Bay bridge

pandaman

I live in Oakland and try not to cross the bridge if possible. Everyone should know why. I Sent text to pax saying, " end of my shift, please request another driver if you going to city. Reply was " you cannot screen your trip, I work for uber, I will report you" . WTF? Would he rather get rejected after the driver arrived? Any suggestions how to avoid crossing the bridge?

Uberslave415

Just don't take them. Trust me I live in SF and Never go out of the city I always do quick cancel after I know they are going far. I been doing that for a while and I'm still driving for Uber. They won't report you

pandaman

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you mean start the trip find out where they go before they get in the car.

Uberslave415

Do you mean start the trip find out where they go before they get in the car.
Yes find out before they get inside your car. People with bad ratings usually go far and driver rate them low so they won't get match with them again. Just tell them you don't have enough gas to that far that's my excuse lol

Euius

I live in Oakland and try not to cross the bridge if possible. Everyone should know why.
I can't imagine why. I live in Oakland and actively seek out crossing the bridge. I make heavy use of the destination filter to do exactly that.

I Sent text to pax saying, " end of my shift, please request another driver if you going to city. Reply was " you cannot screen your trip, I work for uber, I will report you" . WTF? Would he rather get rejected after the driver arrived? Any suggestions how to avoid crossing the bridge?
A load of crap, you can screen your trip. I've flat out told support that I refused trips because "Destination too far"

NASCAR1991

Yes find out before they get inside your car. People with bad ratings usually go far and driver rate them low so they won't get match with them again. Just tell them you don't have enough gas to that far that's my excuse lol
I always thought gas excuse is lame..since i would just say let's go get gas

pandaman

Thanks for the advice. I start 6am and usually go home round 3 or 4. Sometime get trip to the city around 2pm , lol, forget about it.

RedoBeach

Highly doubt he works for Uber.. Likely just said that to mess with you.

Even if he does, you might want to inform him next time that you, on the other hand, are a contractor, not an employee, and you do not work for Uber. Let him know that his telling you that you do not have the right to decline rides can have legal repercussions for him and the company he represents.

NASCAR1991

Uber messing up for all.
Even as an occasional rider i now dont feel Uber as a good way of getting around going out of the city...or going far.
Went to sf last week and freaking needed a ride home late at night. After first 2 drivers refused my alameda ride at 1.20 am...i started request and calling asking if they can go to east bay. So basically 7th uber finally accepted me...well at the point it was 1.50 am and ride went from 22 dollars to 38.

I as a driver understood everything and was fine with it. But because of ubers promos riders at certain times basically will have no chance of getting that ride accepted. This will result in missed airplane flights and bescially late for events...mettings...or simply not beeing able to get home as well.

Before when prices were higher there were no need for incentives and i would gladly do a long or a short ride. Now since its sooo cheap you need promos to keep drivers driving. System needs to improve.

Euius

There's nothing about incentives causing people to refuse to take you to Alameda at 1:30. It's about the surge. The surge at 2am that you are stopping them from getting.

I'd have refused you at 1:30am, and I live in Oakland. Drivers that don't would also end up spending 12 miles coming back empty. And the toll you paid wouldn't be extra, it would be what they spend

Taxis add long distance surcharges, and until drivers get the same the smart drivers will refuse long rides

Last edited:

NASCAR1991

There's nothing about incentives causing people to refuse to take you to Alameda at 1:30. It's about the surge. The surge at 2am that you are stopping them from getting.

I'd have refused you at 1:30am, and I live in Oakland. Drivers that don't would also end up spending 12 miles coming back empty.

Taxis add long distance surcharges, and until drivers get the same the smart drivers will refuse long rides
Well i been redused before at 2 pm as well to alameda because they were on they promos. Not 7 times in a row but took me 3 tries. Bottom line system is off. And it does give problems for guaranteed ride. Since no one wants to go to Oakland since rides are cheaper there.

Only way to make uber reliable is.
1. No more surge
2. No more promos
3. Drive can operate WITHIN 50 MILES OF HIS HOME. So no more people driving in from Florida. If you dont live in a market dont come here.
This will improve the service since we will have more local and knowledgeable drivers who familiar with the area more or less.
4. All rates MUST BE SAME WITH FOR BAY AREA. outside bay area it can change...but having sf one rate and 5 miles down the road its different.....mmmnnnnnn no. This forced drivers to cherry pick.
5. Rates must be 80 percent of the taxi rates or above. So basically around 1.80 per mile at 80 %rate.
6. If there is still pool you can drop the rate but WE MUST GET BOTH RIDERS FEES COMBINED added. No what ever it is now.

Those basic rules will help the flood issue. Since now people from florida and michigan will stop driving in here.
This will make stop drivers from cherry picking for the most part.
This will raise the quality of costumers since at 1.80 per mile its not so cheap any more and not everyone can afford it.

For costumers this will become a reliable way of transportation again. So they dont have to wait 30 mintues at 1.20 am at the freezing weather with almsot dead phone for someone to accept them to go to east bay. Or where ever they going to.

pandaman

From west Oakland or emyrville to s f about 19 bucks including toll . I rather leave those trip to drivers needed to return to the city.

Euius

From west Oakland or emyrville to s f about 19 bucks including toll . I rather leave those trip to drivers needed to return to the city.
Rider just paid $21 including $6 toll from downtown Oakland to Embarcadero/Fidi restaurant

Earlier this week was $27 from Haight to Adams Point including $4 toll.

So $15 going west, $23 going east

But that $15 going west will facilitate my earning at SF rates all night tonight

elelegido

Uber messing up for all.
Even as an occasional rider i now dont feel Uber as a good way of getting around going out of the city...or going far.
Went to sf last week and freaking needed a ride home late at night. After first 2 drivers refused my alameda ride at 1.20 am...i started request and calling asking if they can go to east bay. So basically 7th uber finally accepted me...well at the point it was 1.50 am and ride went from 22 dollars to 38.

I as a driver understood everything and was fine with it. But because of ubers promos riders at certain times basically will have no chance of getting that ride accepted. This will result in missed airplane flights and bescially late for events...mettings...or simply not beeing able to get home as well.

Before when prices were higher there were no need for incentives and i would gladly do a long or a short ride. Now since its sooo cheap you need promos to keep drivers driving. System needs to improve.
Exactly.

18 months ago - Alameda? Sweeeeet.

Now - Alameda? <Shit!> errrmmm... no... my car's on fire... etc etc

It's really great to hear that 7 drivers refused the ride though - pax aren't going to submit seven different complaints to Uber and in any case Uber would be too complacent / incompetent to follow up with each of the drivers. Looks like the driver pool is acting as one for everyone's benefit without knowing it.

Last edited: