Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Bad UBER passengers who give Drivers bad Star ratings

3K views 17 replies 18 participants last post by  toi 
#1 ·
I have a typical example yesterday where I got a 1 Star..(My life long rating is 4.83. Since Uber started UberPOOL in Miami its nothing but a pain I can quote several examples of issues with UberPool. This call last night for Pool request, we are supposed to wait 2 exact minutes for rider to arrive or we can cancel I called Rider in 2 minute two scantily dressed girls walked up at first they seem calm I politely told them Pool we cannot wait more then 2 minutes. Usually I gauge THE RIDER BEFORE I CLICK ON 'START TRIP' to see if they are nice folks. In few cases if they are rude or angry upfront I cancel the trip ask them to leave BEFORE clicking on START trip as once in a trip you cannot cancel and you have to take all the crap from the rider or they ruin your Star rating. After I clicked START the younger girl was LOUD she said I have to wait 5 minutes, asking me where I am from and started insulting me - oh I know you are middle eastern you guys treat your women like crap Blah Blah and even used the F@&* word, she went on to say that she will give me 1 STAR and if 2 more people give me 1 star I will be barred from uber!.. I KEPT quiet in fear she will ruin my rating but towards the end I said I will complain about abusive language rudeness etc. and she replied she will complain I abused her??? WHOA for a $2 profit I had to take all that crap ( Pool rates are cheaper and we never get 2nd ride within that trip to make profit) I gave her 1 star and complained to Uber who replied '..if this Rider does anything like this in future they will take some action.. AND this is just ONE of Many bad passengers I have had in past :( What's your take on this ? what would you have done during and after the trip?

See less See more
#4 ·
Eventually you'll pick up 4 heavy-set middle aged women from an Applebee's at 10 o'clock ...they're tipsy, loud and obnoxious. They'll cackle and talk over each other for the entire 2.1 mile ride..

When you get to the destination they'll take like 3 minutes to get out of the car..

Your leather seats will be all wrinkled up...your car will reak of Elizabeth Taylor fingerhutt perfume, appletinis and baby powder...

They'll all make sure you hear them say thanks, theyll call you 4 different names none of which are yours..

They won't tip..

You'll check the app and you've made $2.69

And you'll do it again..

And I'll laugh at you everytime I pass you on the highway and I see your stupid Uber phone mounted to the windshield.

LoL

#7 ·
Once they said they would 1 star you what possible reason would you have to continue the ride? Just turn off ignition until they leave. I can't believe you guys actually take pool rides. Is Uber making you take them? Oh.. And don't tell passengers how long you can wait. Just leave when you feel they have taken too long.

#9 ·
The problem with Uber Pool is that the users abuse it. They request Uber Pool for a cheap ride. Even if they know that they might have to share the vehicle, they do not want to do that. Either they threaten you with a one-star if you take that other request or they say nothing and one-star you anyhow.

For now, I am accepting Uber Pool requests. When I get there, the passenger gets in and I ask "Did you order Uber Pool or UberX?" If they respond "Uber Pool", I remind them what that involves. If they balk, I cancel the trip. If they reply "UberX", I tell them that I have them as "Uber Pool", explain what that means, and ask if they are "still willin' *". If "yes", I continue. If "no", I cancel the trip and tell them to re-request and make sure that they have selected "UberX". I let them know that on some contraptions, the thing defaults to "Uber Pool".

If the hassle continues, I will simply accept no more Uber Pool requests. I drive UberX little enough as it is, so they can wail about my acceptance rate all that they will.

One thing that Uber could do to help the drivers on this is not count any rating below five stars on this, or, not give the user an opportunity to rate at all.

#13 ·
You shouldn't have said anything about the two minutes. Either cancel and move on or say nothing and take the pax. You guaranteed your one star there, and cemented it when you complained to the pax about their language. Cancel, send message to uber complaining about them before they have a chance to complain about you.

#14 ·
Eventually you'll pick up 4 heavy-set middle aged women from an Applebee's at 10 o'clock ...they're tipsy, loud and obnoxious. They'll cackle and talk over each other for the entire 2.1 mile ride..

When you get to the destination they'll take like 3 minutes to get out of the car..

Your leather seats will be all wrinkled up...your car will reak of Elizabeth Taylor fingerhutt perfume, appletinis and baby powder...

They'll all make sure you hear them say thanks, theyll call you 4 different names none of which are yours..

They won't tip..

And you'll do it again..

And I'll laugh at you everytime I pass you on the highway and I see your stupid Uber phone mounted to the windshield.

LoL
You are hilarious! LMAO!

#15 ·

They won't tip..

And you'll do it again..

LoL
You mean, mean man...LMAO!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.