Back To The Future...I Think?

RideshareUSA

Wallets, phones, lighters, smokes, purses, etc. All familiar articles that have been left behind in our vehicles.
Well today I found something that truly stunned me! I mean, it was so overwhelming that I simply couldn't process it.
What did I find you ask?......A PAGER folks! Yes, a PAGER! Did you get that....
I said a PAGER!!!
Was I somehow transported back to 1984?
OMG! WTH? Who still uses a PAGER?
So anyways, the rider got hold of me. He's a server. The pager is used by the restaurant to alert him when orders are ready. LOL?

Seahawk3

Wallets, phones, lighters, smokes, purses, etc. All familiar articles that have been left behind in our vehicles.
Well today I found something that truly stunned me! I mean, it was so overwhelming that I simply couldn't process it.
I said a PAGER!!!
So anyways, the rider got hold of me. He's a server. The pager is used by the restaurant to alert him when orders are ready. LOL?
A lot of medical institution such as hospital and research facility used pagers as a are more secure

UberBastid

Once upon a time I got an Apple I phone, it was the Apple 2G. I had it, and used it for years. I think I got it in 2008 or so and it cost me a bundle.
Now, I am the kind of guy that believes that if it works, leave it alone.

Well, one day in 2015 or so it didn't like an update (duh, I was prolly the only one out here with one) and I took it into the Verizon store to ask WTH.
This kid, who was probably still in diapers in 2008 looked at the phone and his mouth fell slightly open, then held it up in the air and yells across the store "Hey Jared! LOOK at this! Have you actually seen one of these before? Check it out!"
There was a half dozen kids (who worked there) standing around oooing and awwing over my phone. They were all talking nerdy to each other, and one old guy (probably the manager and barely old enough to shave) was smiling and telling them about the old days when Apple phones first came out.
"Wow. This is a museum piece" and and "I saw a picture of one of these in an old training manual" and "Where did you get this?" and "This is so cool, can I take a picture of it mister?" One kid suggested, with bright and eager eyes, "Lets back out the update and see if it still works ..." I told him it worked up till yesterday and he breathlessly said, "Really? What was it like?" Holey moley. What was it like? It was just like using a cell phone.

I was actually kinda embarrassed.

Yea, they talked me into a new phone.
Or, shamed me into a new phone I should say.
I guess that I was due for an upgrade anyway.

"How was work today hunny?"
"Oh wow ... we had this OG come in with a dinosaur phone. He said it worked too. What a hoot. Hard to imagine, but ..."

2Cents

I still have my original iPhone that I bought in 2008 in a drawer...
The thing is those phones were locked to AT&T then and the new SIM cards that Verizon has don’t work on that network.
Cool story though.

902AE224-E9CC-44EC-9DEC-40671214E973.png

BigRedDriver

I said a PAGER!!!

Next you’ll find a bag phone!

AlteredBeast

I still have my original iPhone that I bought in 2008 in a drawer...
The thing is those phones were locked to AT&T then and the new SIM cards that Verizon has don’t work on that network.
Cool story though.

View attachment 309050

Trump didn't get into the White House until 2017...and in 2016, every rideshare company was paying way more than 52c per mile.

Not to be pedantic...

ZenUber

The other day I found a 3" folding knife on the floor in the back. I couldn't file a found item report because I don't know who it came from. And no riders filed a claim because they would probably be deactivated. The real kicker is - the same day I also found a set of keys with a fob for a land rover. So - some dude is afraid to report the lost keys because he was also carrying a knife. Karma?

VanGuy

Would someone really be deactivated for a pocket knife? That seems like no big deal to me. I occasionally carry one if I think I might need it. I have half a dozen of them. Some were gifts, promotional items etc.

ZenUber

Would someone really be deactivated for a pocket knife? That seems like no big deal to me. I occasionally carry one if I think I might need it. I have half a dozen of them. Some were gifts, promotional items etc.
It wasn't a pocket knife - it was a folding knife with a belt clip, a personal defense weapon. I know uber doesn't allow drivers to carry weapons so I assume it would be the same for pax. I'm fairly sure it's grounds for deactivation. I can't think of any other reason why they would not have filed a lost item claim.

FLKeys

It wasn't a pocket knife - it was a folding knife with a belt clip, a personal defense weapon. I know uber doesn't allow drivers to carry weapons so I assume it would be the same for pax. I'm fairly sure it's grounds for deactivation. I can't think of any other reason why they would not have filed a lost item claim.

Possibly have no clue where they lost them. I had a wallet in my car under the seat for 3 days before I discovered it. Pax thought he lost it on a bike trip the morning after he rode with me. No clue he lost it in my car.

BigBadBob

Ohio says I can carry my weapon in my personal vehicle. My company tried to make a rule of no firearms on their property, but Ohio law states otherwise. In my mind, state law over rules Uber as well as my company. I just follow "Don't ask, don't tell"

UberBastid

Ohio says I can carry my weapon in my personal vehicle. My company tried to make a rule of no firearms on their property, but Ohio law states otherwise. In my mind, state law over rules Uber as well as my company. I just follow "Don't ask, don't tell"
Agree.
I been carrying most of my adult life, over half century now.
Sometimes legally, most times not.

Nobody knows whats in my pocket - not their business.
And IF I ever need to use it, there will be no talking. I will draw and fire.
The last thing the bad guy will think is "Oh shit, he has a ...."

Seahawk3

Actually most states say define what is legal for carrying of weapons. But a company or organization can restrict that. For laws you can make stricter requirements then federal or state but not more lenient. But since your an idc your should not have to follow uber's or Lyft's policies. And a lot of states have thrown out contracts that breach federal and state laws as an unlawful contract