Background check

DanGuelmi

They put my account on hold because of a background check they are running, but the weird thing is, they have done it before and I was able to keep taking trips, this time I CAN'T, really uber, now and this stressful days, postpone that shit for when everything passed, someone else have the same situation?

Wattaman

They put my account on hold because of a background check they are running, but the weird thing is, they have done it before and I was able to keep taking trips, this time I CAN'T, really uber, now and this stressful days, postpone that shit for when everything passed, someone else have the same situation?
Same boat here with no support.

Ssgcraig

I got a message stating that background checks were behind and if mine lapses, I would be taken offline until it can be completed. I don't think mine is due until September.

Jaackil

It seems to me based on posts here, (I have no proof of this just my thought). If you had an issue prior with a backround check whether it was legit or not you are likely to be put on hold until the check is completed. If you had no prior issues you don’t get put on hold. I authorized mine and never heard another word. My account was not put on hold. I never had an issue in any prior check. Again I don’t know if this is correct or not but it seems everyone that has posted they have been put on hold for backround check had some prior issue with backround checks. Obviously most were bogus issues because they eventually clear or they would not be getting another anual check. So the bigger question is if you cleared previously after a supposed bogus issue why are you still getting flagged. If prior issues clear why do they not stay cleared?
I hope this gets resolved soon for you.

Newbedforduberft

I’ve never had an issue with a background check or CORI yet I’m waiting for mine to clear. It has been since last week. I figure they aren’t processing because of Skelton staff. This is my first renewal since I joined about a year ago.

scamp

If you had no prior issues you don’t get put on hold. .
Totally clear background check here. 4 years driving never an issue.

Uber ran my background check early this year so it didn't run into the courts shut down, and I can log in just fine.

I can't log into Lyft and received a generic email, account is temp on hold until courts come back online and batches of background checks get cleared.

I'm not driving so it's not hurting me.

Tomansky

My last background check was completed in December 2019. I have copy in email. Spotless as every year for last 6 years. 10 days ago I was asked in the app to agree and approve additional background check, which I did. Blocked account since then. I exchanged 10 emails with Uber, basically asking them to explain themselves. I asked whether Uber policy has changed, or if there was any complaints about my driving. I pushed hard in my emails for any reasonable answer. Never got anything back beyond cookie cutter replies. Same happened to two of my friends who drive for Uber.
There's no drivers now in Boston,wait times are 15 or more minutes, or no cars available at all, yet they block seasoned drivers with 4.98 rating.
Something fishy going on. Not sure how to get answers without help of media. They just put total cone of silence on this issue affecting many drivers across the board.

FreDi Huguenin

8FCAFD4F-36FF-4A8D-9E95-71C5C48921BA.jpeg

I don’t know how I wasn’t kicked off, never had the acceptance and cancellation so low before. They keep sending trips 20 minutes away though.

Tomansky

It made me to re-discover Lyft. Driving for them now. Their algorithm for matching riders closer to drivers is much more efficient. Hardly get a pick up that is more then 7mins away.... Since Lyft doesn't pay for long pickups. If I do, they often match me with a closer one along the route. Only thing I miss is option to select Uber Comfort & Uber XL only if I want to.

South Shore Driver

Some guys have acceptance rating at 1 percent. It absolutely does not matter, as part of a settlement with the state of Massachusetts Uber is prohibited from deactivating you over low acceptance rating. Cancel rate does matter (maybe not now with so few drivers) so at some point you'll want to reduce the cancellation percentage.

scamp

Fyi, My Lyft account is on hold waiting on background check. It is Mass state law to require passed background check but courts been closed. Lyft support supervisor said they can't break that law and state hasn't agreed to their waiver requests.

My background check always been clear, 4 years now.

fermatamew

I'm having the same issue. Some time after I stopped driving on March 15, I noticed my account was in background check, and I cannot go online. I did not receive an email or notification that this was happening or why. If it's an annual thing, it doesn't make sense, since my "anniversary" of start is November. There is no reason for mine to be held up, no issues in my life or with Uber. It does state somewhere (Uber or Chckr, can't recall) that California and Massachusetts have delays. Of course, I tried to call Uber, but phone support is suspended. (What's up with that? Covid-related?) I'm not super worried yet, because I don't plan to drive for a while, but hoping to start food deliveries late next month, when the $600/week unemployment stops. In going through the process to connect to Checkr for status, I see that my Instacart check was approved, no problem, and that was LATER than Uber started its check. They are blaming covid, courts delays, etc., bur are "working hard to complete your report." (I had signed up for Instacart, but decided not to do it.)

BlueJetta

Same issue for me: Lyft account is suspended and I got a warning my Uber will be too. I have no issues and never have so I blame the MA court system or the RMV for this delay. Not cool. It doesn’t affect me right now, but what if I needed the extra income?

Timlee252525

View attachment 471701

I don’t know how I wasn’t kicked off, never had the acceptance and cancellation so low before. They keep sending trips 20 minutes away though.
Your turn will come!
Post automatically merged:

Same issue for me: Lyft account is suspended and I got a warning my Uber will be too. I have no issues and never have so I blame the MA court system or the RMV for this delay. Not cool. It doesn’t affect me right now, but what if I needed the extra income?
You could try this.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bostonium

I speak from experience... contact Checkr.
They take phone calls!
They actually answer questions and provide answers that RMV, Uber and Lyft will not.

Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 10.18.54 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 10.18.41 AM.png