Back to earning $4 an hour in Orange County with zero incentives that LA receives.

Booberx

Why would anyone at all sign up to drive in Orange County to make $.90 a mile that equals to making around $4 an hour?

What a total waste of time and money.

If you are a new driver and want any chance at more than $4 and hour LEAVE YOUR APP OFF UNTIL IT SURGES to around a 3 to 4 times surge then turn it on and only accept surge rides.

This will do a couple things. Force these jerks to raise the per mile rate or offer incentives/guarantees/bonus/boost that LA county receives unlike us.

The other thing is you'll make way more money and drive less and not screw it up for other drivers who want the same.

Also track the new idiots down where they are located with the rider app and explain to them to get with the program. Or not because they'll eventually quit anyway after they realize more money was spent on gas than they made.

Yes it does suck this bad in the OC compared to LA.

Booberx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The only incentive we have in oc is if we sign up 4 new drivers then supposedly they pay you a pittance which I hear they try to scam you on anyway.

Oh boy can't wait to do that!

As if we need more competition so we can make even less.

Clue2U

The only incentive we have in oc is if we sign up 4 new drivers then supposedly they pay you a pittance which I hear they try to scam you on anyway.

Oh boy can't wait to do that!

As if we need more competition so we can make even less.
That was offered in LA as well. Uber sent me that offer yesterday

Just Another Uber Drive

If you're willing to commute you can change your city to Los Angeles.

I know of at least one IE driver here who says he is registered in the IE but drives exclusively in Los Angeles and receives the incentive payments. So maybe you don't even have to change cities, just commute to LA.

I'm feeling less and less inclined to drive. I can play the surges just fine, I'm just not sure it's worth the effort any longer. The outlaying areas need incentives or fare increases.

OCuber

Why would anyone at all sign up to drive in Orange County to make $.90 a mile that equals to making around $4 an hour?

If you are a new driver and want any chance at more than $4 and hour LEAVE YOUR APP OFF UNTIL IT SURGES to around a 3 to 4 times surge then turn it on and only accept surge rides.

This will do a couple things. Force these jerks to raise the per mile rate or offer incentives/guarantees/bonus/boost that LA county receives unlike us.

The other thing is you'll make way more money and drive less and not screw it up for other drivers who want the same.

Also track the new idiots down where they are located with the rider app and explain to them to get with the program. Or not because they'll eventually quit anyway after they realize more money was spent on gas than they made.

Noticed lots of newbies out....students, teachers, etc.
They'll quit soon.

Booberx

Maybe that's what it is Smokey that or they see all the LA people posting their earnings on here which is impossible to ever come close to in oc.

I would never refer a friend to do this. They would be so pissed off once they realize how little they make or are actually losing money.

I was a rider over the weekend with a newbie chick less than month into it literally crying while on the trip since she spent more on gas than she's been getting paid.

I tried to explain how to work the surge by leaving her app off but she couldn't comprehend the concept of making more money.

You can't fix stupid.

hbdope

Maybe that's what it is Smokey that or they see all the LA people posting their earnings on here which is impossible to ever come close to in oc.

I would never refer a friend to do this. They would be so pissed off once they realize how little they make or are actually losing money.

I was a rider over the weekend with a newbie chick less than month into it literally crying while on the trip since she spent more on gas than she's been getting paid.

I tried to explain how to work the surge by leaving her app off but she couldn't comprehend the concept of making more money.

You can't fix stupid.
I can't imagine ever spending more money on gas than my earnings. It's almost impossible if you drive a Prius.

Just Another Uber Drive

You can't fix stupid.
There's no crying in Uber!

Oh wait, that's baseball. Nevermind.

Old Smokey

I want do $75 rides for $750. Oh, no, not me.
In the LA area they are giving away $1.60 of our money from the "Winter Warm-up" scam since January 2015. THAT IS PER RIDE, per mile and minute. It is 90degrees at my house. Winter is definitely over.

UberReallySucks

You're Not alone Brother. It sucks just as much in San Diego... Too many Ants all too happy to drive for Peanuts. The only time it surged was on the 4th of July and that was mostly because drivers had to go on a mission impossible to get to the Pax with almost every request.
There's opportunity in LA right now but I wonder how long it will take Uber to ruin that market too.

KekeLo

In the LA area they are giving away $1.60 of our money from the "Winter Warm-up" scam since January 2015. THAT IS PER RIDE, per mile and minute. It is 90degrees at my house. Winter is definitely over.

I'm sorry, Smokey, I didn't understand what you were getting at.:wink:

Old Smokey

I'm sorry, Smokey, I didn't understand what you were getting at.:wink:
We drivers are partially financing the new driver bonuses, with the rate cuts that we have indured the last 18 + months. Ridership is high in most markets because we are cheaper than the city bus. Uber is getting 25 cents of every dollar, whether it is one noob or 100 noobs. We are lucky to be grandfathered in at 20%.

Booberx

That's right Winter Warmup was supposed to be a temporary rate cut...lied to again...

What a poorly run company. Why would any investors put anymore money in this sinking ship where they screw their workers over.

richard.jpg Trav certainly ain't no Rich