1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Featured Banned from Uber for "Illegal" Left Turn that the App had me do!

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Cossio, Nov 28, 2017.

?
  1. Yes

76 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. No

145 vote(s)
    65.6%
  1. Cossio

Cossio Member

So I've been driving for over two years and nearly 9,000 rides under my belt.

Over the weekend I picked up a THOT my last ride. It was a Pool, the GPS told me to do an immediate left turn down 63rd Street. As I was making my turn the PAX said "you can't turn here" I told her I don't see anything (I didn't). Now this was the dead of night. I went back there later and saw that it is a "NO LEFT TURN (arrow)" sign. This was not on the pole, but the rafters of the viaduct, very difficult to spot. I dropped off the PAX and she did not even close my door all the way, I yelled (edit: just loud enough so she can hear me) at her (to close the door) and closed it myself, I had already rated her a "5" before discovering this. As I am driving home I get a support message for "safety". I explain my situation. Here is the response:

Well nearly a week later I get this gem:

I don't know what the other one's are for, I don't remember the dates but I'm sure they are far from the present. My response was succinct:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  2. Cableguynoe

Cableguynoe Well-Known Member

If the Uber GPS sent you off a cliff, would you take that turn?

3. Cossio

Cossio Member

That's not a good analogy. The street's intersection is not clearly labeled and it was a logical assumption to make a perfectly legal turn.

4. Cableguynoe

Cableguynoe Well-Known Member

You stated to Uber that their app has sent you the wrong way down one ways, multiple times!!!
    Were all those not clearly labeled also?

5. Ribak

Ribak Well-Known Member

Looks like you were finally caught. Please drive safely and obey the rules.

6. Cossio

Cossio Member

Not every street corner has a one-way sign in Chicago. Second, I did not turn down all of them, maybe one or two that did not have the sign.

Not everyone lives in California.

Please don't comment if you haven't read the post, I have to go over the facts again.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2017
  7. Ribak

Ribak Well-Known Member

Bad attitudes

Ezridax, Rakos and Tihstae like this.
  8. CC SalesVP

CC SalesVP Member

Driving:
    UberX

I remember this case. Your left turn "misunderstanding" was far from a unique occurrence, "Cossio." The decision to end Uber's partnership with you is all for the best.

9. Robkaaa

Robkaaa Active Member

I bet they didn't deactivate you because of this turn. I bet they deactivate you because last rider left quite a feedback about the ride, and obviously you had complaints before.
    What was your rating?

Agent037 and Rakos like this.
  10. MoreTips

MoreTips Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss of your Uber driver privileges CossioCossio. Every driver is one pax away from deactivation.

The most entertaining jobs in the world would be the Uber reps that get the return emails from all the deactivated drivers. Can you imagine the laughter they have hearing from disenfranchised drivers giving they worst regards to Uber. They better just hope their location is never hacked.

Taxi2Uber, flyntflossy10 and Rakos like this.
  11. Cossio

Cossio Member

The ride was like 5 minutes lol. It was two turns. I think my last rating was 4.83.

Have no idea about the other ones, how long ago they were. I did get a "comfot" as my last complaint apparently for not having the heat on enough for the rider.

You remember squat, this just happened unless you work for Uber in the Chicago area. I'd like you to tell me how turning down a road with your own app is grounds for dismissal.

The last complaint I had was for "comfort" for not having the heat on enough for the rider. I'd like to see you defend that as well you phony.

EDIT: Mistakenly put 3.84 as MY rating, my driver rating is 4.83

Rakos likes this.
  12. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust Well-Known Member

Unfortunately with uber you’re guilty until proven innocent. With 9k rides and I assume a good rating I hope you’re able to work it out and get reactivated. If not I’m sure you can work for Lyft.

rubidoux, LA_Native, MoreTips and 2 others like this.
  13. Robkaaa

Robkaaa Active Member

3.84 wow. If you are lower than 4.7 uber reserve the right to deactivate you.

14. CC SalesVP

CC SalesVP Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Meltdown.

You've already been deactivated and that's all there is to it. Uber's decision is final. Good luck on your next undertaking.

15. Cossio

Cossio Member

No, I'm suing them. You don't design a ****ty GPS and ban drivers for following it in an ambiguous situation, here is a pic of the intersection, exactly in my frame of reference:

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.780...4!1syLU8fJxi_lwyizypb9QcTg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

And another farther back a little to the left:

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.780...4!1sCaI-Wjmql18e6JtquDT8Cg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Now, keep in mind it was the dead of night, making that small no-left turn sign insignificant.

You also are disregarding the previous email that said, and I quote:

16. MadePenniesToday

MadePenniesToday Well-Known Member

He asked for YOUR rating, not the riders.

17. 4.9 forever

4.9 forever Well-Known Member

I am glad you are no longer dragging down our reputation. 3.8? wow!

18. Cossio

Cossio Member

EDIT: sorry I miss read, my Driver Rating is 4.83

EDIT: sorry I miss read, my Driver Rating is 4.83

Thanks, I fixed it: my Last Driver Rating is 4.83

19. CC SalesVP

CC SalesVP Member

Driving:
    UberX

[​IMG]

Lowestformofwit, Lissetti and Rakos like this.
  20. DocT

DocT Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    California, especially Downtown LA is notorious for 1-way streets.

I've done the "follow the GPS no matter what because it's gotta be correct" route once, and it took me to a 1-way residential street. It was odd why all the cars where parked in the opposing direction of my driving, on the 1-lane road. Did my pick-up, and my pax told me to make a u-turn using her driveway, because it's a 1-way street. DOH! I did not see the sign. Pax said no one can see the sign either. She still gave me a 5*.

Never trust the GPS. DO trust your eyes, experience, and judgement.