• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Bankrupt: I'm going back to driving a taxi soon.

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Normally, this is painfully embarrassing, but I have to tell, so others know they are not alone.

Financed car is more trouble than it is worth; combined with huge hospital bill! I tried to stabilize things with Chapter 13 payment plan after first car was totaled. Uber fired me over fraudulent complaint, and my earnings suffered too much, making me stay out there way too long to keep up with my bills.

Lyft, Doordash cannot allow a man to support himself. They strive on market saturation and low pay. Every month I have to get an oil change. Last month it was transmission fluid, oil, filters (cabin, oil, engine); now brake pads are worn down to 3mm, let alone brake fluid change suggestion.

NO HEALTH INSURANCE.

Hospital bills went over $20,000.00, and soon as collections finds out I'm Chapter 13, they will want to add to it; thus, causing my payment plan to sky rocket.

I drove a taxi in Chattanooga two years before financing a car for rideshare. At least I can carry a firearm and not worry about star ratings!

EphLux

Normally, this is painfully embarrassing, but I have to tell, so others know they are not alone.

Financed car is more trouble than it is worth; combined with huge hospital bill! I tried to stabilize things with Chapter 13 payment plan after first car was totaled. Uber fired me over fraudulent complaint, and my earnings suffered too much, making me stay out there way too long to keep up with my bills.

Lyft, Doordash cannot allow a man to support himself. They strive on market saturation and low pay. Every month I have to get an oil change. Last month it was transmission fluid, oil, filters (cabin, oil, engine); now brake pads are worn down to 3mm, let alone brake fluid change suggestion.

NO HEALTH INSURANCE.

Hospital bills went over $20,000.00, and soon as collections finds out I'm Chapter 13, they will want to add to it; thus, causing my payment plan to sky rocket.

I drove a taxi in Chattanooga two years before financing a car for rideshare. At least I can carry a firearm and not worry about star ratings!
Why not convert to a chapter 7 and clear out all your debts?

AlteredBeast

If all you were doing was ridesharing, even a really backwards red state would allow you to get massively subsidized or even free health insurance. I am in one of the most conservative non-confederate flag-loving states, and my wife and I both qualified for heavily subsidized Obamacare.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
If all you were doing was ridesharing, even a really backwards red state would allow you to get massively subsidized or even free health insurance. I am in one of the most conservative non-confederate flag-loving states, and my wife and I both qualified for heavily subsidized Obamacare.
FB_IMG_1481194780279.jpg

Thing

Luckily in Australia we have free health care, although if you need an operation you're put on a waiting list which can take many years..

Thus I take private health ins as well.. I don't understand why people don't insure things...
  1. yourself - the most important thing to keep fit, healthy & working properly
  2. your house & contents - a storm can destroy everything, such as a lightening bolt starting a fire etc
  3. car - it could be just sitting on the road & someone loses control then crashes into you or if you crash into someone - big $$$ to pay for you, your car, their car & them + legal costs :eek: insurance is an annoying expense you don't always use it, but when you need it .... :smiles: you'll be glad you have it

Juggalo9er

NO HEALTH INSURANCE.

The repayment plan is based on disposabe income, not really debt

TheDevilisaParttimer

NO HEALTH INSURANCE.

Learn to drive a forklift many recruitment agencies offer free training. Do it now while the economy is hot.

jaxbeachrides

I don't think your plan is going to work.

I was making it on lyft alone before deactivation for no reason.

I could never make it going back to a taxi. Starting out every day 100$ in debt with all the good cash business gone to uber and lyft? No way.

Perhaps a regular job and work lyft on the side.