BEACH AREA DRIVERS BEWARE!!!

PBdriverdude

Beware by Firehouse/ShoreClub in PB, and Ventura Pl in Mission Beach... cops are lined up ticketing drivers.!!
Do not let passengers exit car until you're down an alley! Or at a white curb! Same for picking up. Call the customer and tell tell them to go to a white curb or alley if in PB.
It's absolutely horrible that the cops are citing hard working people doing a service for the community. And they are laughing about it and proud of it as they write up unsuspecting drivers under the guise of inhibiting traffic, stopping in a red zone, or whatever. It's absolute b*******.!

Dirtbag Surfer

Been listening to the online police scanner. It is nuts down there right now! So many drunks, fights, arrests, etc. Funniest one yet, "We've got two females passed out drunk in the parking lot next to the roller coaster. One is lying on the hood of a car and the other one is on the ground underneath it" :biggrin:

Last edited:

Dirtbag Surfer

So let me get this right

You want to ignore road rules and wonder why you get fined

Cool
We all wish it was that simple...riders don't care about those pesky red zones and UBER doesn't care either but you sure will get rated down if you make these entitled drunk idiots walk to a legal pick up/drop off spot. Now you will get a ticket too. Isn't driving for Uber a blast?

elelegido

Beware by Firehouse/ShoreClub in PB, and Ventura Pl in Mission Beach... cops are lined up ticketing drivers.!!
Do not let passengers exit car until you're down an alley! Or at a white curb! Same for picking up. Call the customer and tell tell them to go to a white curb or alley if in PB.
It's absolutely horrible that the cops are citing hard working people doing a service for the community. And they are laughing about it and proud of it as they write up unsuspecting drivers under the guise of inhibiting traffic, stopping in a red zone, or whatever. It's absolute b*******.!
Just a revenue generation exercise; they've got to pay for the SDPD holiday barbecue one way or another.

Dirtbag Surfer

So let me get this right

You want to ignore road rules and wonder why you get fined

Cool
By the way mate, Pacific Beach San Diego is a long way from the land down under. PB is its own beast with pretty much -zer0- legal pick up and drop off zones in the main district where all the business is. That's just on a normal summer day. The day before the 4th of July, you know that holiday we celebrate for way back when we claimed independence from the bloody bastards with the bad teeth, crappy food etc, you might as well forget about finding anything resembling a legal spot. You're just hoping that some idiot doesn't get run over while running into traffic to try to open your (hopefully locked) door when you are stopped at a light. It is nuts down there, all the way around!

PBdriverdude

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Really, uxdriver?!?
Well, let's get this straight... I put out well needed warning as a service to other drivers. And suggested they direct their Riders to a safe pickup/ drop off spot . Did I not? Apparently you didn't read my post.
So, You're either a fake poster (is 'well-known' a mistake?), not a real driver, or just complete @@@@@@!

Dirtbag Surfer

Really, uxdriver?!?
Well, let's get this straight... I put out well needed warning as a service to other drivers. And suggested they direct their Riders to a safe pickup/ drop off spot . Did I not? Apparently you didn't read my post.
So, You're either a fake poster (is 'well-known' a mistake?), not a real driver, or just complete ******!
Per his profile:

Apparently he drives in San Diego even though that's a long haul to make a buck what with buying a carboat and all. Usually his expertise centers around keeping sheep happy, so go figure...

Uberbrethren

We all wish it was that simple...riders don't care about those pesky red zones and UBER doesn't care either but you sure will get rated down if you make these entitled drunk idiots walk to a legal pick up/drop off spot. Now you will get a ticket too. Isn't driving for Uber a blast?
DBSurfer, you nailed it here. The onus currently falls on the driver to educate the passenger and absorb the ratings hit while avoiding Johnny Law. It would take little effort for the rideshare companies to educate passengers, but they don't. The thing I would like the companies to understand is that we feel safe from these expensive law-breaking moments, we are going to drive better because we are able to focus on the task, not obsess about getting a ticket.

PBdriverdude

Hahaha... thanks. His response did not fit with someone knowing this area, and those two spots in particular... violating Road Rules?... WTF! They're both cul-de-sacs.

And BTW, I didn't get cited. I'm not even driving. I came off the beach and witnessed it in pb. Tried to shout to drivers and keep them moving. When all the cars are backed up, passengers open the door and get out... Too late! Cop waves another one over. (sigh)

Gabriel Quijas

Some areas should have Uber/Lyft ride share pick up spots. Hell with Pool we are a extension of MTS. When they do the closing down some roads in downtown it would be sweet to have a pick up drop off designated area. But of course that is too frigging smart. I too listen to the scanners and it is nice and drunk out there.

PBdriverdude

Been listening to the online police scanner. It is nuts down there right now! So many drunks, fights, arrests, etc. Funniest one yet, "We've got two females passed out drunk in the parking lot next to the roller coaster. On is lying on the hood of a car and the other one is on the ground underneath it" :biggrin:

PBdriverdude

Been listening to the online police scanner. It is nuts down there right now! So many drunks, fights, arrests, etc. Funniest one yet, "We've got two females passed out drunk in the parking lot next to the roller coaster. On is lying on the hood of a car and the other one is on the ground underneath it" :biggrin:

PBdriverdude

Sounds pretty cool. Where do I find the online police scanner? I can reach you outside this form if you wish. Thanks

Padraig

From someone who works PB a lot, the issue is that there has never been this sort of crack down before. Literally just started today, yesterday was business as usual you could park with your hazards on and pick up or drop off for 30 seconds no problem. Now I guess the cops want to be dicks about it. I saw someone get ticketed right in front of firehouse as she was pulling into the alleyway next to it for a pick up. Look like she could be someone's grandma, no mercy from the cops tonight.

UXDriver

You wait in a legal pick up
Wait 5
No show

I drop off where it is safe and legal to stop
My car
My rules