• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Background Check Question

sss

Does anyone know if a speeding ticket for more than 20 mph over the limit is automatic disqualification for Uber ? I know it is listed in their requirements to not receive such a ticket but my background and driving record is spotless apart from this one ticket where I was doing 76 and the limit was 55.
What about Lyft ? Can anyone please chime in if you have been hired for either one of these companies with such a speeding ticket.
Also, no need to warn me about Uber/Lyft. I know what I'm getting into. I am just short of cash and need a part time job, even if just for a little while.

Thanks

Joepatb

Does anyone know if a speeding ticket for more than 20 mph over the limit is automatic disqualification for Uber ? I know it is listed in their requirements to not receive such a ticket but my background and driving record is spotless apart from this one ticket where I was doing 76 and the limit was 55.
What about Lyft ? Can anyone please chime in if you have been hired for either one of these companies with such a speeding ticket.
Also, no need to warn me about Uber/Lyft. I know what I'm getting into. I am just short of cash and need a part time job, even if just for a little while.

Thanks
My experience is it will disqualify for both. I began driving for uber 4/2014. Got a ticket 57 in 35 in 5/2014. Had already made it through the uber initial background check therefore it was uber on. Decided later I would try to add driving for Lyft as well. The ticket the previous months kept me out even though I had no other violations in previous 10 yrs. Had been driving for uber, first 6-8 months pretty cool. Rates still pretty good. Not a huge number of drivers in Cleveland yet. Well this past mid July uber does a background "periodic recheck" with this Hirease. They deactivated me due to the ticket. Had been driving part time with like 1400 trips past year 4.85 rating. 2012 Accord. Sort of torn in that was getting sick of lowered rates. Increased drivers. Increased entitled and lower class of riders. But at same time the flexibility make perfect part time even couple hundred week deal. I attempted to appeal to no avail and was even told that drivers with my experience and ratings are occasionally allowed exceptions. This was by some CSR. After several back and forth emails it has been a no go. I was told my only real chance may be attempting to get this expunged. I may check into that as it may provide me the opportunity to drive for both. Who knows. We will see. I should really just stop while I'm ahead and be thankful for no accidents significant incidences or the dreaded throwing up in the car late night.

Last edited:

Bart McCoy

Thanks
Shame on you for speeding