Been trying to sign up as a driver for weeks.

Robotmenace

This has been the most unprofessional experience I've been through in regards to potential employment. I've gone beyond frustration at this point.
I've been trying to sign up to be a driver for UberEats for about a month now. I currently work part time, and could use the extra cash. Plus it sounded like fun, and would be easy to manage if I end up heading back to school soon. So everything got approved pretty quickly with the exception of my vehicle insurance. I've been doing loops and circles trying to get it approved, and the lack of a proper support channel combined with a different response every attempt has made this a complete nightmare.

So, my insurance is basic liability. Due to that, it doesn't specify any sort of information relating to my vehicle on the insurance card. So the first turn in attempt said something about the picture being unclear and missing information like my name. I thought the picture looked perfectly legible, but whatever. Took it again and uploaded. This began a series of repeat attempts until the reason I got for rejection finally specified that it was missing information relating to my vehicle. So I did some looking around, and found a support article saying that I needed to upload supporting documents at the same time as my insurance. I could not find that option anywhere on the site or in the app. I tried for an entire evening to figure out how I might upload additional documents with my insurance.
Finally I came across the "I am having trouble uploading my documents" page. I used that to upload my insurance and registration, and explain the situation. My first response was this:

"The Vehicle Insurance could not be approved. The document is missing important information which means that we are unable to verify it (company logo, signature etc.)."

Well all the information was blatantly there, including my insurance company and representative. So I reuploaded them with a little more of an explanation. The next response was a bit more considerate, at least. To summarize, the document was rejected because you all four corners of the document were not visible (I'd been taking pictures with my phone up until now).

Feeling like this was completely ridiculous, I went to a family member's house who had a document scanner, and scanned my insurance, title and registration. I submitted all three of these documents via the "trouble uploading" page, and once again explained my situation. The response I got this time was as follows:

"Please merge your vehicle insurance and your vehicle registration. This will ensure that all the needed information is visible in one document. Once you've reached these two documents, you can then upload it so that it will be reviewed by our team."

Thinking I was finally getting somewhere, I did exactly that. I combined the entirety of my insurance paper and registration into a single image file, and uploaded it through the standard channel. It was once again rejected for supposedly missing important vehicle information. No specification beyond that. So, back to the trouble page I go! I uploaded my combined insurance and registration, as well as my title, and explained that I did EXACTLY as I was told to do by whatever support team member, and it was still rejected, and I have no idea what to do beyond this point. My response from the support team was this:

"Unfortunately, the document that you’ve uploaded has not been approved.
Vehicle Insurance (Missing vehicle information)"

NOTHING more than that. Completely ignores my explanation of the situation and request for help. Not only that, but I I had included every document that would even remotely relate to my vehicle and my legal status as operator. I get the feeling that if I were capable of opening a consistent line of communication with a support member, I might be able to get this sorted out, but I don't live in one of the select big cities that currently have phone support. I don't know what to do at this point. I'm tired of being lead around in circles.

UberLyftFlexWhatever

This has been the most unprofessional experience I've been through in regards to potential employment. I've gone beyond frustration at this point.
I've been trying to sign up to be a driver for UberEats for about a month now. I currently work part time, and could use the extra cash. Plus it sounded like fun, and would be easy to manage if I end up heading back to school soon. So everything got approved pretty quickly with the exception of my vehicle insurance. I've been doing loops and circles trying to get it approved, and the lack of a proper support channel combined with a different response every attempt has made this a complete nightmare.

So, my insurance is basic liability. Due to that, it doesn't specify any sort of information relating to my vehicle on the insurance card. So the first turn in attempt said something about the picture being unclear and missing information like my name. I thought the picture looked perfectly legible, but whatever. Took it again and uploaded. This began a series of repeat attempts until the reason I got for rejection finally specified that it was missing information relating to my vehicle. So I did some looking around, and found a support article saying that I needed to upload supporting documents at the same time as my insurance. I could not find that option anywhere on the site or in the app. I tried for an entire evening to figure out how I might upload additional documents with my insurance.
Finally I came across the "I am having trouble uploading my documents" page. I used that to upload my insurance and registration, and explain the situation. My first response was this:

"The Vehicle Insurance could not be approved. The document is missing important information which means that we are unable to verify it (company logo, signature etc.)."

Well all the information was blatantly there, including my insurance company and representative. So I reuploaded them with a little more of an explanation. The next response was a bit more considerate, at least. To summarize, the document was rejected because you all four corners of the document were not visible (I'd been taking pictures with my phone up until now).

Feeling like this was completely ridiculous, I went to a family member's house who had a document scanner, and scanned my insurance, title and registration. I submitted all three of these documents via the "trouble uploading" page, and once again explained my situation. The response I got this time was as follows:

"Please merge your vehicle insurance and your vehicle registration. This will ensure that all the needed information is visible in one document. Once you've reached these two documents, you can then upload it so that it will be reviewed by our team."

Thinking I was finally getting somewhere, I did exactly that. I combined the entirety of my insurance paper and registration into a single image file, and uploaded it through the standard channel. It was once again rejected for supposedly missing important vehicle information. No specification beyond that. So, back to the trouble page I go! I uploaded my combined insurance and registration, as well as my title, and explained that I did EXACTLY as I was told to do by whatever support team member, and it was still rejected, and I have no idea what to do beyond this point. My response from the support team was this:

"Unfortunately, the document that you’ve uploaded has not been approved.
Vehicle Insurance (Missing vehicle information)"

NOTHING more than that. Completely ignores my explanation of the situation and request for help. Not only that, but I I had included every document that would even remotely relate to my vehicle and my legal status as operator. I get the feeling that if I were capable of opening a consistent line of communication with a support member, I might be able to get this sorted out, but I don't live in one of the select big cities that currently have phone support. I don't know what to do at this point. I'm tired of being lead around in circles.

TL : DR

uber’s system can’t even handle the Flood of newbies signing up Everyday.
Seriously, U guys wonder why you’re a disposable non employee?

Nats121

and could use the extra cash.

Bad pay rates + woeful lack of tipping = very little extra cash
I've been trying to sign up to be a driver for UberEats for about a month now. I currently work part time, and could use the extra cash. Plus it sounded like fun
Let's see if you still think it's fun after dealing with traffic and parking issues, being kept waiting at restaurants, and carrying customer food up multiple flights of stairs for no tip.

Robotmenace

Go with your documents and talk to someone, in person, at your local Uber Greenlight Hub.

Let's see if you still think it's fun after dealing with traffic and parking issues, being kept waiting at restaurants, and carrying customer food up multiple flights of stairs for no tip.
I live in a relatively small town, UberEats is only just showing up at the local fast food restaurants. I'm not worried about traffic, I can get from one end of town to the other in 15 minutes. Also, the nearest Uber Greenlight Hub is like three and a half hours away.

911 Guy

You may not be approved with Basic Liability only. Uber's insurance carrier in your area isn't going to want the risk of an accident where you are at fault and on the platform.

Kodyhead

Why did you have to ruin the surprise lol

Zap

Do what so many do when interacting with uber driver support...