. I'll turn it around today becuz the Uber drivers showed me the light."

At least, isn't what riders been doing to us for a long long time?
Payback (when/if they deserve it)
Payback is a monkey game. I rarely ever get the same rider twice, so who am I paying back for what?

VaVaUber

Wuth the way yr avg person equates Uber with drivers, and so of course drivers with all other drivers, a rider finding put some drivers are *****ing about their attitude will cause many of them to be resentful toward future drivers. Just like some of the cretinous drivers here do, when they hate all pax just cuz some humans are unpleasant. It's not like they'll get an attitude report and think "gee, I do have an attitude. I should go out and approach the world differently now. I'll turn it around today becuz the Uber drivers showed me the light."

Payback is a monkey game. I rarely ever get the same rider twice, so who am I paying back for what?
like you said "it would make us feel better" (for a moment), the next pax would at least be greeted with a happy not forced grin. Before we had our hands tide.
Like I said: "when/if they deserve it"
Hate the game, not the player..playa

tohunt4me

Humming " Shock the Monkey"- Peter Gabriel

Wuth the way yr avg person equates Uber with drivers, and so of course drivers with all other drivers, a rider finding put some drivers are *****ing about their attitude will cause many of them to be resentful toward future drivers. Just like some of the cretinous drivers here do, when they hate all pax just cuz some humans are unpleasant. It's not like they'll get an attitude report and think "gee, I do have an attitude. I should go out and approach the world differently now. I'll turn it around today becuz the Uber drivers showed me the light."

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-27-15-55-52.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-27-15-55-52.png
    90.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_2017-09-27-15-56-24.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-27-15-56-24.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_2017-09-27-15-56-56.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-27-15-56-56.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_2017-09-27-15-59-49.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-27-15-59-49.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 21

Blue Poodle

It used to be I had to verbally tell them they sucked and why. Now all I have to do is click a button. This is a game changer.

Wait, this is pool only? So like I rate someone low and then say I hated their attitude in front of another pax? Hmm... guess I'll be pulling my phone off my mount at each drop off.

CrashiusClay

The funny thing is that, from an HR standpoint, evaluating an individual based on "attitude" is discriminatory.

"Behavior" is the key word.

In my personal opinion, an individual that wants to sit in a vehicle with others entering and departing for up to two hours is just shitey.

Where is the "shitey" button?

Sadly, I do not have access to these buttons.

VaVaUber

The funny thing is that, from an HR standpoint, evaluating an individual based on "attitude" is discriminatory.

"Behavior" is the key word.

In my personal opinion, an individual that wants to sit in a vehicle with others entering and departing for up to two hours is just shitey.

Where is the "shitey" button?

Sadly, I do not have access to these buttons.
Funny you mention it.
I had a pax today saying something similar, that he doesn't feel comfortable riding a pool with 2+ additional people, and it's even more comfortable when either a second only person is boarding with him in the back or himself riding shotgun and second in the back.

tohunt4me

Funny you mention it.
I had a pax today saying something similar, that he doesn't feel comfortable riding a pool with 2+ additional people, and it's even more comfortable when either a second only person is boarding with him in the back or himself riding shotgun and second in the back.
If they get Pool in my city
I will get 16 passenger bus.
With wheelchair lift !
And try to fill it up.
And inform Everyone with wheelchairs in area that they should take Pool !

They will get what they pay for.