Inshur

BC lets hear it...

Maxy

Morning to all of you:-)

I've recently joined this forum - one thing that i've noticed is there fair amoung bc drivers in here.

Lets turn the tables around on this thread..

BC how much do guys make on average these days?

The London Icon black cabs are they mainly owned by the drivers or some of you hire them?

Whats the hire cost? Or outright cost?

Also Friend of mine who lives in Malysia wants one shipped.....is this possible or you required to have licence to purchase one?

Peace to you all - #getlondonmoving

Ubend R.S.

morning

earnings.....not as much as my uncle did....game's dead....or my favourite 'starving nicely thanks

cabs....some buy starting at £42,000 no air bag, no AC, no suspension. some rent from £120 (good luck) upto £300 i believe. £250 gets you a decent one.

your friend can have one. they are all over the world in tiny numbers.

Maxy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
morning

earnings.....not as much as my uncle did....game's dead....or my favourite 'starving nicely thanks

cabs....some buy starting at £42,000 no air bag, no AC, no suspension. some rent from £120 (good luck) upto £300 i believe. £250 gets you a decent one.

your friend can have one. they are all over the world in tiny numbers.

Thanks for the reply -

If one puts allot of time and effort is it possible to aquire the knowlege within a year?

Also i am not so convinced that the game is dead at all, Yes things maybe not be the samw what they were some years ago, but i belief you guys are still bringing healthy notes back....

Just give me some random figure mate - good & bad days and hours these days?

Cheers

Bettysmalls

Thanks for the reply -

If one puts allot of time and effort is it possible to aquire the knowlege within a year?

Also i am not so convinced that the game is dead at all, Yes things maybe not be the samw what they were some years ago, but i belief you guys are still bringing healthy notes back....

Cheers
Only possible in a year maybe 18 months if you do yellow badge and that's being very generous , green badge is poss in 2 1/2 years again being generous

DB1980

Appearances are about 10 months minimum themselves. Fastest I've ever heard anyone doing the KOL (in recent years) 2 years 3 months and he was a Russian. Average 3.5-4 years part time.

Ubend R.S.

Thanks for the reply -

Cheers
a year no.

as far as random figures. when i was on the knowledge i got a wall map from a cabbie living in loudwater. not just any house in loudwater neither. he told me to stick at it. he also said he was packing in his cleaning job.

there are no figures cause we all work differently. but a good day, you get lucky. a bad day, others get lucky.

Antiuber222

He doesn't ask for your payslips or bank statement. It's a genuine question. If you don't want to answer then don't. But if you do then you still remain incognito on this forum. It won't hurt you.
you know its funny, you see a lot of uber drivers being interested in the earnings of the black cabbie, definitely the interest flying both ways.

Maxy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
you know its funny, you see a lot of uber drivers being interested in the earnings of the black cabbie, definitely the interest flying both ways.
Well like you said the interest is flying both ways, but you cabbies are keeping those figures well tucked in for some reason - as far this forum goes i've only seen fellow uber colleagues throwing some figures..

Lets have grown up conversation lads here - i've never done cabbie before, uber was first for me in this industry....I am also considering doing the knowlege? So i wanna hear some figures, thats only why i am so keeen to hear this!

Thanks

UberLuxbod

Appearances are about 10 months minimum themselves. Fastest I've ever heard anyone doing the KOL (in recent years) 2 years 3 months and he was a Russian. Average 3.5-4 years part time.
Look on the Wizann site they have a role of honour

Fastest time is just over 18months and he didn't take it seriously all the way through.

One other thing you see on there is the number of people that got AA and out after a KoL full of C's and D's.

There was a rumour this was because of Ken Livingston wanting some people through quicker.....

UberLuxbod

Typical Taxi drivers earnings tend to be in the £30/45 an hour range.

Some days will bring the average down and some days will push the average up.

Some times you will get a roader pushing the average up and sometimes you will get short runs but have to sit in the rank between jobs pushing the average down.

My figures are from drivers that tend to work Rate 2 and 3 times.

The days of £500 a night are largely finished but longer hours means more money.

The similarities between early Lux earnings and Black Cab earnings were not insignificant.

Since X and Exec turned up those days are over.

Momo11

Game is dead :smiles::smiles::smiles:
The best think is to do is YouTube
Uber drivers full of them with details of earning.
Like Fabio hassan the uuuuuberrr driver

UberLuxbod

Well like you said the interest is flying both ways, but you cabbies are keeping those figures well tucked in for some reason - as far this forum goes i've only seen fellow uber colleagues throwing some figures..

Lets have grown up conversation lads here - i've never done cabbie before, uber was first for me in this industry....I am also considering doing the knowlege? So i wanna hear some figures, thats only why i am so keeen to hear this!

Thanks
Put simply if you want to stay in this industry for the long term you have a few options.

Do the KoL.

Up skill and become an independant chauffeur with your own clients and also some subbing work, keep Uber as a fill in.

Get your feet under the table with an Operator and hope they look after you in the long term.

Uber is still better than many Operators in London for the average driver. Yes the rates could be better (and should be better) and Surge should then be phased out in favour of a more sensible rate across the board, or simply copy the Taxi system of different rates throughout the day.