• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Awesome charging cable for Riders!

mvn39

Just wanted to share. The Wifey discovered this brand of cables (Mentiz) from Amazon. Been using the USB C version with old Quick Charger for my Samsung S8+ and been keeping it charged at constant 100% while driving. Old Anker Powerline II cable never got close. I bought another one and also their Super 2 in 1, this one charges iPhones (Lightning) and non-Apple accessories (micro USB) with one cable, for the Riders in the back. Been there for a couple of weeks and all who used them were amazed how quick they charged. Noticed tips were easier to get with them. They can also snap together to look nice and neat. Here's my setup.
IMG_4027.JPGIMG_4040.JPG

EngineerAtHeart

Fantastic idea. But where do you keep snacks and cold water for riders?
I really don't have a problem with suppling chargers. Doesn't cost me anything except a cheap charger that will last forever. If it gets stolen oh well no replacement. It keeps the pax quiet and under control for the ride.

The reaction of USB-C people when I say I have one they are always shocked. And impressed. They usually give a buck or 2 right away for having it.

WindyCityAnt

Have a crappy micro USB that stretches a whole 18 inches in my center counsel. If they ask I give it to them no problem, but usually they get aggrieved by the length and end there usage faster or lay it down on the seat to charge while getting to there destination, like I want them to. Rambling on about business in my back seat is annoying “I like music” sorry for the inconvenience, all companies have these type of employees. It’s up to you to help prevent them from working while off the clock or not being available at 100% of the companies time. Easy excuse for them not to respond to your “boss.” Only if they see it though, some pax will work 24 hours a day if they were asked to from the company. Hence why I drive for Uber! I get to make those choices. Nobody else!

mvn39

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fantastic idea. But where do you keep snacks and cold water for riders?
They started tipping more without me offering the snacks or drinks. So it actually saves me $$ not go to Sam's so often and space in the back to keep supply.

SuperStar3000

Those look sweet. Better than my 3 separate cables bundled up (and 99.9% only asked for iPhone)
This has also been my experience.
Users of other devices are so much less dependent on others to provide them with charging cables.
So what is the problem with iPhone users and their inability to keep their phones charged?

mvn39

This has also been my experience.
Users of other devices are so much less dependent on others to provide them with charging cables.
So what is the problem with iPhone users and their inability to keep their phones charged?
I think they just talk/chat/use apps way too much and iPhone's battery design was intentionally smaller than it should be to justify the next upgrade to the more expensive model...

UberBeemer

I used to keep one of each cable but soon learned that too many pax will try to steal these. So i found a dual port USB outlet that plugs into one of several 12v ports i have, and mounted the USB block to the back of the center console with a "command" strip adhesive strip. If they have their cable, they are welcome to plug in. Otherwise, they are out of luck.

OP-Matt

Those look sweet. Better than my 3 separate cables bundled up (and 99.9% only asked for iPhone)
I keep an old iPhone cable plugged in to a port on the rear of the center console. It gets a lot of use. To date I’ve had only one stolen, which seems like good odds. Also the number of people that ask for an android/usb cable vs iPhone is like 1 out of 1000. Just never happens. (I do have both usb mini and usb c in the front that pretty much just sit there permanently coiled up.)

mvn39

Trying again all the different links they have. I have the first two which should cover 100% of any devices pax will need to charge.

Super 2 in 1 Cable - compatible with Lightning and micro USB

USB-C Cable - new Android phones

Super 2 in 1 - looks like a different version, USBC on other end

Lightning - only works with Apple products.

Micro USB