• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Be Careful today

New-Member

SFPD’s finest are on every other corner around Carnival & Potrero Hill, all busy “not targeting” U/L drivers. Someone has to pay for those shiny new Interceptor cars & SUVs, this is your chance to contribute. You can relax if you see one of the old battered Crown Vics though, they’re stuck doing police work.

RideShareJUNKIE

Why im picky in picking up or dropping off people in sf. That 5 bucks ill make for my rides arent worth the ticket im gnna get
You will only get a ticket if you do something wrong, and or not confident in what your doing. Law enforcement interactions are some of the most straightforward ones. I actually look forward to it but never get a chance to interact with them. I drive around the streets like its cruisin USA all the time, but i also blend in and use whatever discretion i have left. At least make it appear that you are blending in, something to help yourself. The stickers would be the most obvious place to start. No one should have wannabe illegal cab envy, unless you are a cabby (nothing against cabbies), just the wannabe cabbies that are disguised as rideshare drivers. Stop showing up to the pax pickup all delighted for the whooping payout, and stop giving them the time of day. they feed on that crap. I remember my "excuse me, thank you, please" honeymoon stage. Boy they would walk all over me, and still not tip. Now its more like "you still want your ride? well come on then....". lol

I would be a lot nicer if i didnt actually know what i was doing! Oh yeah i use to be too nice, selfless too a fault. Then i realized others are getting ahead, and never give, just take. Then I enrolled in an Selfish crash course, and became the a$$hole you all virtually know me as here. :smiles:

warsaw

Things haven’t always gone well for Charles Shaw, the man behind the bargain booze known as “Two Buck Chuck.” For one, Shaw actually wanted to keep his wine business, but he lost that in a bitter divorce. And while he went on to make a decent living selling software that “monitors cardiac surgery,” Shaw was forced to watch as the wine that bears his name was torn down in the public forum—first hijacked by none other than box-wine king Fred Franzia and then morphed into a pseudo Napa Valley wine that sold for a (seemingly preposterous $2), earning the ire of some of the region’s most influential wine professionals.

Well, poor Shaw has to weep no longer. The wine that bears his name has suffered its last—and apparently fatal—blow at the hands of that big bully we call the Internet. That’s right, folks. Everyone’s favorite, almost unbelievably affordable wine will be pulled from the shelves on May 31, 2016 due to margin pressures induced by slumping sales. The cause: a derogatory article published on Quora in 2011, since deleted, but not before it was was turned into a viral sensation by the Huffington Post in August 2014. The article, written by wine professional Chris Knox, accused Franzia—owner of Bronco Wines—of utilizing sloppy, and even dangerous, shortcuts in the production of a falsely advertised “Napa” wine. (The grapes were not grown in the Napa Valley.) Among other institutional shortcuts, Bronco didn’t hand-harvest but recklessly collected ripe and underripe grapes, among, well, a lot of other really weird things. Says Knox:

“Everything, and I do mean everything (including all those unripe grapes, rotten grapes, leaves, stems, birds, rodents, and insects) gets tossed into the crusher and transferred to large tanks to ferment. So think about all the animal blood and parts that have made their way into your wine next time you crack open that bottle of Two Buck Chuck! Hardly even seems worth the $2 does it?”

New-Member

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You will only get a ticket if you do something wrong, and or not confident in what your doing. Law enforcement interactions are some of the most straightforward ones. I actually look forward to it but never get a chance to interact with them. I drive around the streets like its cruisin USA all the time, but i also blend in and use whatever discretion i have left. At least make it appear that you are blending in, something to help yourself. The stickers would be the most obvious place to start. No one should have wannabe illegal cab envy, unless you are a cabby (nothing against cabbies), just the wannabe cabbies that are disguised as rideshare drivers. Stop showing up to the pax pickup all delighted for the whooping payout, and stop giving them the time of day. they feed on that crap. I remember my "excuse me, thank you, please" honeymoon stage. Boy they would walk all over me, and still not tip. Now its more like "you still want your ride? well come on then....". lol

I would be a lot nicer if i didnt actually know what i was doing! Oh yeah i use to be too nice, selfless too a fault. Then i realized others are getting ahead, and never give, just take. Then I enrolled in an Selfish crash course, and became the a$$hole you all virtually know me as here. :smiles:
“You will only get a ticket if you do something wrong”
If you do something wrong and you have U/L stickers on you WILL get pulled over and WILL get a ticket. No stickers, well that’s just SF driving, move on, or maybe pull over & a warning.
FTFY.

RideShareJUNKIE

“You will only get a ticket if you do something wrong”
If you do something wrong and you have U/L stickers on you WILL get pulled over and WILL get a ticket. No stickers, well that’s just SF driving, move on, or maybe pull over & a warning.
FTFY.
Much better said! :smiles:

eazycc

I have never gotten a ticket in SF and I have almost 6k rides on Uber. Not to be bitter but a lot of u/L drivers do stupid stuff, to the point that it draws heightened enforcement.

Most people just drive and clog streets like idiots and more frequently than not said idiots have full trade dress on. Guess what happens when city officials/city workers/bus drivers/ etc start getting fed up with Uber drivers causing most of the traffic jams in the city and making their jobs more annoying ?

If SFMTA cuts tickets to UPS and FedEx, think they will be nice to an Uber driver stopped in the middle of Fell st?

jenijazz

...think they will be nice to an Uber driver stopped in the middle of Fell st?
They sure as hell shouldn't be nice to said ant.
But in his defense, we gotta have more white curbs, and pax gotta learn that it's not all about them.
And U/L should provide training and testing before ants are let loose in SF-- an advanced-level driving environment if ever there was one.

JPilla

Weekend is FULL of idiot @@@@@@@ u/l drivers. They are EVERYWHERE. Blocking traffic double parked for no reason, bus stops chillin, bike lanes chillin, and picking up and dropping off up n down market. I'm all for the cops getting them.