Bart stations make me look like a total noob

drexl_s

The Pax puts the damn pin on top of the bart station, I drive to it, silly navigation thinks i need to drop person off in the middle of the freeway, tells me to get off the freeway and go back on the freeway to reach the bart satation; between the west/east bound lanes. UGH. I seriously need to learn where drop off is for every Bart station in the area.

UberHaterSJ

You driving on 580? The pax is ordering while still on Bart. That's why it's on the freeway . Drive past , wait 5 minutes and no show them

Silent_Philosodriver

You have to babysit the last mile or so no matter what you use (Waze or GM) I always try to verify requested address vs. map destination while driving. Most of the time the Map asks you to turn a corner near the destination, but BART stations, Those huge buildings next to the Bay Bridge set the request ping in the highway a lot. (I think we all have seen the 'u-turn on the bay bridge' recommendation. Sorry UBER, I'm not flying my time-traveling Delorean so I can't do those)

Most BART station have designated pick up areas, but Pax doesn't know that. So yes, you look like a noob sometimes when Pax is at BART and you are too, likely in different places. Just wait your 5 min or 2 min and cancel.

Also, some buildings in SOMA have rear and back and side entrances, so the map sends you there. Verify with Pax when the last street in Map doesn't match the destination.

Last edited:

Ringo

I always tell pax in the future take a short walk from the station to a nearby street and you will be picked up much faster. Not every driver knows every corner of all the bart stations

Ringo

There are many stations in the middle of the freeway. Lafayette, Orinda, Rockbridge, 12th, Pittsburgh, Dublin, Castrol probably a few more

drexl_s

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, I just have to remember those, and validate the pin, so I don't stay or get on freeway and drive extra mile or two. This pax complained I took her farther than I needed to and said her fare was supposed to be 4.75 and it was more. I gave her two bucks and told her to have a nice day. Not worth the hassle, still gave me less than 5 stars, but at least ride was over.

WorkHardPlayHard

Yeah, I just have to remember those, and validate the pin, so I don't stay or get on freeway and drive extra mile or two. This pax complained I took her farther than I needed to and said her fare was supposed to be 4.75 and it was more. I gave her two bucks and told her to have a nice day. Not worth the hassle, still gave me less than 5 stars, but at least ride was over.
I hope you rated her 1 star. I would not have given her 2 bucks. She might try to pull the same thing to save a couple bucks on her next rides, but can't fool me girl!

Why didn't she get off her high horse and direct you if she knows best.

When riders try to dispute fare changes because of navigation, they rarely get refunded.
Sometimes we miss an exit or turn. It doesn't mean we should pay for every missed turn or exit. Humans aren't robots and I'm sorry I don't have the road to your home address memorized?
They want us to take them from A to B. I am trying my best to take the shortest route already, so don't try to tell me I went farther.

Your 2 bucks probably paid her more than the fare.

They already don't tip and dare to complain about a couple blocks difference from the gps route? Lololol how low can some pax go?

RedoBeach

Next time save yourself the hassle and tell her you'll have Uber adjust it for her. And then call her a cab. :smiles:

drexl_s

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
One star, and to me, two bucks was worth getting her out with all her bags. Rather be on my way than deal with crap like that.

WorkHardPlayHard

Don't even promise her anything. Just tell her if she has any problems, please feel free to talk to Uber. Tell her you did your best to make sure you took the shortest route to your ability, and get her safe from A to B. If she wanted a different route, she should have told you beforehand and that she can end the ride here and call another driver.

Assertive, but non confrontational words.
We are not their babysitters who can baby talk to them.

To all the complaints about pax, some adults haven't been taught about boundaries, etiquette, empathy from young age.
We as other adults in this society should not tolerate their behavior as acceptable.
If we keep tolerating their behavior, they will never change.

Giving her 2 bucks because she whines about few blocks is only reinforcing her own lack of judgment.
But I understand if you just wanted to get rid f her in your car.
Who knows what else she does to other people in the service industry.

Last edited: