Bad TLC driver takes the bait

Inshur

Evlesoa

Recorded this with my Z4 Plus Dash Cam. Don't drive like this guy... seriously... bad TLC driver, bad. When I turned around, I saw his passenger yelling at him. Was definitely an Uber driver.

unitxero

UBER Emp #2266971
How is the TLC driver infront a bad driver? The silver town car that came up behind him while passing on a solid white line was road raging hard and then the silver town car brake checks him after passing him. And you were doing nothing to help by pounding your horn like a headless chicken when you see what's going on is out of his control.

Evlesoa

How is the TLC driver infront a bad driver? The silver town car that came up behind him while passing on a solid white line was road raging hard and then the silver town car brake checks him after passing him. And you were doing nothing to help by pounding your horn like a headless chicken when you see what's going on is out of his control.
Oh, yeah, side with the TLC driver. Did you notice that after the silver car did that d-bag move, the Camry could have backed off and let the idiot pass? It's that simple to diffuse the situation. Instead, the TLC driver goes after him and proves that he's willing to put himself onto the "I'm the new #1 idiot" pedestal. Why? There's no point in chasing that guy. All you're doing is biting the bait. And that's what the TLC driver did. Not engaging is the hardest part of driving on the road.

Why would you tell your pax you used to drag race? Was that you honking? Ehhh
Because I used to drag race. She was talking about her friends drag racing manuals and how she wanted to learn to race a manual. That part of the video was cut out, though, so no one knows how the conversation came to that. I don't just broadcast that I used to drag race to anyone. It happened many years ago, and there's no proof of it other than my words. Saying I took LSD some point in my life doesn't make it true.

unitxero

UBER Emp #2266971
Oh, yeah, side with the TLC driver. Did you notice that after the silver car did that d-bag move, the Camry could have backed off and let the idiot pass? It's that simple to diffuse the situation. Instead, the TLC driver goes after him and proves that he's willing to put himself onto the "I'm the new #1 idiot" pedestal. Why? There's no point in chasing that guy. All you're doing is biting the bait. And that's what the TLC driver did. Not engaging is the hardest part of driving on the road.

Because I used to drag race. She was talking about her friends drag racing manuals and how she wanted to learn to race a manual. That part of the video was cut out, though, so no one knows how the conversation came to that. I don't just broadcast that I used to drag race to anyone. It happened many years ago, and there's no proof of it other than my words. Saying I took LSD some point in my life doesn't make it true.

What video are you watching? I see the silver towncar overtake him, and immediately he brake checks the TLC car, and the TLC car changes lanes to give the road raging dude his space and what does the silver town car do? Goes into his lane and tries to slow him down, even more, then the TLC car attempt's to not be stopped and change lanes again. You don't know what that dude is going to do when you stop if he's going to come out swinging or pull a gun or some shit. You're really thinking stopping was the BEST solution here? Think a little harder. Nowhere in this video did the TLC driver chase him.

Keep honking

Evlesoa

What video are you watching? I see the silver towncar overtake him, and immediately he brake checks the TLC car, and the TLC car changes lanes to give the road raging dude his space and what does the silver town car do? Goes into his lane and tries to slow him down, even more, then the TLC car attempt's to not be stopped and change lanes again. You don't know what that dude is going to do when you stop if he's going to come out swinging or pull a gun or some shit. You're really thinking stopping was the BEST solution here? Think a little harder. Nowhere in this video did the TLC driver chase him.

Keep honking

The best solution was to slow down and get behind a different car. You can clearly see the part where the silver car moves from right to left and the Camry FOLLOWS. How is that the "right" thing to do? And no one wanted to stop. There was no choice. The guy stopped and moved over, and there were cars to the left.

How narrow minded can you be? You realize this is the FDR? You know what's it's like to travel on the FDR with two lanes that are narrowed to one and then expanded to two instead of the regular three? Traffic everywhere. The honking was to make him move over faster. You have a lack of depth perception and a problem with relative speed. Go get your eyes checked.

Oh, and let me give you a relevant scenario: If you are attacked and you come back with a weapon rather than fleeing the scene, you're still going to get arrested. Why? Because the law sees it this way: you had a chance to escape, and you didn't. The same for the Camry: he should have stayed waaaay back. Instead, he moved with the car as it changed lanes. If forward is not an option, slowing down and waiting for other cars to catch up is.

Don't try to excuse the driver's behavior. If there were a car crash, this would be a 50/50. I guarantee it. I've seen it happen before. You clearly haven't had enough car crashes in your life time to understand it from the insurance company's perspective.

Last edited:

unitxero

UBER Emp #2266971
Keep honking, you're good at it at least. You were as useful to that driver as that town car was to that highway traffic flow. When someone tries to control your life on the road as that town car did to that Camry, I'd love to see what you do. Post a clip.

Lol I've been driving for 11 years and I've never had an accident occur to me. Who cares what an insurance company cares for? They aren't going to save you.

Evlesoa

Keep honking, you're good at it at least. You were as useful to that driver as that town car was to that highway traffic flow. When someone tries to control your life on the road as that town car did to that Camry, I'd love to see what you do. Post a clip.

Except I don't get into those situations, and every time that I have been in situations with drivers trying to rush their way through, I never stick around near such a vehicle. Never had such issues in my many years of driving. The proper maneuver is to distance yourself from whoever is doing that, even if it means to slow down to a crawl and move 4 lanes over. It's called defensive driving. Maybe something you took some time ago? Hmm?

unitxero

UBER Emp #2266971
You just can't accept the TLC driver was a victim of road rage, and he did EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to avoid the dude and the road rager FOLLOWED him.

Evlesoa

You just can't accept the TLC driver was a victim of road rage, and he did EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to avoid the dude and the road rager FOLLOWED him.

Okay. Whatever alternate reality suits you. Have a good night--time to sleep for me.

Brooklyn

It kind of looks like the TLC car high beamed the Crown Vic which may have ticked the Crown Vic off?

I'm kind of lost as to why the TLC driver is bad? he got cut off, tried switching lanes to go around, got cut off again, and then pulled over I guess to give more space between him and the Crown Vic?.. like he clearly did what you mentioned and just left the situation alone and pulled over. What did you want him to do? wait behind the Crown Vic and put the car in park on the FDR? granted the TLC driver probably was gonna pull up next to the crown vic and curse him out.. I don't see the TLC driver being wrong.

Rick N.

It's all the crown vic's doing ,don't know what the Camry did to piss him off, but it seemed to me like he was just trying to avoid him.

bigdreamslittlemoney

The best solution was to slow down and get behind a different car. You can clearly see the part where the silver car moves from right to left and the Camry FOLLOWS. How is that the "right" thing to do? And no one wanted to stop. There was no choice. The guy stopped and moved over, and there were cars to the left.

How narrow minded can you be? You realize this is the FDR? You know what's it's like to travel on the FDR with two lanes that are narrowed to one and then expanded to two instead of the regular three? Traffic everywhere. The honking was to make him move over faster. You have a lack of depth perception and a problem with relative speed. Go get your eyes checked.

Oh, and let me give you a relevant scenario: If you are attacked and you come back with a weapon rather than fleeing the scene, you're still going to get arrested. Why? Because the law sees it this way: you had a chance to escape, and you didn't. The same for the Camry: he should have stayed waaaay back. Instead, he moved with the car as it changed lanes. If forward is not an option, slowing down and waiting for other cars to catch up is.

Don't try to excuse the driver's behavior. If there were a car crash, this would be a 50/50. I guarantee it. I've seen it happen before. You clearly haven't had enough car crashes in your life time to understand it from the insurance company's perspective.

every one here thinks it is the silver car why. the TLC car was break checked for 5 to 7 secs then he decided this guy is crazy so decided to slow down. you honking didn't help the guy make his decision faster just made him more nervous. I think you decided he was a bad driver when he merged into traffic from 62 st exit thats why you calling him bad driver. but Incident 1 has nothing to do with incident 2

LOl even your passenger says look look it s the other car lol

Lenny_yellow_cab

Crap went from 0 to 100 real quick.

Wait a minute, u have a stick shift?!? Dam it i shud have bought a manual smh

I don’t know what exactly happened up ahead because it’s hard to see but there is no excuse for the silver cars Actions.

Typical case of road rage.

Problem also was that the horn honking and the guy in the Durango with his sirens weren’t helping, it was merely making the TLC driver more nervous and i could imagine the pax yelling in his ear.

Situation could have been handled way better but it takes experience and a great deal of patience.

kg42

tlc car is camry hybrid, those cars have no pedal feel you ether not stopping or hard braking like you see here.

zagae

Recorded this with my Z4 Plus Dash Cam. Don't drive like this guy... seriously... bad TLC driver, bad. When I turned around, I saw his passenger yelling at him. Was definitely an Uber driver.

Why did you keep honking? You are bad driver, idiot, nothing wrong with that black camry driver.

SilentKnight

Unrelated but why do most of you speed up to a red light only to hit the brakes hard. Most of you are horrible drivers. When the light turns green and you make a left or a right turn…you know the light will be red at the next intersection. I see some of you accelerating hard out of a turn while I catch up to you like a grandma at the same light. Save your brake pads and gas money.
Learn how to keep distance in rush hour traffic. For example going to JFK at 4pm on the van wyck, I keep a distance of 2 cars and let ppl in all they want. I barely touch the brakes the whole way. I already know the average speed is 11 mph.

Last edited:

Lenny_yellow_cab

Unrelated but why do most of you speed up to a ref light only to hit the brakes hard. Most of you are horrible drivers. When the light turns green and you make a left of a right turn…you know the light will be red at the next intersection. I see some of you accelerating hard out of a turn while I catch up to you like a grandma at the same light. Save your brake pads and gas money.
Learn how to keep distance in rush hour traffic. For example going to JFK at 4pm on the van wyck, I keep a distance of 2 cars and let ppl in all they want. I barely touch the brakes the whole way. I already know the average speed is 11 mph.

Because its a race to the bottom lol

Me and you drive very similarly.

My cousin who love to slam on his brakes has changed his brake pads 3 times and I am yet to change mine and we have similar mileage :rolleyes:

Inshur New York