Back to 2 Destination Filters in Chicago

Pusher

IMG_5196.PNG i got this on the app this morning

WTH so that's the 180 days of change? They are going back to 2 filters a day in the Chicago market.

I liked having the option of 6 and used it often since it was implemented. If you gave yourself enough lead time it worked well.

mkxr

What a bunch of bull, I was just thinking that it might be time to do some driving again with having more destination control, but now that it's rolled back to 2, I guess not. So much for being an independent contractor and having any control over what types of rides you accept or where you want to drive

Kaleb379

Lyft is 6. Why does it matter in there case.. I've never ever got a match from them! Has Lyft's improved?

My switched to 2 as well now. It's too bad bc sometimes I used 3-4 destinations

bpm45

I don't understand why they don't go back to just one. If the sole purpose seems to be to help you get paid on the way home then one would be fine. If what they wanted to do was to give us more opportunities to use destination filter but not 6, why didn't they just back it down to for a day or 3 today but to just completely give up seems silly.

Furbzilla

Was enjoying the feature. Picking someone up on the way to work, knowing i'd be somewhere near where I'm going. It got to the point where I would turn it on to anywhere I was going.

Flashback121

Such BS , I never even got that message but that's crap .

With so many drivers out there how did this increase the wait times?

Last edited:

Road2nowhere

So this is truly NOT Rideshare, RATHER it is drag your guber driver wherever the hell it is you need to go. Let the "rideshare driver" figure out how to get back. Great job Uber, run by a bunch of morons. 180 days to change our income by reducing it 50% again year-over-year. It was the only good thing they have done in 2 years now they are f****** this up!

Ditka'sSweaterVest

I can't believe that this topic is not blowing up and that in itself is telling. I run a business. That business is professional rideshare full time. I have a game plan for the week and the day that also takes into account other places I need to be or things I need to do. My number one issue with Uber was the paltry limit of two DFs per day. It caused me to go places off ap I may have otherwise taken trips and greatly increased waiting time as I am unwilling to burn two DFs on X rides (I also do select). On what planet is it acceptable for an employer/partner to change the rules of the game WITHOUT warning so you can at least adjust your plan? Additionally, the reduction of DFs per day disproportionately affects full time drivers and select/XL drivers that would otherwise do more X rides at certain times with a modicum of control. One-size-fits-all solutions that do not take into account a driver's "business" (full or part time), rating, home base, select/xl, etc. is simply lazy and bad business. If a ton of new and part time drivers were playing with DF during morning or pm rush and creating extended waits or surges, look to address the problem. The obvious solution is to "reward" veterans, full-timers, high ratings, etc, etc. with more flexibility to run their businesses. In reality it is not a reward as two DFs for 10-hour-a-day drivers is spitting in the wind compared to newbies and part timers. This is an inadvertent screw over of the exact drivers Uber needs to keep. The lack of blow-up on this board right now tells me all I need to know that for the vast majority of drivers two DFs may be just fine. Serious full timers should be screaming from the rooftops.

Ditka'sSweaterVest

That would have been obvious, but why not have increased DFs based on criteria to begin with? The whole thing is absurd. This is in no way a shot at newbs, part timers, or X only; just pointing out the obvious in that a standard DF number actually penalizes the vets, full timers, and multi platform drivers as well as those with a far flung home base. The result of this, for me, I guarantee from experience, is FEWER daily and weekly trips in greater hours to make my number, and a greater degree of selectivity. The exact OPPOSITE of what they are trying to address, which is being more open to accepting trips or even being on-line for all types or even any trips at all.

Road2nowhere

I can't believe that this topic is not blowing up and that in itself is telling. I run a business. That business is professional rideshare full time. I have a game plan for the week and the day that also takes into account other places I need to be or things I need to do. My number one issue with Uber was the paltry limit of two DFs per day. It caused me to go places off ap I may have otherwise taken trips and greatly increased waiting time as I am unwilling to burn two DFs on X rides (I also do select). On what planet is it acceptable for an employer/partner to change the rules of the game WITHOUT warning so you can at least adjust your plan? Additionally, the reduction of DFs per day disproportionately affects full time drivers and select/XL drivers that would otherwise do more X rides at certain times with a modicum of control. One-size-fits-all solutions that do not take into account a driver's "business" (full or part time), rating, home base, select/xl, etc. is simply lazy and bad business. If a ton of new and part time drivers were playing with DF during morning or pm rush and creating extended waits or surges, look to address the problem. The obvious solution is to "reward" veterans, full-timers, high ratings, etc, etc. with more flexibility to run their businesses. In reality it is not a reward as two DFs for 10-hour-a-day drivers is spitting in the wind compared to newbies and part timers. This is an inadvertent screw over of the exact drivers Uber needs to keep. The lack of blow-up on this board right now tells me all I need to know that for the vast majority of drivers two DFs may be just fine. Serious full timers should be screaming from the rooftops.
I couldn't agree more. I'm sure the reason they initially introduced more destination filters was because people were declining rides and blowing off Pax when they were going into absurd locations. I know Myself specifically, would only take a ride to a ridiculous area if I had access destination filters. As of today I will no longer be doing that and will be cancelling on many rides that do not go where I want them to go. Just like the old days. Let their cancellation rates, pax ratings and customer service go to shit. This company sure knows how to @@@ up a wet dream

I CAN NOT WAIT to start canceling rides that don't meet my destination options.

Road2nowhere

Don't be brainwashed by their reasoning to remove the destination filters. They have always given us 30 minute plus pick up expectations. I have had countless pickups in The Burbs that were 20 plus miles and 30 plus minutes. That did not just start happening since they introduced 6 destination filters. Trust me.

Shakur

I didn't think they would roll it back but was thinking they might when several drivers were posting about 10-25+ minute pickups when that wasn't the case before the extended destinations.

Thats the main reason, right here. People were, "abusing," the feature and experienced users were taking advantage of a little "glitch" that could allow you to use it all day basically back n forth to different places.

Requests were being declined all the time because pick up times were 15 minutes etc. Im sure that the 2 will maybe be bumped to 3 if complaints are made but 6 will not happen again.

Lyft incorporated 6, but their DF doesnt work.

Ditka'sSweaterVest

As we saw all summer there was a vast number of newbs and part timers perfectly happy to grab anything working a set number of hours, which is perfectly reasonable if that is THEIR business. Others run a DIFFERENT business and these drivers are easily identifiable to Uber with a simple filter and sort of a set of criteria. Handing six DFs to the first category whether they need them or know how to use them or not was absurd and created a problem. Not giving them to the latter to begin with and then taking them away is CRAZY and quite obviously will have the opposite result of their goal; fewer total trips, greater selectivity, less face time with their best drivers.

Mapnik

I had a feeling that maybe the recent surge revival had something to do with the destination filters... that could be true.

Because the destination **filter** is a FILTER, not a MAGNET, and drivers sound like they don't get that. The filter FILTERS things, meaning you are open to fewer pings... if every Lake/DuPage County driver in the city is using the DF to try to get back to Mundelein or to avoid 'downtown', then you effectively take a lot of cars off the road.

Shakur

Don't be brainwashed by their reasoning to remove the destination filters. They have always given us 30 minute plus pick up expectations. I have had countless pickups in The Burbs that were 20 plus miles and 30 plus minutes. That did not just start happening since they introduced 6 destination filters. Trust me.

Its not a valid reason for Uber/Raiser LLC but it definitely is an excuse for them to decrease it back to 4. As a business that's all they need because in all honesty, a business can run anyway they choose fit, especially since none of us are "official" employees.