1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Bank Acct Negative. Thanks Lyft!!

Discussion in 'Lyft' started by Oak510, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Oak510

Oak510 New Member

Ive been browsing the forum for some time now. Being that im a 5 star rated driver who uses the lyft rental program i must share to help others avoid my mistake..

Summer 16' i started driving lyft. Driving 32hrs a week i was making 1200-1500.. Was going so good i even quit my job , reason being that express pay would let me work and cashout instantly whatever money i made... Then Lyft made a change that no longer allowed express drivers to instantly cashout...

As a result, they made it so i must complete 75 rides a week or else they charge $200 to my bank account... Well last week i did 69 rides, made $318, minus $200 fot the car and left with $118... After paying bills, i dont even have funds for gas to drive this week... Meaning next week another $200 will be deducted becuase i dont have gas/ toll money tondrive this week... I dont even have money for food..If i had express pay i could make $100 in 4hrs, cashout, fill my tank and keep driving... Now i find myself looking for places to donate blood/ doing illegal shyt risking my freedom just to get by... not to mention becuase of this my rent is late and im pleading with my landlord not to evict me after 9yrs...

I am not the first or last in this situation, has anyone else considered a lyft strike? This is total bullshyt and not cool.. Especially when your a 5 star driver who is helping build a positive rep

2. elelegido

elelegido Well-Known Member

You made hay while the sun shone. You should have kept some hay.

3. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Imagine how it will be when they replace us all with Robo Cars.
    It will be without notice,just like every other change they make.

4. JTR

JTR Active Member

Hmm i must say keep it up 75 trips or give up rental program.

5. CNguyen415

CNguyen415 Member

$318 in 69 trips damn thats low

macchiato and JTR like this.

6. ChortlingCrison

ChortlingCrison Well-Known Member

That sounds about right!

Andre Benjamin 6000 and JTR like this.
  7. Oak510

Oak510 New Member

My error, that was for oneday actually on 29 rides.. Completed one more ride that day in particualar for 30 total rides.

Attached Files:

JTR likes this.
  8. JTR

JTR Active Member

New year day screen shot you made 364 thats good:) lyft guaranteed money here was 620 up to 14hrs :) idk why you are complaining:)

9. Oak510

Oak510 New Member

Yeah that was a decent sunday, but im speaking overall sine i starter driving last summer.. But i most def have goood days from time to time

10. JTR

JTR Active Member

Start fishing:)

11. Andre Benjamin 6000

Andre Benjamin 6000 Well-Known Member

Lol!

12. Trump Economics

Trump Economics Well-Known Member

Response from Lyft!

"You're welcome."

Cheers, Lyft Support

13. Drivingforprofit

Drivingforprofit Member

Buddy I feel your pain.

JTR likes this.
  14. luvgurl22

luvgurl22 Well-Known Member

A lot of drivers are in your predicament unfortunately.Most take out loans so as to make up their expenses.The rental program sucks.If you can get your own vehicle I suggest you do so because being a full time driver (I am also),you're going to need access to funds in order to fuel your car,toll,etc

Lag Monkey likes this.
  15. Dammit Mazzacane

Dammit Mazzacane Well-Known Member

Your business margins appear to be too razor thin if your Lyft income is being eaten by your Lyft rental cost. Just from a first glance.

16. Lag Monkey

Lag Monkey Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm in your situation! I use express drive and I do this as a full time job after my longtime job got outsourced to Mexico:/ I had trouble finding something that paid the same. I started doing uber and it was awesome at first then rates got cut and I ended up working at a restaurant to make ends meet. I moved to SF for my girls job and got on lyft. It's definitely doable out here but Iv ended up having unexpected expenses that have wiped out my bank account. I literally relied on express pay to eat, put gas in my car when they took it away I was stuck with an empty tank, no way to return the car, and no way to buy food. I thought about stealing from Safeway but never did and I was too embarrassed to ask for money from family so I ended up taking out pay day loans. Lyft if you are reading this bring back express pay people are struggling in this economy unfortunately. Many of us need express pay to live