• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Background Check Minimum 1 Year Driving?

Inshur
Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyJ8A

My question is...
Does Uber Background check qualify driving with Learner's Permit as valid licensed driving experience?

A learner's permit is literally a valid driver's license with restrictions
"With that in mind, a learner's permit is permission to drive even though it comes with certain restrictions. It is still permission and therefore it is a license even though it is a limited license. Indeed, the same could be said with a regular drivers license."
https://www.quora.com/By-law-is-a-drivers-permit-considered-a-drivers-license

The Uber Background Check includes that...

"...In general, drivers must have a minimum of one year of licensed driving experience in the US (3 years if under 23 years old)."

Okay sooooo I'm a young driver and I want to be sure if I'm going to pass my upcoming background check before I pay fees. I have over a year experience driving but with a provisional license permit. I just got my drivers license so I can drive late night or day without chaperone supervision.

But i'm just a little doubtful because sometimes the world just isnt that fair... will the background check let me by with the one year minimum of learners permit experience?

LadyJ8A

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
All you need is a tlc license. If you have that you can drive uber in nyc.
Did you have to submit your driving record on the background check part of becoming a driver?? im seeing that they look for issue date on licenses.

TDR

My question is...
Does Uber Background check qualify driving with Learner's Permit as valid licensed driving experience?

A learner's permit is literally a valid driver's license with restrictions
"With that in mind, a learner's permit is permission to drive even though it comes with certain restrictions. It is still permission and therefore it is a license even though it is a limited license. Indeed, the same could be said with a regular drivers license."
https://www.quora.com/By-law-is-a-drivers-permit-considered-a-drivers-license

The Uber Background Check includes that...

"...In general, drivers must have a minimum of one year of licensed driving experience in the US (3 years if under 23 years old)."

Okay sooooo I'm a young driver and I want to be sure if I'm going to pass my upcoming background check before I pay fees. I have over a year experience driving but with a provisional license permit. I just got my drivers license so I can drive late night or day without chaperone supervision.

But i'm just a little doubtful because sometimes the world just isnt that fair... will the background check let me by with the one year minimum of learners permit experience?
Please don’t get me wrong. My advice don’t start with that girl. Respectfully Tdr

unitxero

UBER Emp #2266971
You're quoting an uber background check. Those rules do not apply for NYC drivers.

TLC does the background check in NYC, and their requirements are found right on the TLC website when you submit the application.

And your learners permit history does appear on your DMV driving abstract which the TLC will see. You'll need to get your Class E license before you start, that's all. I came from FL and had to give them my FL DMV driving abstract, they saw my history and it was approved after I got my NYS Class E license. I didn't drive once in NY before then.

LadyJ8A

You're quoting an uber background check. Those rules do not apply for NYC drivers.

TLC does the background check in NYC, and their requirements are found right on the TLC website when you submit the application.

And your learners permit history does appear on your DMV driving abstract which the TLC will see. You'll need to get your Class E license before you start, that's all. I came from FL and had to give them my FL DMV driving abstract, they saw my history and it was approved after I got my NYS Class E license. I didn't drive once in NY before then.
When I give them my driving record it will learner permit before my class d/e license. do they still consider learner permit licensed driving?

LadyJ8A

To whom are you giving your driving record?
i see that it is "Checkr", they do background checks for Uber applicants.
does this sound familiar to you when you were beginning your process to drive for uber?

im just confused i sound like a noob because im seeing people talking about background checks and getting their driving abstracts reviewed which sounds ridiculous to me because its slowing TLC *90 days* process waiting for weeks to complete a background check, but some of ya didnt have this trouble so i may just be worrying over nothing or what

ffran347

does this sound familiar to you when you were beginning your process to drive for uber?

im just confused i sound like a noob because im seeing people talking about background checks and getting their driving abstracts reviewed which sounds ridiculous to me because its slowing TLC *90 days* process waiting for weeks to complete a background check, but some of ya didnt have this trouble so i may just be worrying over nothing or what
Unless things changed Uber does not do any of that is all TLC. You pay $80 to get fingerprinted and it gets send directly to TLC, they take your picture and everything. Make sure you didn't sign up to drive in the suburbs. And as far as i know TLC requires you to have 3 yrs driving experience but i might be wrong, but leasing companies and insurance brokers will not insure you unless you have 3 or more yrs with your license. Again does not mean they wont, they will just charge you more to insure you.

ninja warrior

Do you already have your TLC license?

Oh-Lord

Not sure where you are in the application process but in order to have a TLC license you must have you regular driving license for 6 months.. learner permit is not taken into consideration .. if you apply and you didn’t have the 6 month driving record they will reject the application and you will lose everything and have to reapply.

Suave

Not sure where you are in the application process but in order to have a TLC license you must have you regular driving license for 6 months.. learner permit is not taken into consideration .. if you apply and you didn’t have the 6 month driving record they will reject the application and you will lose everything and have to reapply.
Having regular driving license for 6 months is no longer required. I got a cousin who started driving yellow within 2 months of getting his dmv license.

Suave

Stop worrying about the background check. The background check is mostly for criminal background checking and checking your dmv record for the number of points on your license.
Tlc no longer has any minimum driving experience required. You could apply for a Tlc license the day after you get your dmv class E license and you’d be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.