Bad pax of the day thread......

LevelX

Well I'll start it off...... Long 15 min ping, it had been dead, so I took it as it was 'roughly' in the direction I was going anyhow. So might as well accept it, rather than continue the dead run.

Arrived, waited 3 mins.... so a total of 18 mins since booking.... Guy finally appears and jumps in, little rough looking. Then says there is one more coming. Ok.... waiting, she rocks up and gets in. Then I'm like WTF!? The lady (if you can call her that), HAS A CUP OF COFFEE!!!? and not a cup with a lid, a standard cup you would have in the house! Open top!!!? FML.

Anyhow it was a decent fare, so I just ignored it. I couldn't be bothered dealing with that crap today. I'm thinking if there is a spillage I'll be putting a cleaning fee in.

Anyhow arrived, no spills, still 1* them for that sort of crap. Fare wasn't bad, so can't complain!

daredevil

Well I'll start it off...... Long 15 min ping, it had been dead, so I took it as it was 'roughly' in the direction I was going anyhow. So might as well accept it, rather than continue the dead run.

Arrived, waited 3 mins.... so a total of 18 mins since booking.... Guy finally appears and jumps in, little rough looking. Then says there is one more coming. Ok.... waiting, she rocks up and gets in. Then I'm like WTF!? The lady (if you can call her that), HAS A CUP OF COFFEE!!!? and not a cup with a lid, a standard cup you would have in the house! Open top!!!? FML.

Anyhow it was a decent fare, so I just ignored it. I couldn't be bothered dealing with that crap today. I'm thinking if there is a spillage I'll be putting a cleaning fee in.

Anyhow arrived, no spills, still 1* them for that sort of crap. Fare wasn't bad, so can't complain!
In order to avoid getting dissappointed dont take over 7-8 mins. Or over 3km trip.... unless its a desperately quiet day.
Numbers will show 90% of ride are around the 10$ mark and sometimes the wear and tare isnt worth it.
Just on saturday night i drove 5.5km and then this girl went around 500 metres haha. 4.8$. Easy to be upset at pax... but my fault too for even driving that far, but uber need to make trips minimum 10$. We arent a bus service.

Last edited by a moderator:
In order to avoid getting dissappointed dont take over 7-8 mins. Or over 3km trip.... unless its a desperately quiet day.
Numbers will show 90% of ride are around the 10$ mark and sometimes the wear and tare isnt worth it.
Just on saturday night i drove 5.5km and then this girl went around 500 metres haha. 4.8$. Easy to be upset at pax... but my fault too for even driving that far, but f*ck uber need to make trips minimum 10$. We arent a bus service.
Is that your rule of thumb? Avoid trips more than 7-8 minutes away? I like it. That feels about right.

LevelX

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My rule is under 10 mins, and yes as I said, it was a DEAD morning, so I took the job that I would normally let time out.

but f*ck uber need to make trips minimum 10$
Keep the minimum as it is, of $6, but ramp up the book fee, per km and per min costs by 20%..... That way a true min fare would be only a few blocks.

joffie

The same lady that I picked up pinged me again this morning. 17 minute. I accepted and she cancelled straight away.

I hope the next driver was 30 minutes away :biggrin:.

Then, it surged like hell in Glen Waverley lol.

LevelX

The same lady that I picked up pinged me again this morning. 17 minute. I accepted and she cancelled straight away.
I really hate it when they do that.... Its like, come on.... I'm sucking up a 17 min drive to you, you can wait!

Was it a long 'fare'? I can't remember.

Then, it surged like hell in Glen Waverley lol.
Nice...

Morning was pretty crap for me. Looking at the pax app, not many cars around and I was getting pings 15+ mins away. I was kicked out before I left my street in the morning from long jobs. Then again in the city a couple of times. In the city and getting jobs 15-18 mins away. NO WAY, the traffic was hell today!

All crappy jobs, I was about to head home and in a flash of surge, I picked up a LOOONG 1.9x surge job, so that made the morning so much better. I called it quits early as I was close to home.

Might go out later if the weather is bad, but seriously getting over these long ETA, short morning trips. Not making any money Uber!! So won't be driving much longer.

How was your morning Graham J ?

sporadic

If in inner city suburbs, nothing more than 3 min. LevelX and joffie live out in Zone 2 so they have to expand their ETA radius.

7-8 min is too far even for me. Not sure where daredevil hangs around but if he hangs arouns Zone 2 areas as well then 7-8 min would be ok. I'd do 10 min in places like Rowville (when I'm desperate to get a westward trip to go home), but if I'm home I don't take anything more than 5 min unless my destination filter is on and I'm sure of getting a ping that will get me to my desired postcode.

Is that your rule of thumb? Avoid trips more than 7-8 minutes away? I like it. That feels about right.

whatsataxi

Hi all, just signed up to the forum so my bad pax aint from today but I'll share anyway.

Get a job to the corner of brunswick and johnson streets, busy saturday night. Nowhere to do a u-turn so I pull over on the opposite corner. Call the pax and tell her where I am. she's on the other side of the road looking at me as I talk to her. She asks why I parked there instead of where she is. I look at the traffic and say this is the only place to safely stop - she hangs up and cancels the job 'cause she's too frickin lazy to walk across the road lol.

sporadic

I wouldn't have bothered to call. Wait 5 min 5 sec, cancel no-show, bye.

That's what UXDriver would do too.

Idiots who can't understand traffic and stopping should pay for Uber education.

Hi all, just signed up to the forum so my bad pax aint from today but I'll share anyway.

Get a job to the corner of brunswick and johnson streets, busy saturday night. Nowhere to do a u-turn so I pull over on the opposite corner. Call the pax and tell her where I am. she's on the other side of the road looking at me as I talk to her. She asks why I parked there instead of where she is. I look at the traffic and say this is the only place to safely stop - she hangs up and cancels the job 'cause she's too frickin lazy to walk across the road lol.

laureb

If in inner city suburbs, nothing more than 3 min. LevelX and joffie live out in Zone 2 so they have to expand their ETA radius.

7-8 min is too far even for me. Not sure where daredevil hangs around but if he hangs arouns Zone 2 areas as well then 7-8 min would be ok. I'd do 10 min in places like Rowville (when I'm desperate to get a westward trip to go home), but if I'm home I don't take anything more than 5 min unless my destination filter is on and I'm sure of getting a ping that will get me to my desired postcode.
Each one has his own rule . Mine is 5 mins in CBD and nearby suburbs , if outer I always call the pax first and confirm if the trip is going to be a short . If short , I told them they better cancel it and request another one where a driver closer will pick it . We all know that it's really not worth it driving 15 mins for a 5 min trip . I know some drivers will do it , that's fine , but me personally I think it's not worth it at all . $4.80 for 20 mins , you gotta be desperate for that . Like said , if I filter destination and the journey is on my way, then may be .

eXperiment

Just on saturday night i drove 5.5km and then this girl went around 500 metres haha. 4.8$. Easy to be upset at pax... but my fault too for even driving that far, but uber need to make trips minimum 10$. We arent a bus service.
you still scraped through based on overall kays v dollars on this one I would have thought, even if only from an 'old days' taxi perspective

where it kinda sux is when it takes you further away from the action

LevelX

Correct... Out in the burbs its 10 mins for me.... If I was in the inner city, then yeah 10 mins wouldn't cut it and thats what happened this morning for the long pings.... just nope.

So it does depend on the area you're working. If you only work inner burbs, then yes 10 mins is 'years' away. In the burbs, jobs are further apart, BUT that does mean they are longer trips as well MOST of the time. So more $$$$.

if outer I always call the pax first and confirm if the trip is going to be a short . If short , I told them they better cancel it and request another one where a driver closer will pick it
You do know thats a no no in Ubers books and a GREAT way to be deactivated if the pax complains to Uber you did that.

We all know that it's really not worth it driving 15 mins for a 5 min trip . I know some drivers will do it , that's fine , but me personally I think it's not worth it at all . $4.80 for 20 mins
We do all known this, its the 'risk' you take. Gotta take the good with the bad. Which is why I limited my pings to 10 mins to limit the 'damage' of min trips. Lucky its rare to get a min fare in the burbs, they normally end up having a payout of $6-10 even for 'station' runs.

sporadic

My bad pax nowadays are usually the fries that tempt me to steal one all the time... :wink:

But with all due professionalism I refuse. It is after all a short trip.