• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Been thinking about this hate to do it...........

VegasRickster

terminal 1 airport rides from the strip being only 4-5-6 bucks are not worth it anymore for me have never really asked pax where they are going before or called to ask where they are going just showed up started the trip follow the nav and do the deed but terminal 1 departures is beyond belief and the risk factor of something horribly wrong happening goes up 6,000,000 % when you enter the zone Danger Will Danger Will the risk is not worth it anymore for me just sitting there today thinking about it and stupid I am for taking such a risk for a $5 bill wow.......will just cancel the ride when I find it's a terminal 1 trip if its obvious they airport bound when I pull up and ask....hate to go this route but terminal 1 and the lousy $5 bill...just food for thought

llort

I received what I consider to be an inappropriate PM from SibeRescueBrian on April 8, 2017.
Because of that PM, this comment is currently under edit.
The owner of uberpeople.net should be aware of this over-reach from SibeRescueBrian,
as this edit of my content contribution is the direct result of the PM I recieved.
Check back soon for edit updates while this content is updated.

Last edited:

Tommy153

I think yours is the easy way out. I suggest saying with a smile BEFORE LOADING that a minimum $5 tip is expected because airport trips are risky and do not pay enough. Explain that $5 includes loading and unloading, and unlimited jokes, inside scoops on the worst rides, phone charging, music, advice, prayers and hugs.
5 trips into the airport today = $26 in tips.
That's how you do it. Be brave, it works.
Uber will eventually learn that screwing drivers results in poor service.
Airlines charge for bags....why shouldn't uber drivers.....charge $3 PER BAG, that includes loading and unloading. Loading and unloading is not part of the fare so it should be charged. Uber says give free bottles of water lol where in town can u get free bottles of water? Charge at least $2 per bottle. With the low fates and no tips you should charge for everything just like the airlines and strip hotels. There's nothing free. We are just trying to make decent money and uber is stopping that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lvcab9404

Quit crying already, bunch of cry babies, you guys knew this in advance, no tip need it, you guys are cheeeeeaaaaapppp. Get it, cheap, continue messing up your cars for .90 cents per mile, I will continue charging 2.76 per mile and I don't worry about the taxi, it's not mine anyway, please stop crying, just do what you're told by master Travis, lmao.

UberDude2

Quit crying already, bunch of cry babies, you guys knew this in advance, no tip need it, you guys are cheeeeeaaaaapppp. Get it, cheap, continue messing up your cars for .90 cents per mile, I will continue charging 2.76 per mile and I don't worry about the taxi, it's not mine anyway, please stop crying, just do what you're told by master Travis, lmao.
You're right. Rates are so cheap you'll be out of a job soon enough. You should spend more time applying for jobs online instead of wasting your time here on a message board for rideshare drivers.
Better yet I found you a taxi cab forum you could post at and maybe someone will actually care.
http://nycitycab.com/forum/Forum.aspx

tohunt4me

Airlines charge for bags....why shouldn't uber drivers.....charge $3 PER BAG, that includes loading and unloading. Loading and unloading is not part of the fare so it should be charged. Uber says give free bottles of water lol where in town can u get free bottles of water? Charge at least $2 per bottle. With the low fates and no tips you should charge for everything just like the airlines and strip hotels. There's nothing free. We are just trying to make decent money and uber is stopping that.
They will tip the sky captain
They will tip the bell boy.
They won't tip the Uber driver.
Uber tells them not to

llort

I received what I consider to be an inappropriate PM from SibeRescueBrian on April 8, 2017.
Because of that PM, this comment is currently under edit.
The owner of uberpeople.net should be aware of this over-reach from SibeRescueBrian,
as this edit of my content contribution is the direct result of the PM I recieved.
Check back soon for edit updates while this content is updated.

Last edited:

kojeislandincha

You're right. Rates are so cheap you'll be out of a job soon enough. You should spend more time applying for jobs online instead of wasting your time here on a message board for rideshare drivers.
Better yet I found you a taxi cab forum you could post at and maybe someone will actually care.
http://nycitycab.com/forum/Forum.aspx
Rates R horrible and Gas is creeping upwards...No reason for gas going up. Trump will make the Poor Uber drivers Suffer

Its because all the Uber logistics people wear black sweat pants and black hoodies at our rideshare locations.
Customers see these fools dressed like they are in pajamas and the impression of the service = Ghetto.
Uber Logistic reps at the convention center should wear suits, and if they did; WE'D GET TIPS!!
What the Universe is wearing doesn't matter for the Intellect. I'm sure you think facial hair is also unprofessional

VegasRickster

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning gang off to the hundo grind hope today was like yesterday had it in under 4 hours yesterday but making $44 ur first hour helps.... thanks for all the response just wish there was a way to be fairly compensated for that particular trip....gl all have a great day...I work when I want for however long I want means a lot instead carrying around that ball and chain cab for 12 hours lol

Here's the $44 first hour uber

Attachments

VegasRickster

Cabbies expect tips when they are the biggest stiffs in the world having been a dice dealer boxman in this town since 1984 and witnessed 99% of cabbies stiff dealers for ever win lose or draw nothing but liars and frauds in my book

PrestonT

I don't do the airport at peak traffic. Long wait in queue for my up, just to see a $5 fare. I'd rather slough around the Strip hoping for the odd trip out of it. If I drop at the airport, it's straight back to my nearest favorite staging point.

Demon

terminal 1 airport rides from the strip being only 4-5-6 bucks are not worth it anymore for me have never really asked pax where they are going before or called to ask where they are going just showed up started the trip follow the nav and do the deed but terminal 1 departures is beyond belief and the risk factor of something horribly wrong happening goes up 6,000,000 % when you enter the zone Danger Will Danger Will the risk is not worth it anymore for me just sitting there today thinking about it and stupid I am for taking such a risk for a $5 bill wow.......will just cancel the ride when I find it's a terminal 1 trip if its obvious they airport bound when I pull up and ask....hate to go this route but terminal 1 and the lousy $5 bill...just food for thought
Eventually you'll be deactivated.

uberstuper

How about this concept..Stop picking up at airport and don't offer water .. I have been doing exactly that since day one.

VegasRickster

Morning gang getting ready for the hundo grind need six rides for the $75 bonus and that's today's goal then starts the mini vacation 4 days off and I don't have to call in need permission or fill out any forms or ask the boss.......flying to Reno tomorrow and will be using uber for the first time as a pax lol... be gone till the 1st moms 90 birthday and mini family reunion...have a great day....gl alllll..........

Back home day is done 6 rides in 1 hour 46 minutes got my 45 rides and $75 bonus that was quick lol...........

uberxreallysux

Now you are learning

LVC

If you accept and cancel or even don't accept 2 rides at the airport staging lot Uber boots you offline for a few minutes of time out.

When you are finally able to go back online you are placed at the back of the line, last in the queue, as if you had just pulled into the staging lot.

uberstuper

Morning gang getting ready for the hundo grind need six rides for the $75 bonus and that's today's goal then starts the mini vacation 4 days off and I don't have to call in need permission or fill out any forms or ask the boss.......flying to Reno tomorrow and will be using uber for the first time as a pax lol... be gone till the 1st moms 90 birthday and mini family reunion...have a great day....gl alllll..........

Back home day is done 6 rides in 1 hour 46 minutes got my 45 rides and $75 bonus that was quick lol...........
Have a good trip to Reno and enjoy letting someone Uber you around lol . I needed 9 rides today I'm at 7 ....2 more and I'm done til Tuesday

Blunt power