Babies, Toddlers Without Carseats

Yellowmaster

Whose doing it and why? I work the Chicago and suburban Chicago area. I do not accept riders with small that do not have a car seat. Each one, a dozen so far, have all said that I'm the first to deny a ride to them. One was a woman had an INFANT. They're really pssd and say that the next driver WILL take them. CLEARLY, this IS happening. What incentive, Uber Drivers, do you have for allowing small children in your vehicle without proper safety precautions? -Sincerely, Irritated Driver

JaredJ

Uber does not properly regulate it. Didn't they recently get rid of cancelling due to a minor option on the driver app?

there should be mandatory onboarding and annual safety regulation videos/tests, but in typical Uber fashion the bare minimum is adequate.

many drivers are so hard up for cash as it is they don't want to turn down a fare. this is another example of how local and state governments are out of touch with what's going on with Rideahares.

Uber_Yota_916

Same shenanigans are happening in my market. I cancel and drive off. Then I call support and complain about wasting my time with a passenger who doesn’t have car seats. Collect my $3.75-$5 and make sure to ask the rep to notate on the passengers account what happened. Not sure it does much but hey why not ask just in case.

Yellowmaster

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wait till wait time ends. It will then ask you if you want to cancel.
I've done that but, I've never gotten paid for "no car seat".
Post automatically merged:

Same shenanigans are happening in my market. I cancel and drive off. Then I call support and complain about wasting my time with a passenger who doesn’t have car seats. Collect my $3.75-$5 and make sure to ask the rep to notate on the passengers account what happened. Not sure it does much but hey why not ask just in case.
How are you getting the fee? I cancel the ride and select "no car seat" as the reason but, I never get a cancellation fee. Also, what phone number do you call?

Uber_Yota_916

I've done that but, I've never gotten paid for "no car seat".

How are you getting the fee? I cancel the ride and select "no car seat" as the reason but, I never get a cancellation fee. Also, what phone number do you call?
I call in after I park around the corner from said pax.

Had a issue with passenger.
Pick rider was rude/unsafe
Call in ir you will receive a call back. Depending on platform.

Yellowmaster

The app needs to change. After a driver reports that the rider does not have a car seat the rider should not be able to just request another ride. The next driver(s) should be notified that the rider was last reported as not having a car seat. The rider should have to confirm that they now have a car seat and the new driver would have to confirm it as well.

SuzeCB

The app needs to change. After a driver reports that the rider does not have a car seat the rider should not be able to just request another ride. The next driver(s) should be notified that the rider was last reported as not having a car seat. The rider should have to confirm that they now have a car seat and the new driver would have to confirm it as well.
Rohit has no power to ban someone from ANOTHER COMPANY'S app.

New2This

Uber/Lyft make a killing on unaccompanied minors being transported. They COULD do something about it but they choose not to.

SJCorolla

I drive in the same market; in my experience, this problem is far more common in certain neighborhoods and near suburbs of Chicago, as well as certain types of immigrant parents. It is sheer ignorance of the law or couldn't-care-less attitude.

One way to deal with this problem is obviously minimize your driving in those areas.

And if you do get someone who is pssed enough, make sure to report to Uber before she can unfairly report you for discrimination or worse.

Yellowmaster

Rohit has no power to ban someone from ANOTHER COMPANY'S app.
What? What is Rohit? Who's banning people from another company's app?

Trying to make a quick buck by all means possible is why they do it

to let a months old infant sit in the lap of a parent and try to justify it to a driver makes me sick bro ..

It would only take one sharp turn/curb run...
It is sick. She was PSSD. She slammed the door. She said that she was, "already running late. This is ridiculous! I'm not taking the bus! We're not going to get in a car accident!" Who leaves their home and think, I'm going to get a car accident today... ?????? KaRazey!

Thank you!

Last edited: