• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Baffling Error

elelegido

No, not my decision to start working for Uber; I'm talking about an error which occurred tonight while online.

I got a ping and phoned the customer to confirm the pickup location. While talking to him the app went back to the online, waiting-for-a-ping screen. I asked the pax if he had cancelled and he said no. He said that his screen said driver en route, and that the driver was called Eunice. Evidently Uber took the ride from me and gave it to Eunice, whoever she might be.

Has anyone else had this?

Fuzzyelvis

No, not my decision to start working for Uber; I'm talking about an error which occurred tonight while online.

I got a ping and phoned the customer to confirm the pickup location. While talking to him the app went back to the online, waiting-for-a-ping screen. I asked the pax if he had cancelled and he said no. He said that his screen said driver en route, and that the driver was called Eunice. Evidently Uber took the ride from me and gave it to Eunice, whoever she might be.

Has anyone else had this?
Are you sure there's not something you're not telling us (ahem) Eunice?

Emp9

its a glitch it happened to me, i accept the ping then im on my way then it glitches and im at the opening screen no pax nothing. only once that i can remember. another time i called pax but it was the one before. so it never transfered to the next pax, i was waiting over 7 min , so i think the pax never got my text or call.

painfreepc

here's something to ponder, A few nights a go, had pax tell me, that I was not the same driver shown on the app when the trip started, pax said she got a massage that said, do to some kind of error, uber has located a new driver.

Oh My

here's something to ponder, A few nights a go, had pax tell me, that I was not the same driver shown on the app when the trip started, pax said she got a massage that said, do to some kind of error, uber has located a new driver.
The other driver probably just got deactivated.

elelegido

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That could be it; I had been losing data connection intermittently.

painfreepc

Update:
This happened to me a few days a go, I ordered An uber for my mom, as i writing down driver name, phone number and license plate number to give to my mom,

The driver and car changed to another driver and car right in front of my eyes with no warning at all..

DocT

Maybe you've entered the Twilight Zone!

App has been glitchy the past few days. There were times when I couldn't close the [android] app either or go offline. The app would flicker as if closing, and re-appear back to where it was.