Beginning of the end

Stevie The magic Unicorn

Well.. here's the problem with that theory.

You need to look at the overlap between Tesla cars and People who are willing to rent their cars out and get used heroine needles, crack pipes and cig burns in their cars, as well as scratched trunks ect.

I don't think that's a very big overlap...

I mean.. just saying.

On top of that we all know how a relativly short fare can end up taking 8 times as long as destinations are added,

Tesla owners arn't the types to risk not being able to use their car when they need to just to make a quick buck.

Juggalo9er

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well.. here's the problem with that theory.

You need to look at the overlap between Tesla cars and People who are willing to rent their cars out and get used heroine needles, crack pipes and cig burns in their cars, as well as scratched trunks ect.

I don't think that's a very big overlap...

I mean.. just saying.

On top of that we all know how a relativly short fare can end up taking 8 times as long as destinations are added,

Tesla owners arn't the types to risk not being able to use their car when they need to just to make a quick buck.
The technology exists

mbd

Model 3 selling good, but s and x sales plunged
TSLA not making $$ building cars, so good luck on rideshare

Lee239

If what you say is true I love it.
Post automatically merged:

Model 3 selling good, but s and x sales plunged
TSLA not making $$ building cars, so good luck on rideshare
They won't be making money off of rideshare, they are telling owners that they can make money while their cars are not being used.

Last edited:

itsablackmarket

Autonomous cars suck in something called "unique situations". Well guess what? this whole life is a unique situation.
Post automatically merged:

I mean, they force us into 18 years of school to teach us how to survive in the world or whatever, how are they going to teach a robot how to navigate in the face of unlimited possibilities? It's just so grossly illogical to even assume it's remotely attainable.

Last edited:

kdyrpr

A driverless car will be trashed within a week. I predict that they will NEVER be a threat to traditional rideshare. Consider this. What makes them cheaper than what is out there? They would have to pay for the vehicles, maintenance (a lot), fuel, storage.....HOW is that cheaper than putting the entire expense on drivers??

goneubering

A driverless car will be trashed within a week. I predict that they will NEVER be a threat to traditional rideshare. Consider this. What makes them cheaper than what is out there? They would have to pay for the vehicles, maintenance (a lot), fuel, storage.....HOW is that cheaper than putting the entire expense on drivers??
I think you're right. I see SDCs only being workable some niche markets within restricted areas. I don’t see them taking over transportation in LA or other big congested cities.

The Gift of Fish

Goodbye Uber, goodbye Lyft
This will be extremely successful, if Tesa can stop their cars on Autopilot from crashing into bridges/barriers/etc and killing the occupants.

For example, there’s a small camera above the rear view mirror of Teslas meant to eventually give users a way to watch what happens inside their car when they are not in it.

It’s “there for when we start competing with Uber/Lyft & people allow their car to earn money for them as part of the Tesla shared autonomy fleet. In case someone messes up your car, you can check the video,” Musk Tweeted Thursday.

Great, he's invented the dashcam! I do like Elon Musk, though. He's a great showman.

Last edited: