Uber Drivers Forum banner

Be aware of parking हरामी inspectors in Brisbane City and around

644 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Golfer 
#1 ·
Be aware of parking हरामी inspectors all over Brisbane City and valley especially. They are trying to book any they can as the budget of parking fine from BCC has gone up to 37 million.
I spotted them all over valley over Friday night. Booking all taxies and ride shares.

#2 ·
Be aware of parking हरामी inspectors all over Brisbane City and valley especially. They are trying to book any they can as the budget of parking fine from BCC has gone up to 37 million.
I spotted them all over valley over Friday night. Booking all taxies and ride shares.
I hope you didn't get one?.I don't do valley often however if you need to go to Brunswick street there is Alfred street on your left hand side with a basic drop off point if it helps you being a new member,Taxis hog the loading zone in Eagle street ?,having an evening siesta have a chat.?

#4 ·
Yeh had the a Bris City Council person on the ABC , they questioned him on the 37million , and pointed out BCC only collected 22 million last financial year .
The Councilor just tried to wave it off .

But I believe they will try to meet their budget estimate of 37 million for parking infringements :eek: this year

#5 · (Edited)
They must be working 24/7 all areas now.
Friend of my wife got a ticket for parking in her suburban driveway across the footpath one night, time-stamped just after midnight.
I got done for parking a lapsed rego car (still with plates attached) in our street a couple of years back - 609 effing dollars!
If Council wants to claim dominion over the streets, how come they don’t come and mow my footpath?
Bastards - I pay my rates!

#6 ·
They must be working 24/7 all areas now.
Friend of my wife got a ticket for parking in her suburban driveway across the footpath one night, time-stamped just after midnight.
I got done for parking a lapsed rego car (still with plates attached) in our street a couple of years back - 609 effing dollars!
If Council wants to claim dominion over the streets, how come they don't come and mow my footpath?
Bastards - I pay my rates!
Bastards ( you're right ) they could have a least " rounded" it up to $ 610 :unsure:

#9 ·
I have found it worthwhile walking the CBD (or other congested areas) so you can familiarise yourself with any legal and safe stopping areas including driveways and laneways.

Driveways may also be helpful if U-turns are prohibited nearby.

More generally, I think many of the problems arise from having so many ‘no stopping’ zones when in most cases they could safely be ‘no parking’ zones that would allow drivers briefly to stop to pick up or drop off passengers.

#10 ·
I have found it worthwhile walking the CBD (or other congested areas) so you can familiarise yourself with any legal and safe stopping areas including driveways and laneways.

Driveways may also be helpful if U-turns are prohibited nearby.

More generally, I think many of the problems arise from having so many 'no stopping' zones when in most cases they could safely be 'no parking' zones that would allow drivers briefly to stop to pick up or drop off passengers.
Love Laneways myself , only problem for pax when alighting they are like " wind tunnels in Winter :smiles:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.