• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Awful weekend

WindyCityAnt

I took a trip from the game release too, Damon and division last night. I was on a $7.75. Get there and all the sudden Uber lets me see the heat map for about 2 secs after ending trip.

I was in the middle of a $6.75. I didn’t have time to look at the release point. So I took it.

Uber lost $3 on my first trip. And made half of the second trip. So it did balance out.

So I hit my quest late, dead heading back home. I drive close by ORD for this. Well it was midnight ish.

$10 showing and 1-5 cars. So I go over there. Literally nobody in the pit. Seriously! I pop in the pit for the first time in like 5 months.

Sat for 5 mins, got a ride to Lincoln park west. Uber loses another $4 on the trip as I got them there in 20 mins. Wtf?!

Shakur

It was ghost town yesterday lol

Missed this morning, trying to decide if I want to go out now for a few hours then go back around 5 or if I should just wait

WindyCityAnt

851A05E0-6839-425A-B69D-03AB44E6E8D4.jpeg

Didn’t do to bad. But the stupid CTs kept the surge WAY down. I dumped so many, prolly like 15-20 from pools, or long hauls with no surge on the 3rd trip.

Learned to just chill in the streets and meander with peeps hanging out works better sometimes for the brain. Or as like Uber like to say “Plan your trips” 🤣

Vladko

I karted 10 and 7 from ord yesterday after 10 pm. And 2 8.66 on lyft. All shorties. Easy money.

Svoloch

Demand is there. Too many newer clueless ants chasing $6 per 3 CTs and 50 cents per ride quests. Check FB groups - those morons are just happy to drive for peanuts. Time to cut rates for even more consistent earnings.

Nu1

I just had a fare adjusted to $0 and then they reversed it back after I called them. Now.. they added $2 extra on top of the original amount I was paid. It makes you wonder .. how often Uber is stealing a few extra bucks from our trips on top of the outrageous percentage they take.

Clearly they didn’t give me the accurate amount of $ for this trip which was with surge and because I had to dispute this idiotic adjustment they had to give me the correct amount.
They get away on a lot of trips where they either pay 0 or they pay less.

Shakur

Demand is there. Too many newer clueless ants chasing $6 per 3 CTs and 50 cents per ride quests. Check FB groups - those morons are just happy to drive for peanuts. Time to cut rates for even more consistent earnings.
Thought it was just me noticing this

Im looking like....uhhhh..why are people excited over an extra 3 bucks for accepting every ping they throw at you...?!!.....you know the last ping for consecutive trips is going to be 15 minutes away and it will be an extremely long ride or short one.

Schmanthony

I drove for the 80-ride quest this weekend, so I drove a lot. I agree it wasn't great. Friday and Saturday were almost tolerable, but Sunday was murder until the Bears and Blackhawks games started around sundown. I drove Sunday anyway to make my quest ($170).

Totals were about $900 Uber and $145 Lyft. For about 15 hours Friday, 12 hours Saturday, and 9 hours Sunday. So about $29/hr gross.

Flashback121

I drove for the 80-ride quest this weekend, so I drove a lot. I agree it wasn't great. Friday and Saturday were almost tolerable, but Sunday was murder until the Bears and Blackhawks games started around sundown. I drove Sunday anyway to make my quest ($170).

Totals were about $900 Uber and $145 Lyft. For about 15 hours Friday, 12 hours Saturday, and 9 hours Sunday. So about $29/hr gross.
That’s good $
But your body must be screaming

DrinkSoda

Last year was horrible between thanksgiving and Christmas. Less business travel and less people taking Uber as they need the money to buy their kid the first joe with Kung fu grip
Post automatically merged:

Everyday we a re closer to a recession. Just like every day that passes we are closer to death
What about Thursday and Fridays during that period? Less business travel but lots of company holiday parties. I recall afternoon rush hours were really busy but with short rides. The chances of a longer trip later in the evening when parties were winding down were quite high.

Get a trip from River North to Arlington Heights in the late evening then you're in position to swing by ORD and capture somebody there.
Post automatically merged:

Next Saturday will suck with the parade on Michigan Avenue causing gridlock. Then the next week zoo lights starts and anything near the zoo will be a trainwreck. I live daily close to the zoo and on nice nights the line of cars on Fullerton went past Ashland and on lakeshore the line to exit north ave was into the s turns. Everyone from the burbs thinks they can Drive downtown and have unlimited parking at the zoo
December as a whole if I remember is only good from Thursday to Saturday nights. In addition to the Michigan Ave parade and Zoo Lights, you've got the holiday shoppers and the Saturday in mid-December, TBOX in Wrigleyville.

Who remembers those 3-4x surges in the area of Wrigleyville and Lincoln Park on the day of TBOX around 6pm when those that think they're mighty start falling?

DrinkSoda

Today isn't over. There's still over 12 hours to go. But with the $10.50 CT from 4-7pm today I'm curious to see how people do this evening.