• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Back to Back Rides

Bill Feit

Remember back on 7-13 Uber SD announced we would start being able to accept a second ride before our first ended. I HAD MY FIRST TODAY..and it worked GREAT! I had about 2 min remaining in a trip from PB to Blush on Market downtown...was startled when got another ping and I accepted. After drop off the navigate to second rider came up and he was only 3 blocks away...great new for me was father/daughter at local hotel going to LegoLand...only 3 miles from my house...Love it Uber..thanks. Anyone else had any?

CityGirl

Not yet, but after cancels a few times I've had a quick ping and the new one has an orange banner, is that what you saw when you got the second ride?

Also, you were right, when this version got pushed to you it also gave me that Beta test of the destination entry feature, so I will be testing that out. So far I had the bright idea to put in Escondido or Carlsbad in hopes of getting a long ride. I can set 12 per day, but the demo video says 2, so I assume they don't want us using it that way. I did not get rides under it yet, but I will keep trying, as I tend to drive north empty a lot anyway.

Bill Feit

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not yet, but after cancels a few times I've had a quick ping and the new one has an orange banner, is that what you saw when you got the second ride?

Also, you were right, when this version got pushed to you it also gave me that Beta test of the destination entry feature, so I will be testing that out. So far I had the bright idea to put in Escondido or Carlsbad in hopes of getting a long ride. I can set 12 per day, but the demo video says 2, so I assume they don't want us using it that way. I did not get rides under it yet, but I will keep trying, as I tend to drive north empty a lot anyway.
I honestly don't remember a banner color..i would say nothing unusual. I did select it pretty quick and as I said I was actually startled by the ping as not expecting. Excited to here results of your destination tests.

Bill Feit

I had one last night in the Gaslamp. Dropped the pax off & the pickup was a block away @ the Marriot. Enjoyed it because it got me out of there very quickly on a 1.7x to Kensington.
Wow, great way to extend a surge...Last night might have been first use then!

mizzrock

This sounds bad because what if you want to check the surge map? Or sign out? And ignoring this ping could impact acceptance?

Bill Feit

Here is the actual email from July 13 this year. May answer some questions...my guess is not accepting will affect acceptance rate like all other pings but they do not say. Hope it helps some:

LESS DOWNTIME

An exciting update to trip requests is coming, designed to help you complete more trips and increase earnings. Starting today, you can accept your next trip request even when you're already on a trip.

How It Works

Now you’ll get requests for trips that start nearby your current rider's dropoff location before the trip is over. Skip the wait and accept upcoming trips so you can go straight to your next ride.

How It Looks
While on a trip, you’ll get a notification to accept your next request. After accepting, the screen will go back to the current trip to help avoid confusion. See below:

FAQs

Why the change?
This update to trip requests is expected to drastically lower ETAs for riders and partners alike. Riders will enjoy quicker pickups, increasing ratings, and partners won’t have to drive as long to their pick-ups.
How do I start getting requests before my trip is over?
As long as you or the rider has entered the destination into the Uber app, we will automatically look for requests near your rider’s dropoff location.
What if my current rider wants to make multiple stops?
If the rider has already entered their destination upon request, kindly confirm with them if it is their final destination. If not, you may change the destination in the Uber app to the final destination so you are less likely to receive your next request too early.
Is this uberPOOL?
No. The two riders will never be in your vehicle at the same time.
Will the next rider know that I’m on my way to them?
Yes. The next rider will see a popup in the rider app stating that the closest vehicle for them is completing another trip nearby, and we will also show the first drop-off point on the map for clarification.
Can I opt-out of receiving requests like this?
At this time we are unable to opt-out partners individually from this change.
Why can’t I see the next rider’s information before accepting my next trip?
You will be able to see this information after the next Uber Partner app update in the coming weeks.

As always, please let us know if you have any more questions!

Thank you for your partnership,
Uber Operations
Uber Technologies Inc.
1455 Market Street San Francisco, CA 94103

Get Help View Online Unsubscribe

Bill Feit

I meant to add in above post that there does not seem to be any special banner color! :wink:

I've had it a couple of times, both times at the airport. I was really surprised because I didn't think I could get an airport ride while at the airport since the airport grounds are supposed to be geofenced off, but it appears that if you are on a legit dropoff at the airport then it will count you in the queue and you'll get the ping if your next in line. The one time the airport was really busy during my drop off so likely all other drivers were busy on rides or already picking up thereby making me next, and the other time it wasnt busy but it was later in the evening where less drivers are in the A/P zone.

So if you're an A/P driver, I'd say don't ignore some of those near by pings from point loma, I've had at least 6-7 that are airport rides and right now sit at 50% getting new ride requests from SAN when I drop off riders there.

Bill Feit

I've had it a couple of times, both times at the airport. I was really surprised because I didn't think I could get an airport ride while at the airport since the airport grounds are supposed to be geofenced off, but it appears that if you are on a legit dropoff at the airport then it will count you in the queue and you'll get the ping if your next in line. The one time the airport was really busy during my drop off so likely all other drivers were busy on rides or already picking up thereby making me next, and the other time it wasnt busy but it was later in the evening where less drivers are in the A/P zone.

So if you're an A/P driver, I'd say don't ignore some of those near by pings from point loma, I've had at least 6-7 that are airport rides and right now sit at 50% getting new ride requests from SAN when I drop off riders there.
WHAT? Your profile says you are in Miami! This is a San Diego issue and post. Update your profile or post for Miami

Jesus Christ Bill, I just moved to SD a couple months ago, and these are my first posts since then. Calm down and pull what ever you have up your butt out.

It's pretty clear I'm driving in SD. Since I referenced neighborhoods here in addition to an A/P code.

Bill Feit

Jesus Christ Bill, I just moved to SD a couple months ago, and these are my first posts since then. Calm down and pull what ever you have up your butt out.

It's pretty clear I'm driving in SD. Since I referenced neighborhoods here in addition to an A/P code.
You just made my ignore posts list. Welcome to San Diego but I don't care to deal with you if you can't control your rantings.

Thanks Bill, we can both be happy now. You came at me the wrong way and now want to get your panties in a bunch no one should feel sorry for you, I sure don't.

If this is the way you respond to someone over something as simple as their profile simply being out of date, then you following my posts likely would have no value and I could only imagine how you reply to someone who you have an actual difference of opinion with. Then again I did see it with another more established member who replied much nicer than I would have.

So thank you for ignoring me, we can go our separate paths, and thanks for welcoming me to San Diego.

Bill Feit

Thanks Bill, we can both be happy now. You came at me the wrong way and now want to get your panties in a bunch no one should feel sorry for you, I sure don't.

If this is the way you respond to someone over something as simple as their profile simply being out of date, then you following my posts likely would have no value and I could only imagine how you reply to someone who you have an actual difference of opinion with. Then again I did see it with another more established member who replied much nicer than I would have.

So thank you for ignoring me, we can go our separate paths, and thanks for welcoming me to San Diego.
Wow, you are astute! the purpose of ignore is to not pay attention to those whose posts have no value!

Bill Feit

Hey City...was just reviewing your post regarding destination beta test and found this in the write up: If at any time you decide you want to go back to receiving all trip requests like normal, just tap the orange banner and use the"x" next to your destination to remove your destination.

Maybe this is why you are seeing the color? I have never had an orange banner..

You know Bill, I'm a decent guy and you know today is a new day. We all have bad days and I'll just assume thats why my out of date profile bothered you...

I'm going to forget yesterday and start fresh.
-----
So, hi Bill! I'm glad to be here on the forum and look forward to contributing here. Just here fresh from Miami, but drove in Miami before driving here. I'm a quick learner and have gotten some strategies of my own, but look forward to learning some new strategies from the people here too.

Have a great day, and maybe I'll run into you one day!

C

Woober

This for fills an unmet opportunity to actually live up to Uber's claim that they are saving gas and energy and saving the planet and all that happy horse puck.