1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Background Checks

Discussion in 'Advice' started by mike colian, Aug 11, 2018 at 8:23 PM.

1. mike colian

mike colian New Member

I'm a current driver. 14 months of driving g. 4.81 rating lots of compliments. I cant drive right now waiting for them to review background check. I have one ticket that showed on checkr repiet. it was from11 years ago. it's been 15 days and they say they are reviewing the results. is this normal. I cant drive right now. ty

2. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    2 weeks is normal. Have you checked the status on checkr itself? If it says complete call uber and they should be able to approve while You're on hold.

3. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston Well-Known Member

What was the ticket for?

4. JimKE

JimKE Well-Known Member

Two weeks may be "normal," but it's unacceptable BS.

I just got mine back "all clear," but I haven't driven in about two months and didn't have any detrimental effect. How can they justify taking two weeks to make a decision?

There's a problem? Let's take a look. Yay or Nay. This ain't rocket surgery -- make a damn decision.

5. steveK2016

Driving:
    UberXL
    I agree, Uber and Lyft started Checkr at the same time. Literally pulled from the same Checkr report. Lyft approved me the next day, and I was technically a new driver while Uber took 2 weeks and i had driven for them for a year.

Not sure why theyre taking so long on the background checks, especially renewals. I understand New drivers but renewals should be quick and seamless.

Theres no reason why uber would personally want the drivers waitlisted for this amount of time. More drivers active is in Ubers best interest. Something happened in the background that is making Uber do this.

6. JimKE

JimKE Well-Known Member

I had the opposite results when I first started. Uber approved me in about two days; Lyft took a month!

As far as I know, Lyft never has re-done my background but Uber is now doing everybody's once a year. Florida doesn't require annual backgrounds (or vehicle inspections), but Uber's doing them nationally as a rider safety/PR policy.

7. Ridesharemiami

Ridesharemiami Member

Absolutely Wrong..
    The State of Florida require annual Background Check for all TNC ..

8. AnointedOne

AnointedOne New Member

I was wondering when did Lyft start using Checkr? they carried my background check through Sterling back in January and I was deactivated.

9. steveK2016

Driving:
    UberXL
    Might be state dependent like how different states use different insurance companies.