Bay Area Tippers

fml

Here is my list...I was out of town for three weeks and think I forgot to add 2-3 (2 white males and another Asian female IIRC) before I left on my list, but not sure, so will leave it at this...And as you can see, people rarely tip at the airports and some just wait by trunk expecting you to lug all their heavy luggage sometimes...I would say I've had close to 300-400 riders, so by the worst ones % wise

TIPS

asian lady (cupertino) $10
asian couple (google to sf) $10
asian guy (dtmv to pa) $5
asian couple (pier 27 to millbrae) $5
asian lady (mv to palo alto) $3
asian lady (sf to sfo) $1

mexican guy (foster city to san carlos) $2
mexican family (sfo to hayward) $5
el salvadorean (sf to sfo) $5
mexican girl (sunnyvale to sj) $6

white guy (sfo to sf) $5
white guy (san mateo to rwc) $5
white lady (pa to vmware) $4
white guy (mv to sfo) $4
white guy (mv to sjc) $7
white lady (rwc to st regis) $5
white guy (sf lincoln to wash sq park) $5
white guy (mv to downtown mv) $10
white guy (foster city to belmont)

french couple (pa to sf) $5

jewish guy (pa to fremont bart) $20

indian guy (sunnyvale to sunnyvale) $5

Euius

Euro tourists never tip either. Its always American tourists, but can be any race.

SF natives in general are bad tippers, for all services. Ask a local pizza driver

manuella

I see nothing good coming from listing races of tippers lol we already know the facts who tips who doesn't tip

It's also important to note that people tip according to your ethnicity as well but you didn't think it's relevant

Steve_from_SanJose

I have personally find people from the East Coast are the most consistent tippers... Being from the East myself I can tell you that is how we are brought up.. On the other hand Kalifornians are the WORST sorry it that offends anyone dems the facts

zipcash

Uber is teaching people how not to tip anymore..that afect's all area of services. it must be stopped cause people that depend on tips to survive soon will file a lawsuit agaisnt Uber

RedoBeach

Because I was talking about how there aren't many good kosher delis here and we started talking.
I love Kosher Delis and I am not Jewish! You lumped in a religion where all other identifiers cited race. Judaism is a religion, not a race.

since we are generalizing and being slightly racist... I'll add... mexicans and gays are the best tippers, old white guys next, blacks are also good for me (a monetary version of the 'nod'). we all know who is the worst and they tend to be the most demanding or at least like to back seat drive the most. I've had maybe 1 break out from these stereotypes in over 2000 rides in the past 1.5 years. then again, it's just like the waiter that give poor service cuz they expect you to give a poor tip. little do they know I'm actually a great tipper for good to great service coming from a service industry background myself

fml

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've had 15-20 black passengers. None of them have tipped.

AlexK

I don't think ethnicity matters at all, though certain cultures might be more accustomed to tipping or not. For example, Europeans do not usually tip, because it's not really prevalent in their culture at all.

I tend to do well in tips by being relatable and I think being a "college student paying his bills" helps a lot lol

The Mollusk

I don't think ethnicity matters at all, though certain cultures might be more accustomed to tipping or not. For example, Europeans do not usually tip, because it's not really prevalent in their culture at all.

I tend to do well in tips by being relatable and I think being a "college student paying his bills" helps a lot lol
Who gives a flart what you think?

The OP is compiling information in a loosely scientific method, but purposely left out black folks. He did it for a reason.....what would that be?

fml

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didn't leave out black people. I just listed people who tipped. I haven't had any that tipped. I haven't listed Arabs either and I've had some Persian riders, etc. Just none of them have tipped.

I only wrote down people who have tipped.

The Mollusk

I didn't leave out black people. I just listed people who tipped. I haven't had any that tipped. I haven't listed Arabs either and I've had some Persian riders, etc. Just none of them have tipped.

I only wrote down people who have tipped.
Man, that's some linguistic gymnastics you're working on.... Congrats!

Ever wonder what the definition of Is, is ?