Bad Odor

Cary Grant

I need some help with bad odors left behind by nasty pax. I've shampoo'd three times, febreezed three times (as in SOAKED), made high speed runs down the highway with all windows wide open to dry it out, but the smell is still there, and it's RANK. Getting better, but too damn slow, and I want this car back in service next week.

I'm thinking I might need to rent an ozone machine. Anyone know of a place in Dallas? Or have any other methods of getting some bad rotten crotch out of seat covers?

Mikek999

Get a pet stain removal solution... make sure the seat is soaked. Put a damp towel over the spot and let it dry over right then apply the febreeze. This has worked for me with stains and smells. I also spray my seats every day with febreeze just as a preventative maintenance. Ozone might be ok but I’ve heard that the o2 produced my oxidize the material like bleach does so be careful if you go that meathod.

Another solution is to give Richard Wuertemburg at 817-891-5488 he does the seat cleaning for uber xchange leasing and did a great job when I got my lease. I think it would cost around $100 and not sure if it gets smells out. He does a professional clean like you get at a dry cleaning store....

KMANDERSON

I need some help with bad odors left behind by nasty pax. I've shampoo'd three times, febreezed three times (as in SOAKED), made high speed runs down the highway with all windows wide open to dry it out, but the smell is still there, and it's RANK. Getting better, but too damn slow, and I want this car back in service next week.

I'm thinking I might need to rent an ozone machine. Anyone know of a place in Dallas? Or have any other methods of getting some bad rotten crotch out of seat covers?

Cary Grant

I never though I'd have to deal with a smell this bad. I can say now that there are smells worse than urine, worse than barf, worse than feces. It's so foul that once you touch the source when cleaning, you can't just wash your hands to be rid of the smell on your fingers. It takes fresh lemon rubbed on my finger tips to get the odor out of my damn skin. Unfortunately, one can't take photos of odors, although I'm tempted to drive over to the office and see how many of the worker bees can keep their food down after a whiff. I'll be sure to film that.

I bought some Ozium (original) at Walmart. Sprayed it last night, the recommended 1-second burst, aimed at the center of the car, after shampoo number four. Smell is still there this morning, although it's getting fainter. Shampoo number five, and sprayed Ozium again, but a REAL big dose this time (about three seconds worth, aiming to the middle of the car, and a burst right at the source). I'll repeat this a few more times today.

If the smell is still there tomorrow morning, I'm going to need an ozone machine. I'll probably buy one.

I'm thinking this might be the one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072J5VYL5/?tag=ubne0c-20

KellyC

I should print this post & show it to every pax who tells me they're tbinking about driving for Uber.

Try Ozium. I learned about it from someone on here (I forget who but God bless them); it really helps.

I never though I'd have to deal with a smell this bad. I can say now that there are smells worse than urine, worse than barf, worse than feces. It's so foul that once you touch the source when cleaning, you can't just wash your hands to be rid of the smell on your fingers. It takes fresh lemon rubbed on my finger tips to get the odor out of my damn skin. Unfortunately, one can't take photos of odors, although I'm tempted to drive over to the office and see how many of the worker bees can keep their food down after a whiff. I'll be sure to film that.

I bought some Ozium (original) at Walmart. Sprayed it last night, the recommended 1-second burst, aimed at the center of the car, after shampoo number four. Smell is still there this morning, although it's getting fainter. Shampoo number five, and sprayed Ozium again, but a REAL big dose this time (about three seconds worth, aiming to the middle of the car, and a burst right at the source). I'll repeat this a few more times today.

If the smell is still there tomorrow morning, I'm going to need an ozone machine. I'll probably buy one.

I'm thinking this might be the one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072J5VYL5/?tag=ubne0c-20
I shoulda read the whole thread before I responded! Oh, lord, that's so nasty. I feel your pain.

Cary Grant

You sure something dead isn't stuck under (or worse, in) your car somewhere? I can't imagine what possible (alive) human odor would last so long

No, I'm absolutely positive it's rotten crotch, some kind of infectious ooze. I have pictures of the stain, but that doesn't do any justice to the stink, which is most foul and fetid. There's nothing to see now, just smell.

I wish I could bottle it. It would be a bona fide WMD. It's worse than skunk oil. One drop and you can ruin someone's whole day. In aerosol form, it would be more effective than mace. Imagine a smell so foul that a traffic cop would get one whiff as he walked up to your window, and would immediately turn and just walk back to his car without a word of warning (although he might barf as he made his escape). It's that bad. It's "hold your breath while you clean" bad.

I'm going to defeat it, too. I'm not giving up. I will slay this odor! :mad:

Volvonaut

The recent combination of my water heater leaking into an apparent rat's nest in my kitchen wall had me scrambling for a solution to the smell. So apparently I'll be ordering one of these bad boys too. Nice find.

Edit: God your writing always cracks me up.

Cary Grant

I've run over a skunk before. I used to live a mile from a cattle feed lot, I've toured a sewage treatment plan, I've driven by giant hog farms (downwind, no less), and I've driven past meat packing plants on the days they are burning blood. I've known some bad stank. This was worse.

Cary Grant

The recent combination of my water heater leaking into an apparent rat's nest in my kitchen wall had me scrambling for a solution to the smell. So apparently I'll be ordering one of these bad boys too. Nice find.

I've used these things before, for pet stains in carpet that had soaked through to the concrete in a basement, many years ago. I just lost the machine in a move some time ago. I've never used one on the car, but reading the comments from verified purchasers, I think this is the nuclear option I needed for victory.

fxcruiser

It's in the "foam" stuff under the seat cover Brah.....you ain't never getting that out for good! Imagine: Stained, soiled carpet at Home...Cat Piss...Whatever! Once it gets past the Carpet into the padding underneath Game over! Spraying all that shit on it WILL NOT fix the problem. Ya gotta treat that like a flood car....replace the friggin seat!....Junkyard not a dealer.

MHR

I've used Woolite Pet stain and odor remover on my seats and it works. Spray it on then clean seats with steam cleaner (used a pet odor remover soap) then spray on again and let it sit.

Got it at HEB.

Cary Grant

I'm on shampoo number...seven? Eight? Fourth round of Ozium spray. The odor is losing, but it's still lingering enough to make me cringe.

I'm glad I ordered the ozone machine.

KellyC

No, I'm absolutely positive it's rotten crotch, some kind of infectious ooze. I have pictures of the stain, but that doesn't do any justice to the stink, which is most foul and fetid. There's nothing to see now, just smell.

I wish I could bottle it. It would be a bona fide WMD. It's worse than skunk oil. One drop and you can ruin someone's whole day. In aerosol form, it would be more effective than mace. Imagine a smell so foul that a traffic cop would get one whiff as he walked up to your window, and would immediately turn and just walk back to his car without a word of warning (although he might barf as he made his escape). It's that bad. It's "hold your breath while you clean" bad.

I'm going to defeat it, too. I'm not giving up. I will slay this odor! :mad:

I think you're just gonna have to burn that car.