Bastards!

ZepFan

They are taking away the 6% extra for diamond and 3% extra for platinum drivers on time and distance. So just what is the point of striving to get to those levels now? The only perk that is worthwhile is seeing the time and distance. You still have to work for the quest. How low can they go? This is just awful, shameful.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mysanthropic_Motorist

Wow. They’ve lost there f*cking minds. Don’t expect TOO huge a backlash though, there weren’t that many who held Platinum or above to get the money bonus. My question would be.......what drivers have they “heard” from? I’ve never had anything good to say to, or about them, in any survey I’ve taking. Scumbags.....

ibeam23

Well they certainly got that right at least.
Exactly. Written in plain English. Dollar surge is next, then another lowering of rates for drivers. You watch, it’ll happen. Uber now has to answer to shareholders and shareholders don’t care if we are driving for $0.02 a minute. They want profits.

You think we have it bad? I saw a screenshot today on FB from a driver in SC. 90 mile trip that took almost two hours paid out $67.

Mysanthropic_Motorist

Exactly. Written in plain English. Dollar surge is next, the another lowering of rates for drivers. You watch, it’ll happen. Uber now has to answer to shareholders and shareholders don’t care if we are driving for $0.02 a minute. They want profits.
It really will be interesting (in a painful way, for some) to see how low they have the balls to go.

gonzotildawn

"Based on feedback" from WHO?
diamond.jpg diamond2.jpg
Don't forget the mileage reduction/time increase they put in place just after they introduced this fantastic tier system.
Shore rate for me (X) went from $1.43 to $1.23/mile net.
The 6% offset that by a bit... but not enough.
The rug has been pulled out from under us once again.
Maybe "Quests" will increase...but I'm not holding my breath as I sit on this bare floor of a platform.
WTG rideshare titan... go stock yourself!

Last edited:

ZepFan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
View attachment 315727
Don't forget the mileage reduction/time increase they put in place just after they introduced this fantastic tier system.
Maybe "Quests" will increase...but I'm not holding my breath as I sit on this bare floor of a platform.
So, apparently drivers will be offered different kinds of Quests based on your level/status. The higher you are, the more lucrative the bonus. You will be able to choose the one that works for you. This might be a better deal but I just don't like the concept of working to achieve a certain status...and then still having to work to achieve a bonus. There should be a reward just for being Diamond. Now, there's none unless a Quest is completed.

That said, I hate the 55 ride target I've gotten for weekends. I don't drive Sundays, so 55 rides in 2 days is unreachable for me. If it's something like 30 or 35 I can probably swing it without killing myself.

Will know more by Thursday when the weekend bonuses are unveiled.

gonzotildawn

I had a better than average Fri/Sat this past weekend...but only 37 trips.
18 on Sunday is just outta reach. I did 3 and packed it in.
Quest has to be over $100 to compensate for this BS revamp...not gonna happen.
:thumbdown:
BTW...it wasn't "drivers like MEEE" !

BulldogDriver

The S1 said it all. They have terabytes of data on every driver on the platform. If 100 drovers got together they’d each have different targets. Every ride you accept and every ride you pass they watch and adjust the algorithms.
The early investors just want the suckers to buy shares so they can dump it from their holdings and move on.

Juno has millions of drivers begging to get on the service because of crap like this.....

A competitor introducing their own app who simply matched the prior rates and let the public know they care about drivers would be able to charge higher rates.

The driver rates will drop first and then consumer prices will increase and quality will lapse.

PorkRollUberAndCheese

Wow. They’ve lost there f*cking minds. Don’t expect TOO huge a backlash though, there weren’t that many who held Platinum or above to get the money bonus. My question would be.......what drivers have they “heard” from? I’ve never had anything good to say to, or about them, in any survey I’ve taking. Scumbags.....
“Not many drivers have platinum or above”

Can you please stop with these ignorant comments? You’d make platinum if you average 20 trips a week.
Post automatically merged:

I don’t complain a lot here but I busted my ass to make diamond so I could get that 6% for the summer months. For them to pull this shit is garbage.

ToughTommy

I’ll give them credit for putting their unique BS spin on their no lube message.
For the most dedicated drivers remember that little bonus you got for being a good ant. Now we want you to slave more and put more effort for more crumbs.
Please don’t work May 8th if you can swing it.
I liked getting the little crumb per ride
I guess after this I’m going to go back to cherry pick and who cares where you’re going if I don’t want to I’m going to cancel

FlyingFortress

Author
So, apparently drivers will be offered different kinds of Quests based on your level/status. The higher you are, the more lucrative the bonus. You will be able to choose the one that works for you. This might be a better deal but I just don't like the concept of working to achieve a certain status...and then still having to work to achieve a bonus. There should be a reward just for being Diamond. Now, there's none unless a Quest is completed.

That said, I hate the 55 ride target I've gotten for weekends. I don't drive Sundays, so 55 rides in 2 days is unreachable for me. If it's something like 30 or 35 I can probably swing it without killing myself.

Will know more by Thursday when the weekend bonuses are unveiled.
Confucius say that the more ride pressure you’re dealt within their timeframe, the higher the risk of accidents or all bad things that the drivers sustain mostly alone. Partners? Show me my partner.

Mysanthropic_Motorist

“Not many drivers have platinum or above”

Can you please stop with these ignorant comments? You’d make platinum if you average 20 trips a week.

I don’t complain a lot here but I busted my ass to make diamond so I could get that 6% for the summer months. For them to pull this shit is garbage.
It’s not ignorant, it’s fact. You absolutely don’t make it that easy. It’s a very delicate balancing act. Sure, the # of rides is the easiest. The acceptance rate when most of what they give you are shit rides...isn’t. This is exactly why I said don’t expect a huge uproar. Fact is most do not have Plat or above.

You’re very next line was how you busted your ass to get Diamond. So which is it? A cakewalk, or a ball buster. Can’t be both Einstein.

FortLeeUber2017

View attachment 315727 View attachment 315733
98% AC and 2% CR? In NJ? Seriously?

UberwhoIaM

They are taking away the 6% extra for diamond and 3% extra for platinum drivers on time and distance. So just what is the point of striving to get to those levels now? The only perk that is worthwhile is seeing the time and distance. You still have to work for the quest. How low can they go? This is just awful, shameful.
They clearly forecasted this and other incentive cuts to come in the S1..... forget about hidden boosts DTS on holidays...

It really will be interesting (in a painful way, for some) to see how low they have the balls to go.
Not enough drivers in the areas I drive now.... can't see them cutting rates any further without creating even worse service and crazy surge #s.... pax tell me they are waiting up to 10-15 minutes for ride to get accepted and up to another 20 minutes additional for driver to arrive... even worse on Lyft.... they may do other things but I'm thinking the rates have bottomed out....

98% AC and 2% CR? In NJ? Seriously?
Exactly!!!!

View attachment 315781

Can you say "ANT"? Really you should be embarrassed posting an acceptance rate like that.... Taking every ride has to be soooooo profitable for you!!! NOT!!!

Expect any incentive/promotion worth getting going bye bye!!

Stop letting them control you for crumbs... trust me you'll make way more money doing what's best for you as a driver in your area... get some balls people and use your imagination...

Last edited:

gonzotildawn

Yeah...I'm embarassed.
You are aware that AR is based on last 7 days, right?
I was in Maryland for Easter w/e, so I took EVERYTHING this weekend.... got paid.
I was 100% yesterday and took all 3 trips on Sunday...I got screwed...stat is wrong!
:frown:
I'm usually around 87%
My lessons are VERY expensive... and I take criticism well.
Hint: My total trips leaving EWR is 3... my app is usually off if outside the shore rate (maybe XL only at times... like in Freehold).
Sure would like some pointers on how to improve my game.

UberwholaM misunderstood (next post)... I didn't drive rideshare in Maryland...
I did 0 trips from Friday to Monday on Easter weekend... 100% AR
Since the w/e is 80% of my earnings, I doubled down when I got home.

Last edited:

UberwhoIaM

Yeah...I'm embarassed.
You are aware that AR is based on last 7 days, right?
I was in Maryland for Easter w/e, so I took EVERYTHING this weekend.... got paid.
I was 100% yesterday and took all 3 trips on Sunday...I got screwed...stat is wrong!
:frown:
I'm usually around 87%
My lessons are VERY expensive... and I take criticism well.
Hint: My total trips leaving EWR is 3... my app is usually off if outside the shore rate (maybe XL only at times).
Sure would like some pointers on how to improve my game.
My bad... that makes sense.... driving an area with higher rates like Maryland I would do the same as long as not too far away...

My AR is usually between 1% - 30%......