"Begin driving towards the UberX pickup area" at DCA

SOLA-RAH

Easy on an iPhone, just hold down on the vowel of your choice: āēīōū

Got another one of these “Begin driving...” at DCA today. Only one “No Thanks” this time and then immediately got an actual ping.

SOLA-RAH

I’d avoid that whole block until this place gets scrubbed down:

New2This

I’d avoid that whole block until this place gets scrubbed down:
That means the entire Reagan Airport Pig Pen lot should be quarantined.

Prius_McGilli

I did some research at Reagan recently. I kept getting the mystery pings when I was I'm assuming they're shit pings passed around like a drunk sorority girl at Cowboys training camp.
Accidentally accepted a mystery ride tonight.

View attachment 411769

DAMNIT DARA
I took a couple of these mystery pings last night while DCA was surging and driver supply was low (probably a lot of people coming back into town from a long weekend). More for my own edification than anything else. I was going to test the theory about these “mystery” pings being “undesirable” pings.

One of the trips went to District Heights. The other went to a location about a mile from FedEx Field.

I have a hard time thinking that this was merely a coincidence.

I didn’t try again to see if the third time would be the proverbial charm.

Last edited:

Prius_McGilli

Those can both be decently Longhauled with the construction/accident/dead horse spiel.

Reagan to Bowie by way of MGM is also doable.
For sure, although both of the rides were locals and were the type that wouldn’t be most amenable to deviating from the route that they knew.

The “undesirability” of these rides would come from the drop-off location, particularly on a slow (apart from the airport) Monday night.

I would imagine that Uber is aware of this to some degree, which is why they were advertised to me while not being in the queue.