1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Becoming an uber partner and renting out my car??

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Lmac.09, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Lmac.09

Lmac.09 New Member

Hello, not sure if there is a thread on this. Would i be able to register my car to uber and rent it to an approved driver ??? Any insight on this would he greatly appreciated thanks! Im in the San Diego area...

2. unPat

unPat Well-Known Member

You should include them in your insurance.
    Try hyrecar.

Danny3xd likes this.
  3. Lmac.09

Lmac.09 New Member

Thanks! I looked into it..
    Is there drivers you can choose from or you have to wait until they choose your car? Is there a website on uber where you can see prospective drivers? Where You can email to come to an agreement of some sort? Or how would that work?

4. unPat

unPat Well-Known Member

Not sure how it works but after you list the car on their website they will do the rest. You just have to arrange pickup. But you should be cheaper than uber lease and lyfts rental.

5. Oscar Levant

Oscar Levant Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You can rent it through hyrecar google them.

6. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Like everyone said hyrecar. But just to let you know, it might not be worth it. I have used hyrecar as a consumer and does not benefit the person that owns a car. Most prices are around 200-300 a week at 1k miles. When I rented it, 1k miles a week is a lot of miles to put on a car.
    It depends on what car you have. What year? What make?
    The people who put their 2012 or lower car on there are in a better position than brand new cars.